Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: McCrory reacts to report Di Canio set to sue club  (Read 9878 times)
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 07:30:14 »

I've not had much to say about PDC since he left, I liked him. I have something to say now:

Paolo, fuck right off you proper, proper cunt.

Yes
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 07:31:07 »

outrageous! when you think of all fire fighting and shit sweeping the old board had to do behind paolo?! I hope the mother of all smear campaigns rains down on his head. i'd start by getting tehui in for a nice chat.

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 07:32:44 »

The way this has all ended, I lean towards expecting it to be true.

If he goes ahead with it then he and Alan Curbishley can sit in the managers retirement home and compare sob stories.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 07:32:44 »

I'd question whether it's really Di Canio who's suing for breach of contract, or whether he's been 'advised' to by his agent.

Like Ardiles said, PdC doesn't really need the money. Phil Spencer on the other hand...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 07:32:57 »

This is hardly going going to make him more attractive to prospective employers, maybe Phil will talk some sense into him.

Edit: Maybe it's Spencer who is behind it. Who the fuck knows?
« Last Edit: Friday, March 1, 2013, 07:36:33 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #20 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 07:41:45 »

He should ask Alan Curbishley how it worked for his career prospects.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 07:43:31 »

Maybe it was our once glorious leader trying to wipe us out because he can?

Perhaps it's a nothing story.

I can't see why his advisors would say this was a good idea unless he has zero interest in managing elsewhere in England.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #22 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 08:02:03 »

Where's that 'We Want Our Paolo Back" petition now? If this is true, PDC goes from hero and saviour to pantomime villian in one fell swoop.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 08:11:55 »

I'd question whether it's really Di Canio who's suing for breach of contract, or whether he's been 'advised' to by his agent.

Like Ardiles said, PdC doesn't really need the money. Phil Spencer on the other hand...

I've always been suspicious of the "badly advised" line. It suggests that these people are in someway mentally incompetent and unable to make their own decisions.

Whilst there are some footballers for whom this might have a bit of truth in it PDC doesn't strike me as one of them. He's a man that always seems to know his own mind, even if that mind is slightly cracked.

I can't imagine anyone telling him what to do.

..never go back.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 08:18:44 »

At this stage it is only a paragraph in The Sun. On that basis I'll continue to give Paolo the benefit of the doubt.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 08:19:25 »

Paolo Di Canio, Razor Ruddock.  There.  I've just mentioned those two in the same breath.  Never thought that would happen.
fatbasher

« Reply #26 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 08:20:19 »

Paolo Di Canio, Razor Ruddock.  There.  I've just mentioned those two in the same breath.  Never thought that would happen.
Didn't Ince try it on as well?
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 08:30:16 »

With his mentioning in his prepared statements to the Adver of 'breach of contract' and things being 'in the hands of his legal representatives' this isn't a huge surprise.

Disheartening as fuck though, the people he seemed to have the issue with are no longer at the club. The only people this would serve to hurt from his tenure are the players and the fans - the two sets of people he professed to have such respect and affection for.

Paolo, I am disappoint.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 08:30:29 »

outrageous! when you think of all fire fighting and shit sweeping the old board had to do behind paolo?! I hope the mother of all smear campaigns rains down on his head. i

Maybe it already has, negative PDC stories in the Mail and Mirror (Samuel, picturegate, etc). Maybe this is another one that is of limited substance.

If this is a true story, Black and his board just as culpable in this. They left the legal route  door open by not sticking to what was contractually agreed (assuming the worst case of Paolo being legally right).
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 08:33:39 »

Disheartening as fuck though, the people he seemed to have the issue with are no longer at the club. The only people this would serve to hurt from his tenure are the players and the fans

Well, that depends who is legally bound to pick up the legal bill and damages should he win any case. It could also hurt the new owners, equally it could be all Blacks mess to sort out.  Depending on the terms of club sale.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: