Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 526070 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1410 on: Thursday, June 17, 2021, 10:07:00 »

Clem has no known baggage and his statements on the future he sees for the club have been put in the public domain - so we do, st least, have something to judge him on.

As noted above Clem will suffer from what he has followed and the cynicism and suspicion embedded in a lot of our fan base, this guy 8 years (good god) back was saying a lot of 'the right things'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/21590928
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #1411 on: Thursday, June 17, 2021, 10:08:26 »

Clem has no known baggage and his statements on the future he sees for the club have been put in the public domain - so we do, st least, have something to judge him on.

For some fans, success on the pitch is the only yardstick, but, IMO, getting back to being a functional football club again is far more important. As a a club we’ve been plagued with short termism and the opportunity for some to make a fast buck for far too long.

Let’s have a vision and stick to it. Long term it’s the only way to go.

We had that with Fitton. That didn't last. I hope Clem has more stomach for dealing with football people. In the industries he's worked in, he's probably knocked around with rougher types than the posh boys ever did.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1412 on: Thursday, June 17, 2021, 10:10:36 »

People taking about Power will walk off with the Twine money, as this goes through the FL they are likely to keep any monies so it reduces what stfc owe them on the loan, and in any case with the court case ongoing the FL may not release any money until ownership is clear.

Nobody knows the terms of the FL loan, with the club due money from the FL some of that may be held back as part payment, or it may be used to clear the FL loan first.

Yeah. Nobody has a scooby about how these things are dealt with. Wonder when the FA charges will appear. Is there any punishment they can dish out that would matter a jot if Power is no longer a club owner?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1413 on: Thursday, June 17, 2021, 10:37:25 »

Got to say, I have wondered if any of his dealings actually goes beyond just fucking a football club over.

😱
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1414 on: Thursday, June 17, 2021, 10:41:29 »

I'm happy with the statement this morning from the OSC.

Have also now seen this from the Axis/Standing QC chap. The bit in the penultimate paragraph about Power's possible next step is interesting:

https://www.brickcourt.co.uk/news/detail/chairman-scores-spectacular-own-goal-in-swindon-town-dispute

This was helpful and provides some much needed clarity on the most recent developments.

Nothing to see here
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1415 on: Thursday, June 17, 2021, 11:30:37 »

I'd love to be a fly on the well in Power's office or wherever when he's speaking with his lawyers.

Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #1416 on: Thursday, June 17, 2021, 12:11:48 »

We had that with Fitton. That didn't last. I hope Clem has more stomach for dealing with football people. In the industries he's worked in, he's probably knocked around with rougher types than the posh boys ever did.

Assuming he takes over, I suspect we will not see a great deal of him weekly / monthly. I’ve seen nothing to suggest he’ll relocate - does anyone know? That’s not a problem of course. It just means the people who he appoints (his version of Nick Watkins for the business and Paul Jewell for the football) need to be good.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1417 on: Thursday, June 17, 2021, 12:14:54 »

He's said he already knows who his CEO is going to be so assume that will be the fella/women who will be his boots on the ground.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #1418 on: Thursday, June 17, 2021, 12:39:30 »

He's already said he won't be relocating and will be in touch with his general manager/whoever once or twice a week or so.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1419 on: Thursday, June 17, 2021, 14:06:49 »

Will the issue over the debenture be dealt with in court as well, if Power paid below the reported £2m for it, can the court then force him to enable it be be sold with stfc for the amount he paid and not with the reported £14k a month interest or is that worth whatever he says it is worth ?

I assume this interest is the interest that Power pays on his loan plus his interest rate on top ?
Panda Paws

« Reply #1420 on: Thursday, June 17, 2021, 14:08:46 »

He runs a business that does $x00 pa in revenue. He's not going to leave Aus and work for STFC.

He has already said, repeatedly, he'll delegate and his CEO will run everything day-to-day.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1421 on: Thursday, June 17, 2021, 14:16:59 »

I think he mentioned something about hiring a CEO rather than relocating to Swindon.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1422 on: Thursday, June 17, 2021, 14:17:59 »

As noted above Clem will suffer from what he has followed and the cynicism and suspicion embedded in a lot of our fan base, this guy 8 years (good god) back was saying a lot of 'the right things'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/21590928

Well if after three years we’re not in the Pl with a minimum 40k capacity ground he can fuck off as well.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1423 on: Thursday, June 17, 2021, 17:25:42 »

Who does this fella share a moniker with this week?

Flashheart

« Reply #1424 on: Thursday, June 17, 2021, 17:33:10 »

Colin West, innit.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: