Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Takeover  (Read 21895 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #60 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 04:34:10 »

McCrory’s new board will consist of Martin King, Steve Murrall and Gary Hooper.

Those are the confirmed names.

Incorrect

Martin King WILL NOT be on the board. As confirmed by Jed himself, this has been stated elsewhere: http://banburyunitedfc.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1296

It's not even clear whether Jed will be on the board or not.

Steve Murrell and Gary Hooper have not been confirmed as being on the board anywhere.

As for all of them being 'under a dark cloud'.....

Jed.... One random comment saying he's a bit dodgy seems to have taken precedence over pages of positive comments about him from Banbury. Read their forum, they don't want him to leave.

Murrell. We know nothing about him at all.

Hooper. Can somebody actually point out what he did wrong. I have looked but genuinely cannot find any evidence of him doing any wrong.
Flashheart

« Reply #61 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 05:15:46 »

So Hooper was associated with Ameriturf and Ameriturf were supposedly investing in Vale..... hence the connection.

That deal didn't go through. It actually appears as though Hooper and Ameriturf were stitched up somewhat by the PV board whom chose to go with another company even after the deal was signed. That ended the association between them and the following mess had nothing to do with Hooper or Ameriturf?

So what is Hooper supposed to have done wrong?

If I have missed something, please do enlighten me.
Flashheart

« Reply #62 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 06:50:52 »

Another thing.....

Gary Hooper may not be associated with Ameriturf (and he may not even be in the consortium).

However. Ameriturf (and presumably Hooper), want fuck all to do with those dodgy cunts that were at Vale.

THE American firm behind a failed £1.6m investment in Port Vale are ready to reconsider the deal ... but only if the club's current board are removed

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Port-Vale-Ameriturf-ready-reconsider-investment/story-15087583-detail/story.html#axzz2LEEEiwGS
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 07:41:14 »

Is Ameriturf is one of the new generation 'plastic' pitches, like Wigan have, like Arsenal have (i.e. synthetic woven in)?

Say, for the sake of argument, that Hooper is on the board. We therefore have a director that has a vested interest in selling us such a pitch, or simply a director who has held similar positions at Brentford and QPR that has other football interests. If we end up with a new pitch, why does that matter?

The focus of this thread is wrong. To my mind, as has been mentioned earlier, the concern is the professional demeanour (or apparent lack thereof) of McCrory. The 'Banbury...roar' is the twitter strapline of a young boy who has just outgrown Ben 10, not a man who is about to run a football club on behalf of a Town and its supporters. It doesn't mean anything in itself, but it suggests that the man is a bit of a 'jack-the-lad'. That is the impression, and the concern - that the club will regress to be run less professionally, with less integrity. The best thing McCrory could do is come off twitter, do another button up on his shirt (or even buy a tie), retain Watkins (I strongly doubt this will happen) and build on the solid administrative foundations that have been laid.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 07:44:41 »

the Ritchie sale was entirely down to Black, he admitted that himself.

i'm choosing to remain optimistic, bollocks to the cautious bit. it's all i've got to cling to!
Yep Yes
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 07:50:37 »

Is Ameriturf is one of the new generation 'plastic' pitches, like Wigan have, like Arsenal have (i.e. synthetic woven in)?

http://www.ameriturfsystems.com/Synthetic-Turf/Soccer-Field-System.php

Looks fully artificial, but lets worry about that if it happens because the rules don't allow it yet..
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 08:06:01 »

http://www.ameriturfsystems.com/Synthetic-Turf/Soccer-Field-System.php

Looks fully artificial, but lets worry about that if it happens because the rules don't allow it yet..

Handy for training pitches though, especially when the weather is gash.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 08:35:47 »

Whos going to start the chant of 'Mike Newells barmy army' opening day of next season?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 08:40:50 »

Whos going to start the chant of 'Mike Newells barmy army' opening day of next season?

The new assistant manager Brian Stein was punditry on ESPN on saturday. Mentioned he was looking forward to starting work soon..
Flashheart

« Reply #69 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 08:44:06 »

The focus of this thread is wrong. To my mind, as has been mentioned earlier, the concern is the professional demeanour (or apparent lack thereof) of McCrory. The 'Banbury...roar' is the twitter strapline of a young boy who has just outgrown Ben 10, not a man who is about to run a football club on behalf of a Town and its supporters. It doesn't mean anything in itself, but it suggests that the man is a bit of a 'jack-the-lad'. That is the impression, and the concern - that the club will regress to be run less professionally, with less integrity. The best thing McCrory could do is come off twitter, do another button up on his shirt (or even buy a tie), retain Watkins (I strongly doubt this will happen) and build on the solid administrative foundations that have been laid.

If that's the worst people can find on him then I for one find that encouraging.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 08:53:51 »

If that's the worst people can find on him then I for one find that encouraging.

So if he puts a tie on, he'll become more professional?

I've seen Watkins in pictures not wearing a tie, burn him!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 10:00:15 »

Handy for training pitches though, especially when the weather is gash.

Very true, they normally head over to Ciren don't they.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 10:58:10 »

Morshead has been quiet today
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 11:00:35 »

Hope we get something concrete in the near future,  my appetite for unfounded speculation has truly been sated
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 12:43:05 »

So if he puts a tie on, he'll become more professional?

I've seen Watkins in pictures not wearing a tie, burn him!

Frankly it could come in a clown suit and as long as they managed efficiently and professionally i wouldn't care.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: