Pages: 1 ... 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 ... 146   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's right with football?  (Read 628785 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1875 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 14:00:37 »

Man City 1 up after 14 secs. Fastest ever FA Cup Final goal.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1876 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 14:33:47 »

The game has gone with VAR - how the fuck can that be a penalty?  Handball when a guy is in the air and it clips his fingers from 1 metre.  If those are the new rules then there is going to be a penatly every 10 mins - nobody will be going for goal, they will just be trying to hit the oppositions hands.

Keep it away from League 1/2 football please.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1877 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 14:41:18 »

The game has gone with VAR - how the fuck can that be a penalty?  Handball when a guy is in the air and it clips his fingers from 1 metre.  If those are the new rules then there is going to be a penatly every 10 mins - nobody will be going for goal, they will just be trying to hit the oppositions hands.

It is a penalty, simple, the ball hit his hand. It would have been a penalty at the other end also. The problem with the penalty law is having caveats. Deliberate?, unnatural position?, accidental? IMHO the only way to make this rule 100% cast in stone is if the ball hits the hand in any event it is a penalty. Yes, a player can flick the ball towards another players hand but so can the opposition. I’ll put my life on it that had that incident happened at the other end the Citeh players would have been shouting for one too.

Simply put it is a penalty if you get it, it’s also a penalty if you don’t.

The offside law has fallen foul to this type of bastardisation of the original rule also.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1878 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 14:48:03 »

The game has gone with VAR - how the fuck can that be a penalty?  Handball when a guy is in the air and it clips his fingers from 1 metre.  If those are the new rules then there is going to be a penatly every 10 mins - nobody will be going for goal, they will just be trying to hit the oppositions hands.

Agree. Its total bollocks. "hand in an unnatural position" fuck off.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #1879 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 15:13:52 »

It is a penalty, simple, the ball hit his hand. It would have been a penalty at the other end also. The problem with the penalty law is having caveats. Deliberate?, unnatural position?, accidental? IMHO the only way to make this rule 100% cast in stone is if the ball hits the hand in any event it is a penalty. Yes, a player can flick the ball towards another players hand but so can the opposition. I’ll put my life on it that had that incident happened at the other end the Citeh players would have been shouting for one too.

The offside law has fallen foul to this type of bastardisation of the original rule also.
100%. The rule may be shite but it's been around all season.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1880 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 15:22:24 »

According to Lineker that rule is getting junked next season. Back to ‘intentional’ handball.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1881 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 15:29:42 »

Maradona😀

So, give no fucks
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #1882 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 15:44:08 »

It's not about one end or the other, one team or the other, it's about the rule - it's bollocks.  

Has a penatly been awarded everytime a ball has touched a hand this season in every game?  No, therefore it's bollocks.
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 15:46:10 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1883 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 16:16:49 »

The handball rule definitely needs a rethink. As to what, under video scrutiny I've no idea. One of the problems is that when the replay is slowed down often these acts somehow look more deliberate. (not saying the Grealish one did look deliberate) I genuinely don't know what the answer is but there must be some way to accurately measure whether a player has had time to get his hand out of the way or something?

For me the offside rule is more black and white, whether the player is 5 yards or a ball hair offside, its offside. Half of the problem are ex-footballers whinging that goals where players are millimetres offside by the letter of the law are being chalked off and its taking ages. We'll sorry but managers like Ferguson and Wenger moaned like bitches for ages about wrong decisions. Well we now have a system where we can correct these things now.

I'm not in favour of VAR necessarily but it's a tool that we probably need to use if we're going to make sure decisions are correct. They just need to have a lot of a rethink about rules etc. As for VAR in league 1/2, no thank you, I think part of the fun of the lower leagues are suffering/gaining from terrible refereeing and linesman decisions.
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 16:36:32 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1884 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 18:01:20 »

I'm not even sure the offside VAR thing is down.

You're freezing the image the drawing lines and dots on the screen and everything, first of all its supposed to be used for 'clear and obvious errors' but secondly, if you're not doing the same down the other end and ensuring you're freezing it the millisecond that the ball leaves the players foot then its kind of pointless.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #1885 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 18:02:47 »

The handball rule definitely needs a rethink. As to what, under video scrutiny I've no idea. One of the problems is that when the replay is slowed down often these acts somehow look more deliberate. (not saying the Grealish one did look deliberate) I genuinely don't know what the answer is but there must be some way to accurately measure whether a player has had time to get his hand out of the way or something?

For me the offside rule is more black and white, whether the player is 5 yards or a ball hair offside, its offside. Half of the problem are ex-footballers whinging that goals where players are millimetres offside by the letter of the law are being chalked off and its taking ages. We'll sorry but managers like Ferguson and Wenger moaned like bitches for ages about wrong decisions. Well we now have a system where we can correct these things now.

I'm not in favour of VAR necessarily but it's a tool that we probably need to use if we're going to make sure decisions are correct. They just need to have a lot of a rethink about rules etc. As for VAR in league 1/2, no thank you, I think part of the fun of the lower leagues are suffering/gaining from terrible refereeing and linesman decisions.

The only thing not black and white about the offside rule is what part of the body they use to measure it.  Should the fact that an arm is offside mean that a player is offside?  Or a shoulder leaning forward mean that a player is offside.  They need to pick a point and stick to it.  Personally I think it should be based on the furthest point that either foot is at, at the point of the ball being struck for the pass, if a knee, shoulder or hand is further forward, it shouldn't be offside. The same measurement for the defender. The game is called football after all.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1886 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 18:04:12 »

I preferred offside when there was daylight between the players making it easier to call

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1887 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 18:08:14 »

The only thing not black and white about the offside rule is what part of the body they use to measure it.  Should the fact that an arm is offside mean that a player is offside?  Or a shoulder leaning forward mean that a player is offside.  They need to pick a point and stick to it.  Personally I think it should be based on the furthest point that either foot is at, at the point of the ball being struck for the pass, if a knee, shoulder or hand is further forward, it shouldn't be offside. The same measurement for the defender. The game is called football after all.

Supposed to be the first part of the body you can score with. But they don't seem consistent.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1888 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 18:14:26 »

It's not about one end or the other, one team or the other, it's about the rule - it's bollocks.  

Has a penatly been awarded everytime a ball has touched a hand this season in every game?  No, therefore it's bollocks.

Has the penalty winning team argued that they should not have had a contentious penalty awarded to them?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #1889 on: Sunday, June 4, 2023, 11:52:43 »

Has the penalty winning team argued that they should not have had a contentious penalty awarded to them?

I don't know what the fuck you are going on about but you keep going back to teams, it's not about teams, it's about the bollocks rule.

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 ... 146   Go Up
Print
Jump to: