Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Takeover set for completion a day too late for Paolo  (Read 19396 times)
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:27:14 »

Batch mate, you want to take an internet holiday for a day or two. You are seriously going to end up in an early grave.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:28:22 »

But Black had already stated NO more money hence the threat of Admin and the new Potential owners were as it said Potential , until the FL give the green light they are rightly not going to put a penny in. There are so many questions with so few answers at the moment but the one thing I think we need to acknowledge is that the new consortium cannot be blamed for anything until they actually takeover officially.

absolutely.

likewise, it's not fair to blame Black. the money was there but Paolo demanded it earlier in the season. i've even seen people on Twitter blaming the Adver/Sam Morshead for misreporting events.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:28:45 »

Is is an unarguable fact that Richie was sold.

If the new owners are going to stump up loads of cash and the takeover is going to go through imminently the sale would have been pointless. Therefore the fact that it happened means that one or both of those premisses must be false.

It would not be beyond reason to think they needed the cash to tide us over until the end of the season, at which point new investment or re-evaluation of the playing budget made. Or as above the sale was not 100% certain when the call to sell was made.

It mystifies me why PDC only found out from Ritchie himself though (assuming that version of events is accurate).
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:29:37 »

Batch mate, you want to take an internet holiday for a day or two. You are seriously going to end up in an early grave.

Sometimes you need to let it out. A meltdown is good.

I'm absolutely fine now, my collection of singing potatoes agree.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:30:55 »

It mystifies me why PDC only found out from Ritchie himself though (assuming that version of events is accurate).
Paolo has stated himself that communication between him and the board had been non-existent for quite sometime so not sure it's so mystifying!

no doubt that was a massive fuck-up on behalf of Black though - totally uncalled for given Ritchie's service to us.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:33:34 »

Paolo has stated himself that communication between him and the board had been non-existent for quite sometime so not sure it's so mystifying!

no doubt that was a massive fuck-up on behalf of Black though - totally uncalled for given Ritchie's service to us.

OK so if it was totally in the hands of the old board fair enough. *IF* Paolo was given assurances by the incoming board he wouldn't be sold, and I may have misunderstood that - it may have been old board, then its not unreasonable to expect a phone call if something changed.
Flashheart

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:33:36 »

Batch.

You bit on a tongue in cheek remark that was not even directed at you and chose to take offence at it.......

This forum has degraded into a thisis type train crash and what the fuck is wrong with me saying so on FB or anywhere else?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:35:17 »

I think I'm on my period Flash. Sometimes, well most of the time I take things too seriously and/or personally. I've let it out and feel better now!

Incidentally, I don't actually mind being argued down.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:35:58 »

OK so if it was totally in the hands of the old board fair enough. *IF* Paolo was given assurances by the incoming board he wouldn't be sold, and I may have misunderstood that - it may have been old board, then its not unreasonable to expect a phone call if something changed.
how would the incoming board be able to give assurances Ritchie would not be sold?
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:36:19 »

The cash from the Ritchie sale has already sustained the club for a couple of weeks, as we have learned the hard way an 'imminent' sale does not mean short enough that no bills or wages need to be paid. I don't think it necessarily means either of the premises are false, just that we can't ignore our outgoings until the football league manage to find their fabled rubber stamp.

Plus, there were no guarantees the takeover was/is going to be ratified. The remainder of the Ritchie money should see us through another month and a half if this all goes tits up, giving us time to try and find other options rather than calling in the administrators straight away.

If half a million quid will only plug the gap for a couple of months the clubs finances are in a lot worse state than anyone is letting on.

I hope the optimists are proved right but the only hard facts to emerge so far tell me that the days of funding the sort of squad we have now are coming to an end at least for the time being.

Just to be clear, I dont blame either the old owners or the new owners Im just giving my opinion on how I think its going to pan out.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:39:04 »

If half a million quid will only plug the gap for a couple of months the clubs finances are in a lot worse state than anyone is letting on.

I hope the optimists are proved right but the only hard facts to emerge so far tell me that the days of funding the sort of squad we have now are coming to an end at least for the time being.

Just to be clear, I dont blame either the old owners or the new owners Im just giving my opinion on how I think its going to pan out.
if these days are coming to an end, then i don't think it's a bad thing.

the player turnover we've had has been huge and extremely expensive. it ws never going to be sustainable, it's just unfortunate that it's all culminated in such fallout that it makes Chernobyl seem relatively cosy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:39:24 »

how would the incoming board be able to give assurances Ritchie would not be sold?

Part of the negotiations to take over. You can't very well agree to buy a company if the current owner agrees to sell at £x if they then afterwards sells all the assets that price was based on.

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:41:14 »

If people only want to deal with facts then they are as follows. The owner decides to end any funding which then sees the clubs best player sold to a rival team at a cut price to cover bills.That sale was made without the managers consent or knowledge. We've not won since and the manager has quit. That's not even mentioning a faceless new board in waiting we know little about. It's a fucking joke.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:42:54 by arriba » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:41:50 »

Part of the negotiations to take over. You can't very well agree to buy a company if the current owner agrees to sell at £x if they then afterwards sells all the assets that price was based on.

fair point, but if administration was the other option then purchasing the club would be a far less attractive prospect.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:43:29 »

fair point, but if administration was the other option then purchasing the club would be a far less attractive prospect.

Absolutely. 100%. If selling Ritchie kept us out of administration, and this is likely, it HAD to happen. No ifs, buts or maybes.

Its a shame the way it was handled by all. If Paolo's story is 100% correct.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: