Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Takeover set for completion a day too late for Paolo  (Read 19354 times)
kaufman

« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:44:17 »

If people only want to deal with facts then they are as follows. The owner decides to end any funding which then sees the clubs best player sold to a rival team at a cut price to cover bills.That sale was made without the managers consent or knowledge. We've not won since and the manager has quit. That's not even mentioning a faceless new board in waiting we know little about. It's a fucking joke.

Get your point but we did beat colchester.

wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:45:12 »

Will they now want to re-negotiate the price, as they are now buying a club without Paolo?
Back into teh melting pot for a few more days/weeks?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:47:48 »

If people only want to deal with facts then they are as follows. The owner decides to end any funding which then sees the clubs best player sold to a rival team at a cut price to cover bills.That sale was made without the managers consent or knowledge. We've not won since and the manager has quit. That's not even mentioning a faceless new board in waiting we know little about. It's a fucking joke.
you've been supporting STFC a lot longer than me, you've seen the club come through far worse times - this is just all happening very suddenly in a short period of time and is very amateur hour.

we will triumph.
Loobug

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:51:51 »

Do people actually think this is going to happen today (takeover)? I have my doubts, only based on how quiet everything remains at present.
Flashheart

« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:55:27 »

Do people actually think this is going to happen today (takeover)? I have my doubts, only based on how quiet everything remains at present.

Maybe, maybe no.

I hope that helps.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:56:51 »

Maybe, maybe no.

I hope that helps.

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, I ain't saying.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:59:15 »

[url width=600 height=414]http://www.netanimations.net/11544.gif[/url]
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 13:00:24 »

absolutely.

likewise, it's not fair to blame Black. the money was there but Paolo demanded it earlier in the season. i've even seen people on Twitter blaming the Adver/Sam Morshead for misreporting events.

Exactly - I have been the first to criticise Morshead in the pas although he has handled the sale really wellt, but the stick certain people were giving him last night on here was bizarre especially as I suspect he knows (but possibly cannot report) a considerable more than anyone on here.

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 13:02:20 »

Get your point but we did beat colchester.

you're right but my rant still stands barring that one result.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 13:02:55 »

It would not be beyond reason to think they needed the cash to tide us over until the end of the season, at which point new investment or re-evaluation of the playing budget made. Or as above the sale was not 100% certain when the call to sell was made.

It mystifies me why PDC only found out from Ritchie himself though (assuming that version of events is accurate).

One thing that played on my mind previously, what day did the Ritchie deal go through?

I thought it was deadline day (i.e. the Thursday), but when he was interviewed on FiveLive he kept banging on about it being the Wednesday?

I may have just got confised, but it struck me as odd at the time?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 13:04:30 »

One thing that played on my mind previously, what day did the Ritchie deal go through?

I thought it was deadline day (i.e. the Thursday), but when he was interviewed on FiveLive he kept banging on about it being the Wednesday?

I may have just got confised, but it struck me as odd at the time?

Nah it was on the Wednesday.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 13:06:05 »

Nah it was on the Wednesday.

OK, I'm not going mad then!
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 13:13:10 »

No, I'm not even convinced it will happen at all.

When the Adver reports that it "understands" the deal will be ratified "tomorrow", "in the next few days" or "by the end of the week", I suspect it is merely repeating what it has been told by 'Jed'. After all, every single one of these timeframes has proven false thus far.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 13:17:40 »

No, I'm not even convinced it will happen at all.

When the Adver reports that it "understands" the deal will be ratified "tomorrow", "in the next few days" or "by the end of the week", I suspect it is merely repeating what it has been told by 'Jed'. After all, every single one of these timeframes has proven false thus far.

This isn't aimed at you but I do find there is a certain irony in posts criticising the lack evidence behind reporting, using the term I suspect.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 13:23:30 »

Given the speed of the Ritchie deal, I doubt the consortium would have been able to get the funds to the club/A Black within that short time-frame.

Whether the new owners were really consulted or not is probably up for debate too. Who put the entire team up for sale prior to that? I doubt it was the consortium.

The theory (which I’ve seen a few times) that the entering consortium wanted to cut costs immediately and run the club on a show-string budget doesn’t seem logical to me:

a) Who would plough a vast amount of money into a loss making company and expect it to break-even overnight? It is unrealistic.
b) It could jeopardise promotion to a division which would bring in more money, we’re entering the final stage of the season and we’re right up there.
c) They sanctioned loan deals after Ritchie’s departure (potentially incurring more costs).
d) A consortium that tight on funds wouldn’t be interested in buying us.

All theory and speculation, but my hunch is Black gave the consortium an ultimatum. Let me sell Ritchie or the deal is off.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: