Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Takeover set for completion a day too late for Paolo  (Read 19353 times)
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 13:56:28 »

This isn't aimed at you but I do find there is a certain irony in posts criticising the lack evidence behind reporting, using the term I suspect.

Oh, I know, I have even less to pin my speculation on than the Adver does!

But the paper is clearly not getting its information from the Football League, which leaves either the old board or the new board. And I hardly expect the departing Patey to be supplying them with daily updates considering he couldn't be bothered to communicate with the media - or even his own manager - when he was active in his position as chairman.

I guess I'm just firmly in the 'I'll believe it when I see it' camp where anything to do with this new lot is concerned.
kerry red

« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 14:07:12 »

Given the speed of the Ritchie deal, I doubt the consortium would have been able to get the funds to the club/A Black within that short time-frame.

Whether the new owners were really consulted or not is probably up for debate too. Who put the entire team up for sale prior to that? I doubt it was the consortium.

The theory (which I’ve seen a few times) that the entering consortium wanted to cut costs immediately and run the club on a show-string budget doesn’t seem logical to me:

a) Who would plough a vast amount of money into a loss making company and expect it to break-even overnight? It is unrealistic.
b) It could jeopardise promotion to a division which would bring in more money, we’re entering the final stage of the season and we’re right up there.
c) They sanctioned loan deals after Ritchie’s departure (potentially incurring more costs).
d) A consortium that tight on funds wouldn’t be interested in buying us.

All theory and speculation, but my hunch is Black gave the consortium an ultimatum. Let me sell Ritchie or the deal is off.

I was under the impression Black sold the club for £1 and wiped X amount off the amount he was owed - obviously just to get the club off his back.

I suppose the consortium have at least enough funds to keep the club going - but that may well be by selling our playing assets, getting rid of a high earning manager and backroom staff and replacing them with cheap, usually useless, alternatives.

They award themselves high salaries various other perks and they get to pocket a heap of wonga, club goes into a nosedive, they fuck off and everyone's a winner.

Except us long suffering fans, of course.

These people have no intention of pushing the club forward - it's just a way of making money for them.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 15:16:33 »

Going back to the original headline...still nothing confirmed on the ratification of the takeover today!

#VivaKenBarlow!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 15:18:00 »

Going back to the original headline...still nothing confirmed on the ratification of the takeover today!

I'm sure someone 'understands' it will happen today though.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 15:18:52 »

I was under the impression Black sold the club for £1 and wiped X amount off the amount he was owed - obviously just to get the club off his back.

I suppose the consortium have at least enough funds to keep the club going - but that may well be by selling our playing assets, getting rid of a high earning manager and backroom staff and replacing them with cheap, usually useless, alternatives.

They award themselves high salaries various other perks and they get to pocket a heap of wonga, club goes into a nosedive, they fuck off and everyone's a winner.

Except us long suffering fans, of course.

These people have no intention of pushing the club forward - it's just a way of making money for them.

Where does it say they have bought the club for a quid? If that was the case, why did it take so long? Why were the local consortium preferred? Doesn't seem right to me. The rest of your post is purely conjecture at this stage (just like my previous post I would add).

My point being, without wishing to sound all 'Maverick' is we need to wait and see what the details are before we can even speculate on the rest. Some people are already talking protests but wouldn't have a clue what they were really protesting about.

fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 15:21:03 »

Morshead on Talkshit soon
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 15:21:10 »

KR has gone loopy
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 15:22:03 »

Some people are already talking protests but wouldn't have a clue what they were really protesting about.

I think people are understandably upset. We've gone from looking as stable on and off the pitch as we have for a long time to (briefly) leader-less in the boardroom and the dugout.

Fans are going to want to lash out and blame someone for the sudden change in situation, part of the vitriol and arguments we've seen recently are in large part due to people - as you rightly say - not really knowing who or what it is they are supposed to be angry at.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 15:25:07 »

I'm sure someone 'understands' it will happen today though.

My ability to give a shit is rapidly declining.

(Note to self: eat more fibre.)
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 15:25:17 »

No Takeover today Morshead has just revealed!
pvsmark

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 15:25:33 »

Takeover delayed for another day!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 15:27:11 »

I think people are understandably upset. We've gone from looking as stable on and off the pitch as we have for a long time to (briefly) leader-less in the boardroom and the dugout.

Fans are going to want to lash out and blame someone for the sudden change in situation, part of the vitriol and arguments we've seen recently are in large part due to people - as you rightly say - not really knowing who or what it is they are supposed to be angry at.

I think it’s good that people are concerned with who is coming in. I remember myself and PaulD spending entire evenings, usually until the early hours, digging up stuff on BEST Holdings, particularly John Little (as did others I’m sure).

A lot of people were just rejoicing the new saviours however. Thankfully the deal didn’t go through.

There's a lot of conjecture floating around and it isn't helping anyone. I'm struggling to keep up with fact and fiction.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 15:31:46 »

No Takeover today Morshead has just revealed!

Im past caring now
nochee

« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 15:32:04 »

Takeover delayed for another day!
FML  Crash
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 15:33:44 »

Maybe there is no takeover...it's all just an optical illusion!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: