Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town's striker bid in balance but club expect embargo to be lifted by tomorrow  (Read 44898 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 22:55:40 »

This is all being fuelled by our last two visits there, I'm sure if you win at wembley it's amazing. Most of you will have experience of that when we got to the Prem but it has never happened in my lifetime.

Same (although I was 3 for the playoff final, my memory is hazy to be honest). Charlton away in the second leg semi final a few years back was an incredible experience (we won a bloody penalty shoot out!) and Wembley would top that.

I'd much, much rather go up auto though please!
Levi lapper

« Reply #256 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 22:56:54 »

The club should only sell tickets to fans who have attended at least 15 home and 5 away league fixtures as well as both home and away play-off semi finals.

They should only sell tickets to people with over 5000 posts on here.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 23:27:12 »

They should only sell tickets to people with over 5000 posts on here.
[url width=500 height=333]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Fw4BZ6O1Rrw/TIN74YA_QWI/AAAAAAAAHuE/PjegLaC3yMo/s800/fat%20computer%20geek.jpg[/url]

/jokes

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 23:49:47 »

[url width=500 height=333]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Fw4BZ6O1Rrw/TIN74YA_QWI/AAAAAAAAHuE/PjegLaC3yMo/s800/fat%20computer%20geek.jpg[/url]

I can't help but find it quite disturbing how his back seems to form into one giant all-consuming crack as if he is just a head perched upon a colossal pair of buttocks.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Thursday, March 28, 2013, 00:03:25 »

The last day of the season pitches 4 of the teams currently in the top 6 playing each other.

It's going to be a down-to-the-wire ending.

Remember Millwall away (well kind of) a few years back for the last day and previously we had something like 6 games left at the time but we all knew it would go down to the wire then and I think it's pretty much the same now. I had a massive buzz on the morning of the game and setting off at something ridiculous like 8.30am to go on the piss...fell up the stairs and just about saw our 1st goal, dreamland! I look forward to Scunthorpe...!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #260 on: Thursday, March 28, 2013, 02:00:04 »

I've said I won't go to Wembley again, but even now, with pain of losing and that god awful stadium a distant memory, I'm sure I'll end up there again if we're in the play-off final. Sad
Third time lucky and all that, maybe we'll even score this time..
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Thursday, March 28, 2013, 07:17:56 »

Going to Wembley is like going to a funeral.

You'd rather there was no need for it. You don't want to go but feel you should.

The Play Off final against Millwall was one of the worst days of my life. I went back for the JPT final mostly because I didnt care about the result - hoping I might enjoy the day more. It was a fucking terrible day...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Thursday, March 28, 2013, 07:32:06 »

I'd go. I'd be dreading every fucking minute of it but you just have to be there if we win. It's shit, shit, shit if you go there and lose but if there's even a 1% chance of winning I can't not go.

I calculate our chances at 0.99%. What do you do?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Thursday, March 28, 2013, 07:33:42 »

I had a massive buzz on the morning of the game and setting off at something ridiculous like 8.30am to go on the piss...fell up the stairs and just about saw our 1st goal, dreamland! I look forward to Scunthorpe...!

Those stairs at the New Den are bloody steep after a few pints. The perspex sides on the stand run perpendicular to the seats which is a bit of a mind fuck too when you've had a few.
fatbasher

« Reply #264 on: Thursday, March 28, 2013, 07:38:53 »

Going to Wembley is like going to a funeral.

You'd rather there was no need for it. You don't want to go but feel you should.

The Play Off final against Millwall was one of the worst days of my life. I went back for the JPT final mostly because I didnt care about the result - hoping I might enjoy the day more. It was a fucking terrible day...

That's bad enough. For me it's the thieving FA. why do you think both FA cup semi finals are played at Wembley? They have cheapened that competition starting with allowing Man U to dip out for the world club cup or what ever to smooze up to FIFA to get the WC, which backfired on them not once but twice. I am surprised the FL do not have both semi's of the league cup at Wembley too.

I'll be back next season with my ST's in the DRS. I wonder where the other 22k will be on the day of our first home fixture?

I hope we don't need the play off's. Three points tomorrow and avoid a defeat on Monday will do nicely.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Thursday, March 28, 2013, 07:46:28 »

That's bad enough. For me it's the thieving FA. why do you think both FA cup semi finals are played at Wembley? They have cheapened that competition starting with allowing Man U to dip out for the world club cup or what ever to smooze up to FIFA to get the WC, which backfired on them not once but twice. I am surprised the FL do not have both semi's of the league cup at Wembley too.

I'll be back next season with my ST's in the DRS. I wonder where the other 22k will be on the day of our first home fixture?

I hope we don't need the play off's. Three points tomorrow and avoid a defeat on Monday will do nicely.

I'd guess about:

33% will be at the County Ground
33% will not be because they pick and choose their games for various reasons
33% will not be because they never are (i.e. don't support town and were dragged along by mates or live abroad)

HTH

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Thursday, March 28, 2013, 07:51:51 »

I personally dislike the idea of having the semi finals atWembley, devalues the occasion of the final.

Should be at neutral ground of similar distance from each team.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Thursday, March 28, 2013, 08:01:02 »

I personally dislike the idea of having the semi finals atWembley, devalues the occasion of the final.

Should be at neutral ground of similar distance from each team.

I agree with you both on this one but I guess you can't blame them for wanting to use their new stadium more often given the massive overspend.

london_red

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Thursday, March 28, 2013, 08:57:05 »

Those stairs at the New Den are bloody steep after a few pints. The perspex sides on the stand run perpendicular to the seats which is a bit of a mind fuck too when you've had a few.

Not to mention the low railing at the front of the stand...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/cardiff-city/8393195/Cardiff-City-fan-very-lucky-after-falling-from-the-top-tier-at-Millwalls-New-Den-Stadium.html
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Thursday, March 28, 2013, 10:48:01 »

You don't want to go but feel you should.

This is it, its like an obligation you would feel you to have meet.

I told myself at the JPT i'd never go back after being surrounded by daytrippers calling players by their numbers as they didn't know their names.

It's bollocks though i'll be there like a shot, only difference is i wont be excited about it.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: