Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Takeover  (Read 21894 times)
kaufman

« Reply #45 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 22:59:38 »

Also this http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18285716
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 23:01:44 »

Lets get promoted then, plastic pitches aren't allowed there Wink
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 23:02:22 »

Well this is all sounding a tad worrying.  Quite honestly if they are dodgy, I'd rather the FL doesn't approve the takeover.  Surely there must have been other interested parties who don't have shady pasts?
VantaaVale

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 23:02:56 »

It seems to be Miller and Deakin that the Vale fans have the most beef with although its seems they aren't too fond of Hooper either.

Well, I think with Gary Hooper it is difficult to say. He ultimately was never elected as a director and so from that point of view it is unfair to judge him. It's more that there appears to be a link between Hooper and Peter Miller (who was also working for Ameriturf iirc, before somehow transferring his allegiance to Blue Sky) and as such he is disliked by association.

It may be nothing to be concerned about, but I think it is reasonable to want to know some details about the backgrounds of your proposed directors.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 23:03:29 »

Well this is all sounding a tad worrying.  Quite honestly if they are dodgy, I'd rather the FL doesn't approve the takeover.  Surely there must have been other interested parties who don't have shady pasts?

They aren't necessarily dodgy, and selling Matt Ritchie says to me we are out of time anyway.

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 23:07:32 »

It's looked dodgy for a while now. If flogging your best player for less than half the price turned down a few months earlier doesn't ring alarm bells then nothing will. Outgoing cunts with more cunts wanting to take over. Fuck the lot of them.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 23:10:02 by arriba » Logged
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 23:16:10 »

It's looked dodgy for a while now. If flogging your best player for less than half the price turned down a few months earlier doesn't ring alarm bells then nothing will. Outgoing cunts with more cunts wanting to take over. Fuck the lot of them.
Pretty much how I feel about it, will be amazed if this has a happy ending.
kaufman

« Reply #52 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 23:18:41 »

So 4 pages in we've learnt a Gary Hooper never ended up at Port Vale, has worked alongside someone dodgy who appears not to be involved in our takeover consortium (going by the adver understands article) and we can't have an artificial pitch laid even if they wanted to lay one.

I think i'll just wait till tomorrow lunch time on some news.
Great to have all the info from Port Vale and good to know we can call on them in the future should such names arise.
If people want to dig i guess they could ask QPR and Brentford what they thought of Gary Hooper when he worked for them.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 23:24:36 »

the Ritchie sale was entirely down to Black, he admitted that himself.

i'm choosing to remain optimistic, bollocks to the cautious bit. it's all i've got to cling to!
deltaincline

« Reply #54 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 23:30:21 »

I have no way of proving it, but I heard last week that Jed is going to be our new full time (handsomely salaried) CEO when the takeover goes through.

No idea if the plans include a position for Nick Watkins, but I suspect not as I couldn't see him taking a sideways step, nor could I imagine him working with a bunch of dodgy fuckers.

Only my opinion, but IF Watkins goes, then bang goes our professional image along with some of the bluechip sponsors such as Samsung etc. Ditto the Adidas branded kits as I cant see them wanting to be associated with dodgy fuckers either.

I would imagine that closely followed by the above will be a fair chunk of credibility in terms of goodwill amongst local businesses, most of whom have bought into the professionalism of the Fitton / Watkins / PDC / Wray / Black era.

On that point, and whilst I've criticised him myself few times,  I think it is often massively underestimated what a fantastic job Watkins and his staff have done to rebuild the clubs credibility and to attract new business income during the recession. All off the back of the destructive effect that the last board left behind them.

As is often said, Swindon is a small town, and people talk. All the good work done over the last five years could be undone in less than five weeks if tongues start wagging.

Again, I have no way of knowing - just going on what has been said by Vale fans - but even a whiff of dodgy characters riding into town will scare the shit out of the council. I'd imagine any plans the current board had/have in place will be immediately wound back to zero, at least until they know who and what they are dealing with.

Any negative rumblings from the natives will cause real problems.

I know it's early days, but the signs are not looking good for Jedward and Co.

Plastic pitches, no decent funds, Double Glazing salesmen in shiny suits - and wearing 1980's style white socks and lofa shoes, presumably??

Fuck me, all we need now is Nigel 'cunty' Bennett to give them the green light, then we really can dust off the Orange hats and the risque avatars.... Wink

'We want our Swindon back, we want our Swindon back'
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 23:50:42 by deltaincline » Logged
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #55 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 23:34:07 »

All seems rather ominous.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 23:53:32 »

Oh bother.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 23:54:11 »

What's this Hooper guy supposed to have done that's so bad?

Forgot to send his grandmother a card at Christmas.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 00:51:53 »

I have no way of proving it, but I heard last week that Jed is going to be our new full time (handsomely salaried) CEO when the takeover goes through.

No idea if the plans include a position for Nick Watkins, but I suspect not as I couldn't see him taking a sideways step, nor could I imagine him working with a bunch of dodgy fuckers.

Only my opinion, but IF Watkins goes, then bang goes our professional image along with some of the bluechip sponsors such as Samsung etc. Ditto the Adidas branded kits as I cant see them wanting to be associated with dodgy fuckers either.

I would imagine that closely followed by the above will be a fair chunk of credibility in terms of goodwill amongst local businesses, most of whom have bought into the professionalism of the Fitton / Watkins / PDC / Wray / Black era.

On that point, and whilst I've criticised him myself few times,  I think it is often massively underestimated what a fantastic job Watkins and his staff have done to rebuild the clubs credibility and to attract new business income during the recession. All off the back of the destructive effect that the last board left behind them.

As is often said, Swindon is a small town, and people talk. All the good work done over the last five years could be undone in less than five weeks if tongues start wagging.

Again, I have no way of knowing - just going on what has been said by Vale fans - but even a whiff of dodgy characters riding into town will scare the shit out of the council. I'd imagine any plans the current board had/have in place will be immediately wound back to zero, at least until they know who and what they are dealing with.

Any negative rumblings from the natives will cause real problems.

I know it's early days, but the signs are not looking good for Jedward and Co.

Plastic pitches, no decent funds, Double Glazing salesmen in shiny suits - and wearing 1980's style white socks and lofa shoes, presumably??

Fuck me, all we need now is Nigel 'cunty' Bennett to give them the green light, then we really can dust off the Orange hats and the risque avatars.... Wink

'We want our Swindon back, we want our Swindon back'

Sorry, but until we know anything straight, your post is exactly why intelligentish people should not post their thoughts where other people can read them. I know nothing, you know nothing, why bother. Wait and see like the rest of us.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 01:20:41 »

They seem a genuine bunch on that forum and its quite scary stuff.Fuck all we can do about it though, how we're supposed to "not let them near our club" ive no idea, its out of our hands.Just have to wait for the shit to hit the fan I suppose.

/
W56196272
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: