Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: McCrory's take on Power's past  (Read 6999 times)
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 10:27:29 »

I'd like to think Town fans, would prefer to hear the truth, even if unpalatable, than some BS crap.

Problem is, if the legal wranglings of the past few months are anything to go by, 'the truth' is a legal minefield. Nobody wants to share information they are later going to get sued for releasing, or that could then be used against the club in a lawsuit. Trust/Supporters Club are all volunteers after all, they don't get paid for what they do, so whilst I'm sure all involved in them have the best interests of the supporters at heart, they're not going to stick their necks out too far, just in case.

Some things can be openly said, some things can't. It's stupid, and feels like a conspiracy sometimes, but that, unfortunately, is the world of law. 'BS crap' is sometimes the only way anyone can say anything about what's going on whilst covering themselves from the threat of lawsuits. If they released nothing people would moan that they didn't give a shit about the supporters, that they're ignoring them blah blah blah.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 12:51:30 »

And did they not do an open Q&A in the Legend's before the Walsall game? Think it was Murrall and Hooper iirc.

How many people were able to make that, they need a proper organised meeting with chairman and board in attendance to be able to answer questions from supporters that wish to go along, not a limited time frame before a game.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 15:30:46 »

How many people were able to make that, they need a proper organised meeting with chairman and board in attendance to be able to answer questions from supporters that wish to go along, not a limited time frame before a game.

Jesus fucking wept do you want Jed to come round your mum's for tea?! They organised a public appearance where any fan could ask questions of members of the new board. If you didn't go, that's your lookout but it gets my goat a bit that people imply the board are hidden in some lair away from the fans only coming out to get pissed with Tans down the pub and send a few tweets.

The summer is the time for lengthier dicussions and dialogue with them about long term plans, they've taken over in a a turbulent time for the club in a lot of ways, not to mention in the middle of a promotion battle. Understandably imho, they have said they are prioritising that - hence Power not being due to be officially announced until post-Stevenage so as not to intefere with two hugely important home games.

I don't want to appear like a devil's advocate or Jed apologist all the time but do think the comments get a bit one sided and just think a bit of balance is in order sometimes.

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 15:36:58 »

Reading the full article in the Adver, I see Jed stated that we didn't want it to come out in the media when it did!!  Is this a case of that cunt Chris Wise abusing his position again to get one over the Adver?  Wiltshire Sound may just find themselves left out in the cold another time!! Ban Them
Flashheart

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 15:49:08 »

Reading the full article in the Adver, I see Jed stated that we didn't want it to come out in the media when it did!!  Is this a case of that cunt Chris Wise abusing his position again to get one over the Adver? 

This had crossed my mind

Although Chris Wise was on holiday last time it happened.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 16:22:28 »

Jesus fucking wept do you want Jed to come round your mum's for tea?! They organised a public appearance where any fan could ask questions of members of the new board. If you didn't go, that's your lookout but it gets my goat a bit that people imply the board are hidden in some lair away from the fans only coming out to get pissed with Tans down the pub and send a few tweets.

Plus you couldn't pick a more ideal time than before a game.

Guessing everyone that cares enough to go to a meeting with the board will be at the game anyway. 2 birds, 1 stone and all that
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 16:43:14 »

Plus you couldn't pick a more ideal time than before a game.

Guessing everyone that cares enough to go to a meeting with the board will be at the game anyway. 2 birds, 1 stone and all that

Game day and meeting day are two completely different things...the last thing on my mind on a game day, is a fucking meeting.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 16:49:09 »

Game day and meeting day are two completely different things...the last thing on my mind on a game day, is a fucking meeting.
Conversely,  the best day to attend a meeting for the 1000's of out of town fans is a matchday. I managed to get to the Q&A in the legends. Wouldn't have made it if it hadn't been before a game.

It's All Good..............
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 16:50:28 »

The summer is the time for lengthier dicussions and dialogue with them about long term plans, they've taken over in a a turbulent time for the club in a lot of ways, not to mention in the middle of a promotion battle. Understandably imho, they have said they are prioritising that - hence Power not being due to be officially announced until post-Stevenage so as not to intefere with two hugely important home games.

I don't want to appear like a devil's advocate or Jed apologist all the time but do think the comments get a bit one sided and just think a bit of balance is in order sometimes.

If they did come round for tea, some of the moaners on here would bleat they'd bought hobnobs, instead of gingernuts with them.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 17:02:31 »

Jed was drinking a pint of coke when he was chatting to us.

Rock and roll
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 17:03:04 »

Conversely,  the best day to attend a meeting for the 1000's of out of town fans is a matchday. I managed to get to the Q&A in the legends. Wouldn't have made it if it hadn't been before a game.

And you kept asking questions, nosy cunt
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 17:06:52 »

A fair point....should be 2 meetings then.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 17:22:20 »

If they did come round for tea, some of the moaners on here would bleat they'd bought hobnobs, instead of gingernuts with them.

Of course we'd moan, gingernuts are the fucking pinnacle of tea-accompanying biscuits. Bringing anything else is just insulting.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 17:23:13 »

I am a Malted Milk fiend...regularly eat a packet of em.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 17:59:55 »

Reading the full article in the Adver, I see Jed stated that we didn't want it to come out in the media when it did!!  Is this a case of that cunt Chris Wise abusing his position again to get one over the Adver?  Wiltshire Sound may just find themselves left out in the cold another time!! Ban Them
You really hate Chris Wise.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: