Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 527716 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 09:31:28 »

Dare I suggest some sort of board statement now might be a good idea, rather than the current chinese whispers that we seem to be having?

Perhaps he can't say too much about the PDC issue for legal reasons but it would be nice to have clarification.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 09:32:00 »

Although in saying that, last time we had one, they got ripped to bits because of this 1957 debt thing, so perhaps they are wary?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 09:36:06 »

Dodgy as fuck
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 09:48:01 »

There doesn't seem to be one credible, successful, reliable businessman amongst the lot of them, and they just keep adding to their number. I don't like the sound of all this.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Flashheart

« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 09:54:53 »

There doesn't seem to be one credible, successful, reliable businessman amongst the lot of them, and they just keep adding to their number.

I wish I could disagree!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 09:56:34 »

There doesn't seem to be one credible, successful, reliable businessman amongst the lot of them, and they just keep adding to their number. I don't like the sound of all this.

Agree, to say I'm worried would be an understatement!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 10:01:46 »

Think you need to understand the psychology of the businessman/chancer.

Think for them, the important thing is to have numerous deals going on...most of them will fail, but some might succeed. The laws are stacked up in your favour, so you can generally avoid personal liability, when it goes tits up.

Always on the edge when it comes to paying tax and respecting employment laws. 

Think the reason why SSW, used Diamandis, was because he realised that football was a murky world, and you needed somebody versed in the dark arts to operate in it. Jed is hinting that Power will be this man for us...the previous regime eventually used Spencer.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 10:05:45 »

Don't think he said anything about Power pulling away.

Can't see the contradiction myself.

You don't think there's an implication there in Jed trailing those two sentences one after the other: naming Power as one of the background investors, then saying some of the background investors were pulling away due to concerns about Di Canio but Power was now willing to come forward?

Considering the context in which he has finally come forward (soon after Di Canio takes the Sunderland job), and with what we've been told about the embargo saga supposedly stalling on the concerns of some background investors about putting money in with the threat of Di Canio suing hanging over the club?

Maybe I am just reading too much into it. But if he and his entourage do want to sue I don't understand what's taking them so long.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 10:09:12 »

Sam:

Seen bit of confusion regarding Lee Power this morning - he's not yet passed fit and proper person's test and is not yet on the board

https://twitter.com/SamMorshead_SA/status/324464270807015424

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 10:46:49 »

[url width=800 height=519]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/Reg__Smeeton/power_zpsacaa3a53.jpg[/url]

Not sure this is what we had in mind on that sunny spring day 6 years ago.
kerry red

« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 11:27:03 »

Of course, not having a club at all is a much better scenario.

I will see what they do in the close season before judging them.

The problem with the 'wait and see' scenario is it will probably be too late by then we would have been sucked dry.

I realise there is fuck all any of us can do anyway - apart from prepare for it
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 11:51:55 »

Perhaps he can't say too much about the PDC issue for legal reasons but it would be nice to have clarification.

He can allegedly spill it all to tans in the pub though?

Flashheart

« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 12:26:16 »

@aeg1955 original board members all currently remain. Believe Hall is no longer associated with club

Hmmm
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 12:36:10 »

Well this is a bit left field, even by our standards.  Reminiscent of Dunwoody Sports Marketing. Looks like Duke's thing isn't happening then... Sad

Hoping this is not the takeover / selling "bit" referred to. Not exactly mind blowing or reasons to be confident, quite the opposite.
Try and get more.......(w'kend).
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 12:38:42 »

Hoping this is not the takeover / selling "bit" referred to. Not exactly mind blowing or reasons to be confident, quite the opposite.
Try and get more.......(w'kend).

Good man...we need to be as vigilant as possible.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: