Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Takeover  (Read 21847 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 17:43:05 »

This has all become so utterly ridiculous.

This state of limbo, where nobody has the slightest idea what the fuck is going on has now seemingly become the norm. I've lost count the amount of times it's been said that the takeover should be complete in the next couple of days. Meanwhile, we've nothing left to do but speculate as to how shady the new lot are going to be, how unprofessional the head of the consortium is, how much money they don't have, and how long Paolo will hang around for.

I've been desperately clinging onto the idea of it all getting done, the new lot turn out to be a decent bunch and we can get a few players in to continue our promotion push, but I'm just sick of it all.

And I'm surrounded by people who've never given a flying fuck about football all planning their trip to Wembley on Sunday.

Exactly my feelings.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 17:49:22 »

Or they could be Steven Vaughan and John Batchelor. Or Mike Diamandis and Bob Holt. Or any of the various dodgy (and in some cases completely fictitious) Portsmouth chancers. Any "anonymous" owners should be treated with the utmost suspicion.

Can they get anonymous past the FL?

Insofar as they may wish to be anonymous in public but must declare to the authorities? Leeds seem to have anonymous backers during the Bates era, that even the redoubtable David Conn couldn't unveil.
« Last Edit: Monday, February 18, 2013, 17:54:05 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 18:10:12 »

Can they get anonymous past the FL?

Insofar as they may wish to be anonymous in public but must declare to the authorities? Leeds seem to have anonymous backers during the Bates era, that even the redoubtable David Conn couldn't unveil.
Yes that's precisely what Bates did - the directors etc were declared privately to the FL (or at least that's what they claimed but of course with no scrutiny of that, who knows?) for the purposes of FPP test, but kept secret in public. Where there's no transparency, there's always going to be a stench of skullduggery.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 18:17:15 »

might be fun to protest against a board that fight back though :0

To be fair, there was always a chance that Bob Holt could've pulled a gun on us.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 18:20:25 »

Apart from 1 setting up and then selling a multi-million pound business and the other having a wealthy family and money handed on a platter, I would agree that it is obvious that their business acument is comparable.

I always assumed that they kept the holding in the club as it was either that or stay at home and watch Bargain Hunt all day.

Precisely. James Wills was wetter than a haddock's bathing costume and his place on the board was a token gesture.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: