Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 526208 times)
Crackity Jones

« Reply #630 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 17:39:13 »

What I don't understand is how you can publicly state that you don't want to / or can't afford to continue to fund the club while it's in league 1 and then u turn after you have relegated the club and pissed off the entire fan base.  If power is still in charge next season, who is he expecting through the turnstiles?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #631 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 17:56:07 »

Quote from: Crackity Jones
What I don't understand is how you can publicly state that you don't want to / or can't afford to continue to fund the club while it's in league 1 and then u turn after you have relegated the club and pissed off the entire fan base.  If power is still in charge next season, who is he expecting through the turnstiles?

I think it's like poker betting, he's so far in  now he's gone all in and hoping for the best.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 19:05:53 »

What I don't understand is how you can publicly state that you don't want to / or can't afford to continue to fund the club while it's in league 1 and then u turn after you have relegated the club and pissed off the entire fan base.  If power is still in charge next season, who is he expecting through the turnstiles?

If power is still in charge next season, who is he expecting through the turnstiles?

Yes pretty much this. Something I have alluded to myself. Which also leads onto Able. I doubt very much the trust would wish to enter into a partnership with them to purchase the ground and besides IIRC the council won’t sell to anyone without the trust having a 50% stake in the purchase. So the comment applies to them as well. After all are you going to invest any cash into the club owned by a company rubber stamped by Power? No, me neither. I firmly believe Able is a Trojan/Stalking Horse being used as a crowbar against Standing/Clem/Axis. The noose is getting tighter and as some said earlier (Batch) it is a game of poker now.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 17, 2021, 20:57:51 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #633 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 20:10:14 »

If our fearless leader says he can fund the club, why did he go to the EfL for a loan?

More horseshit.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #634 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 20:53:13 »

If power is still in charge next season, who is he expecting through the turnstiles?

Yes pretty much this. Something I have alluded to myself. Which also leads onto Able. I doubt very much the trust would wish to enter into a partnership with them to purchase the ground and besides IIRC the council won’t sell to anyone without the trust having a 50% stake in the purchase. So the comment applies to them as well. After all are you going to invest any cash into the club owned by a company rubber stamped by Power? No, me neither. I firmly believe Able is a Trojan/Stalking Horse being used as a crowbar against Standing/Clem/Axis. The noose is getting tighter and as some said earlier it is a game of poker now.

Power being the silent partner behind Able and openly touting this within football circles.
Supporters can do their bit by holding out. I do believe he won’t last much longer now,
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 20:59:32 »

Power being the silent partner behind Able and openly touting this within football circles.
Supporters can do their bit by holding out. I do believe he won’t last much longer now,

If what you say is accurate, then who is he trying to entice/kid in footballing circles to invest in his latest scheme?
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #636 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 21:09:29 »

Interesting to hear that the trial of Standing's claim has been 'brought forward'.  I queried this in earlier posts.

Nothing to see here
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #637 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 21:10:58 »

If our fearless leader says he can fund the club, why did he go to the EfL for a loan?

More horseshit.

Oh he can fund the club, just not with his money.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #638 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 21:16:09 »

Interesting to hear that the trial of Standing's claim has been 'brought forward'.  I queried this in earlier posts.
Brought forward to when? I missed that.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #639 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 21:17:28 »

Don't deny that this is true and it would explain why he's so keen to sell to them and them only, but seems such a weird partnership! A widebody race horse owner and Boston real estate magnates. Makes you wonder whats in it for Power to sell to Able...

JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #640 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 21:21:21 »

The trust website says, amongst other things:-

"This hearing will also set an earlier timetable in motion for the Lee Power v Michael Standing trial, which brings forward from a date later in 2022 to an expedited one in late Summer this year."

Nothing to see here
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #641 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 21:29:53 »

Gotta love the Loathed Strangers podcast sniggering at the managerial candidates bandied about online (all of which have been suggested on the TEF at various points in time).

Nothing to see here
Crackity Jones

« Reply #642 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 21:33:54 »

I'm out now until he's gone. Might start going to watch my local non-league side until that day; protests notwithstanding
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #643 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 21:46:11 »

full trial was set June 2022.

the judge recognised that the club wouldn'tb survive that long and agreed to try and bring it forward to September.

there are no guarantees it will be. Or that the  it'll be the same judge (though he'll try)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #644 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 21:57:48 »

Gotta love the Loathed Strangers podcast sniggering at the managerial candidates bandied about online (all of which have been suggested on the TEF at various points in time).

Thanks for listening.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: