Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kevin MacDonald  (Read 33985 times)
kerry red

« Reply #210 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 12:43:18 »

So you're saying we're being run by the likes of us!!!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 12:45:25 »

I do agree with a lot of that, but there's one point that has been getting on my nerves a bit that your post reminded me of...and that's the idea that Jed has saved the Club from oblivion.  I just don't buy it.

We were told that 6 or 7 separate interested parties who were looking to buy the Club from Andrew Black.  Of these, we are told that only Jed & Co were prepared to accept Andrew Black's deadline, meaning that it was Jed or nothing.

BUT, the timetable point really feels like nothing more than a bargaining ploy to me.  Put it another way: would Andrew Black on the one hand offer personally to write of approx £10m of the Club's debt and, on the other, be prepared to see the Club go in to Admin simply because an arbitrary deadline, set by him, could not be met?  The two do not go together.

If Jed McCrory had never appeared, one of the other interested parties would have done a deal.  They may have taken a week or two longer to do that deal than Jed McCrory did, but they would have got it done.  Why?  Because from Andrew Black's point of view, a sale - even if it was going to take a little longer - would have represented a far cleaner exit route than Administration.

So I very much doubt that Jed has 'saved the Club'.  (Not to say, despite still having reservations, that I don't want it to work out for him and the new board.)  He has provided a way forward for the Club in the short to medium term, certainly.  But there would have been other ways forward also.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 12:47:03 »

PS  None of which has anything to do with Kevin MacDonald.  Apologies for moving off on a tangent.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 12:49:39 »

Is the press conference on the radio, or will Sue fatty Davis be talking about the importance of compost?

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 12:51:43 »

Is the press conference on the radio, or will Sue fatty Davis be talking about the importance of compost?

Someone asked Sam if Sky Sports where broadcasting it he replied,

@g2vdunn can't imagine will be live. May have snippets. Best places for coverage - Adver website and @BBCWiltshire who are broadcasting live

So I assume they are.
Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 12:53:43 »

Someone asked Sam if Sky Sports where broadcasting it he replied,

@g2vdunn can't imagine will be live. May have snippets. Best places for coverage - Adver website and @BBCWiltshire who are broadcasting live

So I assume they are.

Okay, thanks. Let's hope they broadcast the whole thing this time.

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 12:54:17 »

Black said most if not all of the other interested parties only wanted to buy the club out of administration. Which makes me wonder if some debt has been left with the club, maybe the debt owed to him by the club and not via the holding company.

My impression was that administration was only ever a threat to get Fitton to write off his loan and so make the sale quicker and easier. I struggle to see how it was ever a realistic option as with the sale of Ritche and potentially season ticket money they could have made it through to the end of the season.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 12:58:25 »

Presser may be delayed a few mins as Kev makes his way back from training having also watched the yoofs training this morning!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 12:58:53 »

We dont actually know if the club has been left with any debt or if it is totally debt free, sometihng else that needs to be answered
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 13:00:49 »

Scrap that .... Presser under way!
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 13:02:59 »

Not even sure a plastic pitch would be that bad. Apparently they're a lot better nowadays and the authorities are slowly starting to swing in favour of them. Wouldn't be the same though no matter how good they are.

Getting on for half of Premiereship clubs have a mixed grass and artificial fibre pitch anyway (Grassmaster?). I think its only about 5% of the pitch, it's like having a hair weave for football pitches.

..never go back.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 13:06:38 »

Black said most if not all of the other interested parties only wanted to buy the club out of administration. Which makes me wonder if some debt has been left with the club, maybe the debt owed to him by the club and not via the holding company.

My impression was that administration was only ever a threat to get Fitton to write off his loan and so make the sale quicker and easier. I struggle to see how it was ever a realistic option as with the sale of Ritche and potentially season ticket money they could have made it through to the end of the season.
I think Black said that the only debt was the debt secured on the ground lease,  iirc it was about £1.7million owed to Black & Arbib.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 13:07:07 »

Big Jed wants to build an under 21 team
Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 13:10:32 »

Stayed with it past the Chris Wise questions. Fair play BBC Wilts.

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 13:12:28 »

Not for long...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: