Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Better late than never  (Read 14033 times)
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 15:27:13 »

League Two champions last season, top of League One this... is it actually possible to do a better job than that?

Perhaps people are just trying to convince themselves, but there has been some serious underestimating of the job Di Canio has done here these last couple of days.

Agreed
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 15:33:01 »

From what I have read on the subject, the new owners have saved us from a potentially awful fate and have prevented the loss of five or six other Matt Richie's.  Jed seems to have nothing to hide on Twitter, and I think the board have shown ambition in buying a club like Swindon Town.  Okay, Manchester City we ain't, but we're a club which has had a successful couple of years and we do have a "rich" Premier League history!!

I think anyone who knocks the new owners at this stage is deluded and short-sighted.  I think it's wait and see time, but it sounds like they've made the best of a fucking bad job by the previous board by letting us into that state.  That said, had we not spent the money, would we sitting top - yes, top - of League One?

My feeling is, whilst di Canio has been a fantastic manager for Swindon Town, the manager hasn't hauled us up to where we are in the league, the players have.  The new board have managed to keep the nucleus of that squad together and it showed on Tuesday night when we battered the former league leaders at their manor.

Of course, if a Maurice Malpas or Paul Hart is appointed tomorrow, I may change my tune, but I think the future is still looking pretty bright.  I loved di Canio, I was gutted to see him leave, and I'd take him back in an instant, but I can't help feeling a Nigel Adkins or Glen Hoddle would do a better job.  They also might sign less Atiku's than PdC....

A lot of sense there Walrus, but I don't agree about Di Canio. I do think he was a major influence on us getting to the top of the league and I feel certain that one day he will manage at the very highest level (with some spectacular bust ups along the way). But now we move on, right now I'm grateful to the new guys and cautiously optimistic for the future.

The last 18 moths feels like one of those mental lost weekends where you don't expect much at the start but then everything comes together, it's a total blast and you smile at the memories for years after. The past week has felt like the following Monday morning. But, as they say, don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 15:42:09 by Huwwy » Logged
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 15:39:49 »

League Two champions last season, top of League One this... is it actually possible to do a better job than that?

Don't forget a Wembley final, and by my rough estimate knocking out 67 teams from higher divisions in various cups.

Not happy with the way his tenure has ended and feel like he's contradicted some of the personality traits he claimed to value so highly - but that doesn't change the fact it's been one of the best 18 months on the pitch in terms of success and aesthetics that I can remember.

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 15:43:19 »

Don't forget a Wembley final, and by my rough estimate knocking out 67 teams from higher divisions in various cups.

Not happy with the way his tenure has ended and feel like he's contradicted some of the personality traits he claimed to value so highly - but that doesn't change the fact it's been one of the best 18 months on the pitch in terms of success and aesthetics that I can remember.

Not sure it was that many LR  Smiley

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Flashheart

« Reply #64 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 15:47:57 »

Callum Rice.... get googling people
Flashheart

« Reply #65 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 15:48:32 »

Seebeck 87
lambourn red

« Reply #66 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 15:49:05 »

http://www.cdrex.com/seebeck-87-limited-8597134.html
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 15:52:45 »

Nick Wtakins is being retained .... I like this!
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 15:55:04 »

http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/seebeck-87

Capital: £1

I wonder what they're planning to spend all that on? Smiley
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 15:56:17 »

Callum Rice.... get googling people

Only listed as a Director in the new holding company and the company who own this place

http://www.theangelhotelbourne.com/
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 15:56:37 »

http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/seebeck-87

Capital: £1

I wonder what they're planning to spend all that on? Smiley

Renaming Di Canio's Deli
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 15:57:25 »

That is exceedingly good news.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 15:57:52 »

Brilliant news!

#VivaKenBarlow!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 15:58:03 »

This alone gives me considerably more grounds for optimism than I had this morning, is this pukka? Where is this being quoted?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 15:59:03 »

Callum Dermot Rice.  British citizen, living in Dunstable.  (These Luton connections won't go away.)  Postcode on one of the Director check sites is given as LU6 1BP, which is Barrie Avenue, Dunstable...which looks like this.

Very average looking suburban street.  Assuming he lives there, I'm hoping he's not the money man.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: