Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 526085 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #960 on: Saturday, June 5, 2021, 17:54:40 »

controversial, I didn't find Hodgetts interview too offensive.

it's not the scrutiny that he put Clem under that is the problem. It's the lack of scrutiny on Power - though that chance is gone imo.

nothing original, but a different audience reached

Agree 100% - it wasn't the fact that he was over aggressive or anything that caused my piss to boil, more the fact that he doesn't use the same vigour and challenging way when talking to Power, it showed there was an obvious difference.  The manner of this interview is how he should be interviewing the club stewards, not just those outside of the club.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #961 on: Saturday, June 5, 2021, 17:58:18 »

He's too weary of upsetting Power as he will remember how the Adver pissed him off

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #962 on: Saturday, June 5, 2021, 18:22:00 »

it's not the scrutiny that he put Clem under that is the problem. It's the lack of scrutiny on Power - though that chance is gone imo.

Absolutely - well within his rights to ask Clem those questions, it's the contrast with his softball "thank you Mr. Power" interviews that raises eyebrows.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #963 on: Saturday, June 5, 2021, 19:52:34 »

had any confirmed revelations about power surfaced at the time of the last interview? if not its harsh criticism

I'm sure if power was interviewed now it would be very different to previous
Crackity Jones

« Reply #964 on: Saturday, June 5, 2021, 19:59:20 »

Agree. Hodgetts line of questioning to Clem was entirely reasonable and still largely anodyne. Power gets the red carpet simpering
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #965 on: Saturday, June 5, 2021, 23:09:45 »

I described Hodgetts as being prickly in this interview. He seized upon words that Clem said and was a bit testy. But, within his rights to do so. Just needs to do the same with Power.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #966 on: Saturday, June 5, 2021, 23:52:03 »

I described Hodgetts as being prickly in this interview. He seized upon words that Clem said and was a bit testy. But, within his rights to do so. Just needs to do the same with Power.

I will only be satisfied with the interviews of Lee power when he basically says Lee, town fans think you’re a slimey thieving wide boy cunt - what is your response?

Thing is we don’t know what’s going to come out of the woodwork. Clem seems to be a supporters wet dream - a straight forward guy who’s made a few Bob and wants to try his hand at football club  ownership. Fair play. Reminds me a bit of Bill Power who was an upfront QPR fan but seemed open and honest. Clem is however not apparently a fan of any other club which is even better

I trust that the trust have asked a few tough questions of Clem - Shaun hodgetts just seems 

totally irrelevant - not his fault but the media have been cut out by power not speaking to them and Clem talking directly to the trust. I am probably making no sense apologies I am wankered.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #967 on: Sunday, June 6, 2021, 11:16:57 »

Moss... as in David ?

I tend to agree with every word of your message
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #968 on: Sunday, June 6, 2021, 12:01:30 »

I’m bemused by Shaun Hodgetts’ approach. He must love the club - he’s been here forever - but all he seems to do is give a platform to Power whenever he wants it. He doesn’t interview him, he hands the mic over. The soundbites from Power are not challenged. I understand he may have instructions from BBC Swindon to make sure he stays the right side of the line to make sure that they retain access to the club for commentaries (the only plausible explanation?)... but even still - just interview him, and when he talks utter nonsense, don’t just say “thank you Mr Power”.
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 6, 2021, 12:03:19 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #969 on: Sunday, June 6, 2021, 12:17:18 »

Instructions from BBC Wilts and what to ask.....exactly that so won't risk it

So, give no fucks
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #970 on: Sunday, June 6, 2021, 12:43:01 »

Spineless Shaun Hodgetts.

Weasel like questions for years.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #971 on: Sunday, June 6, 2021, 12:45:53 »

Don't forget he's got a good position at BBC Wilts and been there since the 80's when most have moved on so won't want to rock the boat.

So, give no fucks
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #972 on: Sunday, June 6, 2021, 14:01:05 »

There is always the possibility that Hodgetts is on Powers payroll to just stay stum and be another puppet.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #973 on: Sunday, June 6, 2021, 14:03:26 »

I would say he's just being a professional in his job working between the guidelines he's probably been given
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 6, 2021, 15:14:29 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #974 on: Sunday, June 6, 2021, 15:09:57 »

I understand he may have instructions from BBC Swindon to make sure he stays the right side of the line to make sure that they retain access to the club for commentaries (the only plausible explanation?)...

Aren't rights sold collectively by the FL and have sweet FA to do with the club?
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: