Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 527626 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 22:25:33 »

Thanks for listening.

No problem.  I don't often listen to the non-player interview episodes. 

Nothing to see here
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 22:55:43 »

Proper, organised protest may be required in the not so distant future.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 05:19:34 »

Thank you
Quote from: JBZ, Batch
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 05:23:29 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 06:43:26 »

i still don’t understand why the can is being kicked down the road again. If they haven’t agreed by now another month isn’t going to change anything. Good to hear, though, that the judge can, and will, enforce a club sale. I presume, though, that that could only be to Axis.

Power’s statements are very contradictory from one hearing to the other. How on earth did Power/Standing think this would ever end amicably.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 07:42:34 »

i still don’t understand why the can is being kicked down the road again. If they haven’t agreed by now another month isn’t going to change anything.

It is moving forward. We needed this to be here 3 months ago though. I guess there is a framework to procedure and that's what is being followed. Even though we know Power won't sell to Axis, he has to be given the oppertunity for manouver to either do that or to fund the club to trial*. Etc.

At least the judge understands the urgency, though it may be too late footballing wise. I hope we get him for the main trial.

* As stated in trial, the 300K Clem and Standing put up has not been used yet - we funded via the EFL loan. I guess now we have released all out players the running costs will drop (July?) . So I guess its possible power could fund the club more easily and bring in el cheapo replacements. God help us.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 07:48:08 by Batch » Logged
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 08:30:53 »

I think the overly concerning thing is that Power has asked for the Standing/Clem funding to be doubled to 600k.... yet he said he can fund the club itself.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 08:31:02 »

Yet Power says he wants Clem/Standing to finance another £600,000 this month. God knows what for if it’s true he hasn’t touched the previous £300,000.

Is it possible he stays as Chairman but funded by Able?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 08:34:03 »

Yet Power says he wants Clem/Standing to finance another £600,000 this month. God knows what for if it’s true he hasn’t touched the previous £300,000.

Is it possible he stays as Chairman but funded by Able?

Able can choose who they bloody well like as Chairman once its their toy (possible sanction from the FA/FL permitting).
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 08:38:43 »

It was interesting to see the FA getting involved and seeking access to documents,at least suggests they are moving forward and there is little point doing things twice.

Read the Trust summary which was useful apart from this bit;

Axis have formalised their bid to purchase the Club, but Mr Power’s attorney outlined reasons as to why it wasn’t satisfactory to her client

Setting aside that we are not in the States  Wink Cheesy, it would be useful to hear the reasons?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 08:40:12 »

I really meant without actually selling to Able. Some kind of ‘arrangement’. Or is there a FA rule preventing outside investment - apart from players or agents?

Yesterday was the first time it was mooted that Power maybe wanted to carry on.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 08:43:21 »

Yesterday was the first time it was mooted that Power maybe wanted to carry on.

This was a big moment during the hearing and was easy for Mr. West to use it to the advantage of Axis.

It simply highlighted yet again that Lee Power does not want to sell STFC to Morfuni.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 09:02:22 »

It was interesting to see the FA getting involved and seeking access to documents,at least suggests they are moving forward and there is little point doing things twice.

Axis have formalised their bid to purchase the Club, but Mr Power’s attorney outlined reasons as to why it wasn’t satisfactory to her client

Setting aside that we are not in the States  Wink Cheesy, it would be useful to hear the reasons?

The trust could do with someone who can provide/communicate a thorough analysis of the proceedings.

Nothing to see here
Flashheart

« Reply #657 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 09:08:20 »

I don't think the reasons were repeated during the session, but the judge did say they were not convincing.
Panda Paws

« Reply #658 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 09:11:58 »

The trust could do with someone who can provide/communicate a thorough analysis of the proceedings.

Ping us an email if you have value to add.
Flashheart

« Reply #659 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 09:17:32 »

This bit fried my brain also. Surely he doesn't get to say he can run it AND request that other people pay for it. I must have missed something because I don't see how he (Power) could get away with it otherwise.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: