Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 527663 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 12:41:23 »

Juddie mentioned on Twitter yesterday that he knows Mr Power quite well.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 12:44:44 »

Hoping this is not the takeover / selling "bit" referred to. Not exactly mind blowing or reasons to be confident, quite the opposite.
Try and get more.......(w'kend).

Can you change your screen name to "secret squirel" ?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 12:47:33 »

I wish I could disagree!

It must be killing you.  Wink

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 13:27:59 »

Jed has to go a long long way to convince me.

I don't trust this current board at all.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 13:37:44 »

Every single member of the board are fucking wrong'uns... how we've fallen.. the club was almost perfect not along ago at all.. Paolo, Fitton, Watkins.. The list goes on!

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 14:06:57 »

Jed has to go a long long way to convince me.

I don't trust this current board at all.

Ray Hardman was vilified in the early 90's, he was in charge when we got promoted to the top table.  External competence and wealth need not equal success, and a lack of both does not equal Diamandis.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 14:07:40 »

I wish I could disagree!

So, if you've come over to the darkside Flashheart, doesn't leave a lot of Board apologists. All of which begs the question, what is to be done about it?
Flashheart

« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 14:12:18 »

So, if you've come over to the darkside Flashheart, doesn't leave a lot of Board apologists. All of which begs the question, what is to be done about it?

No Reginald.

While they may well appear to be a shifty looking bunch that does not necessarily mean they have ill intentions. It does not mean we should buy into all the conspiracy theories and unfounded rumour either, at least not until we have something of substance.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 14:25:24 »

No Reginald.

While they may well appear to be a shifty looking bunch that does not necessarily mean they have ill intentions. It does not mean we should buy into all the conspiracy theories and unfounded rumour either, at least not until we have something of substance.

I agree entirely, there is so much anti-board stuff flying around that is without substance but has become fact that I am tired of it all.

I am still waiting for someone to explain how the new board are planning to fleece us of millions when as it stands the club doesn't earn enough revenue to actually pay its bills each month, doesn't own the ground and has a playing squad where the majority of value are out of contract come the summer?

Now I am no businessman myself, but the only way I could attach ineptitude to them so far is the fact that if they were planning asset stripping and making millions they could have chosen a considerably more attractive proposition than Swindon Town Football Club.
Flashheart

« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 14:28:19 »

I agree entirely, there is so much anti-board stuff flying around that is without substance but has become fact that I am tired of it all.

I am still waiting for someone to explain how the new board are planning to fleece us of millions when as it stands the club doesn't earn enough revenue to actually pay its bills each month, doesn't own the ground and has a playing squad where the majority of value are out of contract come the summer?

Now I am no businessman myself, but the only way I could attach ineptitude to them so far is the fact that if they were planning asset stripping and making millions they could have chosen a considerably more attractive proposition than Swindon Town Football Club.

If they are planning on fleecing the club, they are either geniuses with a cunning master plan or a bunch of complete fucking idiots.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 14:33:44 »

I suppose (and I'm not suggesting this is the case) that they could just pocket all incomes, like gate receipts, prize money, TV money, transfer fees, season tickets, then disappear leaving us in administration? That's the only way I can see them milking any money whatsoever out of the club (in the guise of wages and bonuses), but I have no idea if, or even how, that could be possible. Football clubs don't generally make profit, so it's the only scam I can come up with!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 14:34:32 »

If they are planning on fleecing the club, they are either geniuses with a cunning master plan or a bunch of complete fucking idiots.

Ineptitude is just as dangerous as malign intentions....I don't think SSW had a master plan to screw the club over.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 14:38:44 »

Surely the first thing is to find out who exactly the mystery investors are, if they're still around or if they've been scared off and to obtain clarification of the role of Power, whether King is still lurking and why he is involved but not named officially and what happened with Gregory Hall.

Beyond that I'd settle for something vaguely resembling a long term plan from the board beyond holding concerts.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 14:39:16 »

I suppose (and I'm not suggesting this is the case) that they could just pocket all incomes, like gate receipts, prize money, TV money, transfer fees, season tickets, then disappear leaving us in administration? That's the only way I can see them milking any money whatsoever out of the club (in the guise of wages and bonuses), but I have no idea if, or even how, that could be possible. Football clubs don't generally make profit, so it's the only scam I can come up with!

Don't forget the gig money...
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 14:40:06 »

I am still waiting for someone to explain how the new board are planning to fleece us of millions when as it stands the club doesn't earn enough revenue to actually pay its bills each month

Unless, of course, you don't worry about paying bills…

But you're right, it's all conjecture at this point (although from the links in this thread, it is clear that not paying bills is a route at least one of these gentlemen has gone down before, and it's a route that has almost fucked this club before, so it seems to me those are grounds for legitimate concern).
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: