Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: McCrory reacts to report Di Canio set to sue club  (Read 9931 times)
News Monkey

« on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 01:00:08 »

McCrory reacts to report Di Canio set to sue club

SWINDON Town chairman Jed McCrory has said he would be “disappointed” if a report former manager Paolo Di Canio is considering suing the club for breach of contract are true.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/10260304.McCrory_reacts_to_report_Di_Canio_set_to_sue_club/?ref=rss

Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 01:08:29 »

Oh FFS. Let it go.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 01:10:25 »

I'm your biggest fan Paolo, but do you really want to drag us through this, really?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 01:33:04 »

The Sun article is about the appointment of MacDonald but has this tagged on to the bottom:

"But McCrory faces more problems with Di Canio, who quit 11 days ago, now suing the club.
The Italian claims the January sale of Matt Ritchie to Bournemouth against his wishes was a breach of contract."
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4818457/MacDonald-replaces-Di-Canio-at-Swindon-after-Wright-call.html

Honestly, this could just be another in a long line of bullshit "stories" the nationals have printed about us lately... just plausible enough but ultimately lacking substance.
china red

« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 06:27:10 »

When Di Canio use the word 'untenable' in his pre resignation speech I knew he would probably try to sue us,  shame if he does and would probably then go down as a cunt in our memories.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 06:57:04 »

Well done Paolo you absolute cunt.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 06:57:37 »

His could be interesting... Any employment lawyers on TEF who can give an insight?

As I see it his 'employer' was Black's holding company and Swindon Town FC is merely the brand name for the holding company (I assume).

Can Anyone clarify?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 07:01:24 »

I'm stunned.  Seriously.  What does a man of his means and wealth need to do this for?  After all of the success that he had with us...he'll just ruin his legacy in the eyes of the fans with this.  It's so sad.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 07:04:20 »

Well Paolo if you do go ahead and sue the club,you will probably guarantee that no football club chairman in this country
will touch you with a barge pole.You certainly won't impress Gold,Sullivan and Brady at West Ham.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Flashheart

« Reply #9 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 07:09:57 »

I've not had much to say about PDC since he left, I liked him. I have something to say now:

Paolo, fuck right off you proper, proper cunt.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 07:13:06 »

His original pre Crawley statement used the words "breach of contract", so legal action has always been an option

He's obviously bitter about things, and I can understand that. Heck, technically he could be right, but what's he trying to achieve and who is he trying to hurt here?

That said, this was down to another fuck up by Black and co too. You make a contract, you can't go ignoring bits of it. Wonder if there is money in escrow for Black induced liabilities...
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 07:19:56 »

Take it up with Black Paolo, see you in court!

fatbasher

« Reply #12 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 07:22:43 »

Well Paolo if you do go ahead and sue the club,you will probably guarantee that no football club chairman in this country
will touch you with a barge pole.You certainly won't impress Gold,Sullivan and Brady at West Ham.
My thoughts exactly. Like is anyone surprised by this turn of possible events?
Flashheart

« Reply #13 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 07:25:07 »

This is definitely not going to help his future job prospects either.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 07:26:34 »

If he goes ahead and do this he would seriously undermine his managerial propsects. Chairmen are wary now - let alone after a claim about selling a player.

Legally, it'll turn on the facts and we have very little information to hand. He has two potential claims - so I am told. From an employment law perspective, he could claim constructive unfair dismissal, which is capped at £72k. He could also put in a civil damages claim for the remainder of his lost wages, which isn't capped. He would need to show that he has mitigated his loss (i.e. looked for other work etc) and that his loss was foreseeable and directly caused by the breach. We just don't know if this is the casewithout more information.

There's no point going into the technicalities of it without the full facts, mainly because I don't think he'd be stupid enough to go through with it and also because I'm no litigator and it makes my brain hurt at this time in the morning.

Edit: It's also worth pointing out that the liability for any claim is likely to fall on Black. It would be very unusual for a sale and purchase agreement not to include a term passing liability for pre-transfer claims to the seller.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: