Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doncaster Rovers FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 39815 times)
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 15:02:19 »

One of Di Canio's best skills was his knack for the game changing substitution, and he didn't care if it was the 45th or even the 19th minute.

Seems quite a contrast to the current manager

I'll probably get slaughtered for mentioning the unmentionable, but I think it is the elephant in the room so to speak
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 15:06:47 »

Just home, that was truly awful.

And whilst its just one game, the concern is that Kev Mac didn't appear to know what to do to change it. In fact he waited until we had conceded to make the subs.

If we are going to just capitulate like that, Id rather we said fuck if & went for it hung ho & lost.

That really was the least inspiring performance since Paul Hart.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 15:08:14 »

One of Di Canio's best skills was his knack for the game changing substitution, and he didn't care if it was the 45th or even the 19th minute.

Seems quite a contrast to the current manager

I'll probably get slaughtered for mentioning the unmentionable, but I think it is the elephant in the room so to speak

Also worth noting he who shan't be named would never ever set his team up to play for a point.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 15:08:38 »

Yeovil 1-1
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 15:08:59 »

Since when are we not allowed to say Paolo Di Canio?

edit: definitely agree that he had a knack for substitutions
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 15:11:52 »

Yeovil 2-1 up
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 15:12:11 »

This is (was) our best chance to get promoted. If we don't do it this season we probably never will.

Our last two play off seasons have been followed up by huge steps backwards.

I don't expect a man of your calibre, to rewrite history....but the season after the Brighton debacle, we went to MKD with 7 games to go 3 points off a PO place...Grunt Sniff missed a last minute pen to win it, and we fell away.

It was the following season after the departure of Parkin, and a reduced budget we went down...which emphasises my point, that we'll lose players in the summer, and with a likely reduced budget, MacDonald is going to have to prove his worth to avoid the yo-yo
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 15:13:21 »

Pompey beating Trannies
DMR

« Reply #338 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 15:15:50 »

Uninspiring manager was always going to breed uninspiring football.

You can all call me a cunt but I'm right
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 15:17:21 »

I don't expect a man of your calibre, to rewrite history....but the season after the Brighton debacle, we went to MKD with 7 games to go 3 points off a PO place...Grunt Sniff missed a last minute pen to win it, and we fell away.

It was the following season after the departure of Parkin, and a reduced budget we went down...which emphasises my point, that we'll lose players in the summer, and with a likely reduced budget, MacDonald is going to have to prove his worth to avoid the yo-yo

I didn't rewrite history Reg. I claimed we went backwards. Play Off semi finalists to 12th is backwards.

...and I still don't know why Super Sam didn't take that penalty.
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 15:18:53 »

Just got back, shocking performance, as bad as I've seen since the Hart days.  I never expected us to go for the draw, certainly not after dropping points on Friday.  

Really disappointed and confused, we were crying out for subs after 60 minutes, it was obvious we were losing the midfield & we needed Ferry back in the middle, the Spurs trio didn't seem up for it & they were particularly frustrating, all of them!  Felt for Collins today as he continuously had the ball lumped to him, I don't think we won any of the headers in their half.  Ferry & Rooney ran their socks off.  Macca is a decent cm, but not a very good lb, as with the Oldham game he's becoming a liability.

We now find ourselves scrapping for a PO, not automatic unless we find some form & passion quickly that might a long shot.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 15:23:06 »

I didn't rewrite history Reg. I claimed we went backwards. Play Off semi finalists to 12th is backwards.

But not hugely backwards though...I don't know why SSP didn't either.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 15:26:03 »

And it took another 6 years to make it back to the same position, but fall at the final hurdle.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 15:32:44 »

Terrible match.  McCormack was awful and it was bloody freeeeeezing [url width=20 height=25]http://clipartist.net/RSS/openclipart.org/2012/March/SVG/Linux/tux_the_penguin_linux-999px.png[/url]

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 15:37:39 »

OHanlon off v Sheff Utd

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: