Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town confirm Digby as goalkeeping coach  (Read 8807 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 21:31:28 »

Yet, wasn't it you (it might not have been) in other thread questioning why people want ex players as managers...
You are quite correct. It wasn't me.

With regards to ex-players as managers - my view is judge them on their ability, nothing more, nothing less. Don't employ them because they are an ex player, equally don't not employ them because they are an ex player. It should not be a deciding factor.

With regards to Digby, I really don't think there is anyone better to be coaching Wes right now (and the other lad). The fact that he is local (fairly cheap probably) and a Town legend is a bonus.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #46 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 21:34:25 »

Downsborough, Digby, Wes in that order. Wes could yet move up. If Brez hadn't broken his arm and we didn't have that useless cunt Granville? as goalkeeping coach.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 21:37:17 »

Downsborough, Digby, Wes in that order. Wes could yet move up. If Brez hadn't broken his arm and we didn't have that useless cunt Granville? as goalkeeping coach.
Downsborough was a bit before my time but by all accounts he was pretty impressive Yes
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #48 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 21:42:51 »

Came back in 78 with Bradford. we fucked all over them and lost 1-0 thanks to Mr Downsborough. the TE chanted his name all game and chaired him off the pitch at the end of the game.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 23:48:25 »

Fraser was brilliant, and I wouldn't go as far as saying his kicking was poor, but it definitely wasn't above average!  Other than that he was fantastic.
That's true. Nicky Hammond's was worse!

Digby was a brilliant keeper though. Don't know why he didn't get more plaudits.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 00:01:37 »

Given was the best talent, Digby the best performer, Wes could be better than Digby if he stays but don't think he has what Given clearly had

Height was the only thing Given lacked! I really think Wes could play for England one day, but yes he's young and still learning.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 00:05:35 »

Height was the only thing Given lacked! I really think Wes could play for England one day, but yes he's young and still learning.
I don't really even count Given. What was it, 6 games on loan? Yes he did well, of course he did but I don't think he comes into the conversation really.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 00:19:26 »

That's true. Nicky Hammond's was worse!

Digby was a brilliant keeper though. Don't know why he didn't get more plaudits.
I was lucky enough to spend a bit of time with Fraser and his family whilst he was playing for us and although his wife was as daft as a brush he unlike lots of other players seemed pretty switched on. i Remember when he was dropped for a game or two and the fans chanting his name in a mini revolt which he really enjoyed. Glad he's back if only temporary and if we can stay up there at the top and he plays a part, it will be quite fitting for him.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 22, 2013, 01:02:22 by Notts red » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: