Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PAOLO DI CANIO TO RETURN PETITION!  (Read 61828 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #135 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 08:33:19 »

No. Bottling cunt.
DMR

« Reply #136 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 11:17:00 »

I didn't say he was a liar.

FWIW I think the truth is probably somewhere in between what both parties are saying, so neither are lying, just have completely crossed wires.

This.

There's 3 sides to every story. Aggrieved party A, aggrieved party B, and what actually happened.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 14:55:45 »

A non-TEF friend just sent me his take on the PdC era. I think he's got it in a nutshell:

Having PdC as manager is like filling your kids up with coca cola and sweets. It can be entertaining (if a little tiresome) watching them manically running around bouncing off the walls, but we know that this is not good for anyone beyond the immediate future.

Grin

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 14:59:44 »

As some have said if he wanted to return and the players allowed it then he'll come back.

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see any of the players commenting on Paolo going, definitely nothing of the "he's a really great boss, we wanted him to stay, we're gonna miss him" type comments you normally get when a well liked manager leaves.

Been a few somewhat negative comments coming out from the players though.

Again, maybe I'm wrong but I get the impression they're kind of relieved he's gone but are being diplomatic about it.
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 15:04:29 »

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see any of the players commenting on Paolo going, definitely nothing of the "he's a really great boss, we wanted him to stay, we're gonna miss him" type comments you normally get when a well liked manager leaves.

Again, maybe I'm wrong but I get the impression they're kind of relieved he's gone but are being diplomatic about it.
[/quote

If Paolo comes back because the players let him , then it's really not going to work again (that's in reply to TheMAJOR ) .

To say the players have been negative is abit  OTT , I imagine Alan Mc might take issue but didnt Tommy Miller say he had been in contact with him right up to kick-off against PNE and Paola had been advising him over previous days ?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 15:08:51 by GoSWINDON » Logged

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 15:36:48 »

A non-TEF friend just sent me his take on the PdC era. I think he's got it in a nutshell:

Grin

....he hasn't because at no point did it mention winning.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 15:39:05 »

Players are all busy having a pre match warm up with Jed at the Pig On the Hill  Pint
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 15:49:42 »

....he hasn't because at no point did it mention winning.

I think he meant the bit about entertaining to include the winning. Don't worry if you didn't get it. He won't be upset.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 15:52:51 »

If the players are relieved that the "pressure's off" then I'm not sure that's a good thing. Hopefully the players can look back on his time and realise it was that relentless drive for perfection in every aspect of their preparation that has delivered the club from League Two to the pinnacle of League One. If they can remain disciplined and committed to that work ethic they have a chance of getting themselves over the line this season, which would be fantastic. I would actually love to see the players self-govern themselves to promotion, so they can take all the credit, but if they start to think "Paolo's not here to bollock us, we can relax" then we'll need a manager (and a good one) quick-smart.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 16:02:51 »

Winning never becomes tiresome.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #145 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 16:10:21 »

Wasn't there a thread on here towards the end of last season where somebody actually stated they were bored with us keep winning games 1-0 and 2-1? don't remember who it was but I would happily keep winning games in a boring way!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 16:12:42 »

If the players are relieved that the "pressure's off" then I'm not sure that's a good thing. Hopefully the players can look back on his time and realise it was that relentless drive for perfection in every aspect of their preparation that has delivered the club from League Two to the pinnacle of League One. If they can remain disciplined and committed to that work ethic they have a chance of getting themselves over the line this season, which would be fantastic. I would actually love to see the players self-govern themselves to promotion, so they can take all the credit, but if they start to think "Paolo's not here to bollock us, we can relax" then we'll need a manager (and a good one) quick-smart.

There is enough experience in the squad to make sure standards don't drop, I would imagine they want to ditch the whole "Paolo Di Canio's Swindon Town" and prove its about the players on the pitch not manager who got us challenging for the top 2.

There absolutely no reason for a drop in performance because someone different is giving the pre game team talk
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 16:15:42 »

losing does though, eh?
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 16:18:39 »

I think He's probably fucked off to Italy anyway. The only way he could come back now would be with an apology to the fans and mcCormack, a pay cut, and a swindon tattoo on his forehead. Ciao Paolo.

Why would he need to apologise to McCormack?

A player sent home from training for being ill and then jumping onto a golf course a few hours later then not coming in for training the next day.

Don't believe everything you read.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #149 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 16:18:47 »

Nail, head, hit.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: