Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Better late than never  (Read 14162 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 13:28:35 »

Trust has to be gained.

At the moment I would trust this new lot about as much as Harold Shipman looking after me granny
thank you for proving my point Smiley
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 13:45:57 »

Indeed there's a lot of positioning for the 'I told you so' role going on at the moment.

Isn't that what you're doing?   Wink
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 13:49:18 »

Quite so. But there's a nagging voice at the back of my head saying this is all very reminiscent of when that other consortium fronted by a bloke with no money but a nice line in affable chat took over in 2001. Right down to the "well, look at the alternative" takeover PR. I hope we're not going to spend the next five years stagnating our way to oblivion with a retread Bob Holt trotting out his "When I got back from Brentford ... padlocks on the gates ... be grateful for what you've got ...." party piece every time someone dares to suggest things could be better. Let's hope not, hopefully the start of a bright and ambitious future

I'm going to end up spending entire nights researching company and director backgrounds aren't I?
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 13:50:12 »

With the current squad of players we have we should be able to achieve promotion with any half-decent manager. Then hold our own in the Championship with a couple of decent additions. Increased TV revenue and higher attendances should hopefully cover the higher wages of players. Therefore, there's no reason why we can't be successful and sustainable. 

The alternative to this buy-out just doesn't bare thinking about. I think all we are saying is give Jez a chance  Smiley

Cats are better than dogs FACT
kerry red

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 13:52:23 »

But we must still be losing £250,000 per month. Who's going to pick up that tab
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 13:53:58 »

Isn't that what you're doing?   Wink

No I'm optimistic which in my case is a once ibn a life time experience, so if it all does well obviously I told you so!  Cool
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 13:54:41 »

Ultimately I think we have got to prepare for a tightening of the purse strings for the simple reason that the model that the old owners pursued for the majority of their reign was totally unsustainable. In some ways we have dodged a bullet here by Black writing the debt off, as without that we were heading rapidly towards Portsmouth territory on a smaller scale, but probably proportional to our size.

I do fear that many have already made their minds up and if the owners don't start splashing cash and appointing a high profile manager the moaning will commence, we have been spoilt.

Interesting few days coming up, if only for hopefully some news from people like Fittton et al who may be able to shed some light on the last few months.

Also Jedders suggested he wanted to engage with the fans, didn't the last lot promise this on arrival and it never happened?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 13:55:33 »

I'm going to end up spending entire nights researching company and director backgrounds aren't I?

You mean you've not started? FFS! Wink

Let's hope not, eh?
kerry red

« Reply #38 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 13:57:31 »

I dont think any sane Town fan expects the cash to start flying again - but I dread the usual spiel coming out preceding a fire sale of our playing assets
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 14:00:45 »

Couple of small whinges and then back to work.

This has been going on for what feels like weeks yet these is still nothing on the offical site, you would have thought they would have had time to draft something for release when required.

Why no presser with the new board till next week (accordng to Morshead on Twatter?)
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 14:02:29 »

I dont think any sane Town fan

don't think there are any

I come from a land down-under
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 14:03:09 »

Couple of small whinges and then back to work.

This has been going on for what feels like weeks yet these is still nothing on the offical site, you would have thought they would have had time to draft something for release when required.

Why no presser with the new board till next week (accordng to Morshead on twitter?)
Maybe some of them are away etc?
nickhaw

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 14:05:51 »

I presume this means we could get some loaners in... Now.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 14:06:11 »

Maybe some of them are away etc?

How the hell can they go away, they have no money!!
kerry red

« Reply #44 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 14:07:02 »

Thursday is signing on day
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: