Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 145   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's right with football?  (Read 628022 times)
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Saturday, April 25, 2015, 23:49:40 »

What's with the hate for Cheltenham (other than our pretty appalling record there..)? they're such a "nothing-y" team to me.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Sunday, April 26, 2015, 07:37:28 »

What's with the hate for Cheltenham (other than our pretty appalling record there..)? they're such a "nothing-y" team to me.

The appalling record against them is enough! We didn't just lose to them, we couldn't even function without self-destructing.

They are a nothing-y club and now they have been reclaimed by their rightful owners, Non-League....!
Amir

« Reply #332 on: Sunday, April 26, 2015, 08:03:40 »

The appalling record against them is enough! We didn't just lose to them, we couldn't even function without self-destructing.

They are a nothing-y club and now they have been reclaimed by their rightful owners, Non-League....!

Amen, brother.
Barry Scott

« Reply #333 on: Sunday, April 26, 2015, 08:23:58 »

+1. Some of my worst football experiences have come against Cheltenham. I recall going to Whaddon Road under King when Parkin got red carded and how the ref broke up a fight by seeming to go in 2 footed on Parkin. It's a local club for local people.
Amir

« Reply #334 on: Sunday, April 26, 2015, 08:36:49 »

+1. Some of my worst football experiences have come against Cheltenham. I recall going to Whaddon Road under King when Parkin got red carded and how the ref broke up a fight by seeming to go in 2 footed on Parkin. It's a local club for local people.

And my best mate ended up on the back of the paper, looking like a werewolf giving Gurney the Vs. I think the headline was 'Worst night of my life' - King.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Sunday, April 26, 2015, 08:44:16 »

On the bright side, Cheltenham away was where I saw the legendary lesser spotted Yinka Casal play. For some reason, he seemed to attract nasty challenges that day and spent most of the game on the ground having collided with someone in mid air.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #336 on: Sunday, April 26, 2015, 09:06:56 »

I went to the friendly with them in 86/87, we won 1-0 with Hockaday scoring, their fans were unfriendly to say the least with Swindon populating about half of the 1,200 crowd.

They threw things at us during the game and my car broke down on the way home, that was the start of my dislike of them.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Sunday, April 26, 2015, 09:08:07 »

Their fans have a strange attitude towards us, many thinking they are a bigger club than us.
I also have a strong dislike for them, and am happy to see them out of the league

I come from a land down-under
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Sunday, April 26, 2015, 11:41:09 »

I remember one year (may have been League 2 season under Di Canio) where some Swindon fan pulled the head off the mascot, who was wearing a robin costume revealing a fat bald guy underneath who had a pop at the Swindon fan. That's my only good memory of Whaddon Road
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Sunday, April 26, 2015, 12:05:12 »

Quote from: Barry Scott

my lowest point as a town fan was after that game. plus I was born in Gloucester so legally have to dislike Cheltenham .
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 11:06:08 »

Would be quite funny to see Cheltenham replaced by Forest Green!

Not really a good thing, but crazy to think that Bournemouth are a win away from being 4 divisions higher than Tranmere Rovers next season.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 11:29:05 »

The atmosphere that night was absolutely poisonous, one of my most miserable away games ever, it just had no redeeming features at all, utterly unpleasant experience from start to finish. Although to be fair to Cheltenham that wasn't really due to them/their fans, it was all about the shit going on between our team and fans and among the fans. Don't want to play them ever again, but I feel sorry for them being relegated even if they are back where they belong. While the likes of Crawley and Stevenage are in the League, I'd rather have Cheltenham there (as long as not in the same division as us!)
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 21:58:48 »

I was going to say I find it hard to hate a team for being tin point, but Bournemouth..

I get it now.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 12:33:44 »

Lionel messi. The best footballer on the planet. Don't even start with a ronaldo argument. It's a non starter
kerry red

« Reply #344 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 09:56:58 »

Bradford City's prices for an adult ST next season - £149, and that's DOWN £50 on this season.

Over to you, Lee!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 145   Go Up
Print
Jump to: