Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 526137 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #975 on: Sunday, June 6, 2021, 15:21:14 »

I don't think the club could stop commentaries but they could be restrictive on media interview etc and only do the bare minimum

So, give no fucks
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #976 on: Sunday, June 6, 2021, 15:46:21 »

Like they already do
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #977 on: Sunday, June 6, 2021, 16:02:34 »

Fans are looking for the media outlets to step up. This is where the Adver would usually do something but they are in a sad state these days. BBC Wiltshire are probably victims of the lack of journalism elsewhere so this is where their frustrating failings become more apparent.

Shaun Hodgetts is Shaun Hodgetts. From memory he's never been one for these sort of situations (happy to be corrected) and I'm more than sure Morfuni will get the usual Hodgetts treatment if CM wins his legal battle.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #978 on: Sunday, June 6, 2021, 16:04:18 »

I’m bemused by Shaun Hodgetts’ approach. He must love the club - he’s been here forever - but all he seems to do is give a platform to Power whenever he wants it. He doesn’t interview him, he hands the mic over. The soundbites from Power are not challenged. I understand he may have instructions from BBC Swindon to make sure he stays the right side of the line to make sure that they retain access to the club for commentaries (the only plausible explanation?)... but even still - just interview him, and when he talks utter nonsense, don’t just say “thank you Mr Power”.

when was the last power interview and when did the power revelations come out?

yes some fans have always wanted power out but without proof and on hear say. was hodgetts meant to scupper close links with the club based on fans who didn't like powers lack of communication?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #979 on: Sunday, June 6, 2021, 16:07:22 »

There was an interview after the first court case of the most recent round (February?)

That was the one where he said we would run out of money by the end of the month so had to sell DJ, and that he was the sole owner (after the court had confirmed Clem's 15%)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #980 on: Sunday, June 6, 2021, 17:52:19 »

Aren't rights sold collectively by the FL and have sweet FA to do with the club?

That’s probably right. I was speculating. Just trying to find a reason for the odd difference in approach for when he “interviews” the man running the club into the ground, and then interviews the one who might (might!) just save it when there is no other option. I’ve no problem at all with him pressing Morfuni. There are many unknowns. But there are even more unknowns with the current owner, who gets off very lightly.

Don't forget he's got a good position at BBC Wilts and been there since the 80's when most have moved on so won't want to rock the boat.

Or his longevity / seniority could give him authority to ask the questions he wants.   
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #981 on: Sunday, June 6, 2021, 17:55:09 »

All if's & buts which we don't have the answers

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #982 on: Sunday, June 6, 2021, 18:30:57 »

Yeah that's right. Beginning of Feb.

So much happened since then. He has even since claimed that he can continue to fund the club but didn't want to at that time
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #983 on: Sunday, June 6, 2021, 20:57:41 »

Possibly you are reading the situation incorrectly.
A little saying is Keep close to your friends but even closer to your enemies.
Also. It's not whats said at a meeting that's important...
it's what not said that is  really important

Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #984 on: Sunday, June 6, 2021, 21:05:21 »

Think about it
These are very difficult times for the club and sometimes it's best to simply keep quiet and let the big boys come out to play.
Trouble is Clem Morfuni is by all accounts not a High roller

Some one needs to befriend James Dyson
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #985 on: Sunday, June 6, 2021, 21:40:15 »

James dyson should take over and do the ground refurb and put a giant fan on top of the town end to suck/blow the ball as is advantageous at the time. A huge giant quiet fan on the town end roof

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #986 on: Monday, June 7, 2021, 05:56:09 »

Quote from: Bogus Dave
James dyson should take over and do the ground refurb and put a giant fan on top of the town end to suck/blow the ball as is advantageous at the time. A huge giant quiet fan on the town end roof

ooooh Dyson wind tunnel.

we'd probably get there in August to find he's moved it to Singapore though
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #987 on: Monday, June 7, 2021, 07:41:21 »

I asked.
Dyson has no interest in football.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #988 on: Monday, June 7, 2021, 08:03:08 »

Bugger.

Surely someone can catch up with Mark Devlin or Wray ex CEO's of the club and simply request their advice and inputs.

There must be some suitable honest business people who have come into contact with the club in the past and has some passion moving forward. 

Glen Hoddle must be well heeled (although having had a heart event recently) and other ex players

Has Nationwide been really been approached ?

What a mess we find our club in Huh?   

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #989 on: Monday, June 7, 2021, 08:06:09 »

How do we know anyone else will be a better option now? it is a gamble either way so we just have to hope from here on . Wray for what it is worth is half the reason we are in this mess. Let's not forget that
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: