Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Fans demand answers from club's new owners  (Read 15859 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 20:01:23 »

It was a few questions, that's all. The new board, if approved, can answer them, ignore them or do whatever they want. At least they have them.

Mountain, molehill.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 20:02:13 »

With so much of what has happened over the last week, this does appear to be further manouvering and possibly posturing, possibly in mind with gaining a foothold when moving forward.

I cannot believe that the Trust honest believe that this statement will make the new owners say 'fuck what the NDA says, they have demanded answers so answers we shall give'... equally if we want to be factually correct, we don't have new owners at the moment so there is no-one to answer.

However what this will possibly facilitate is that when the new owners take over they will see the Trust as the key supporters group to engage with for the future which they may not have done without the statement being done.

Not sure what it will achieve to be honest, but it did fill some space on what compared to the last week was a comparitively quiet news day.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 20:03:30 »

That is true, it's building up for a Friday statement.

Hopefully a statement saying, takeover complete we are your new owners and lets shake that money stick.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 20:05:54 »

Hopefully a statement saying, takeover complete we are your new owners and lets shake that money stick.

I think we would all like this to be right...unless it is Bob Holt waving that stick !!!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 20:06:50 »

Is @TrevorSTFC anything to do with the Trust?

Things get better but they never get good
Flashheart

« Reply #65 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 20:07:16 »

I want a Thursday statement. That's when the emergency loan window open and other clubs are looking at BWP and Green.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 20:09:08 »

Orange hats at the ready again?

#VivaKenBarlow!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 20:10:33 »

Is @TrevorSTFC anything to do with the Trust?

He's not on the Trust board. He was the one who started up the 'Di Canio Fund' talk on Twitter.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #68 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 20:15:44 »

But it was done through an 'official' fans channel who are an elected body and not done by some faceless idiot on twitter or email.

It's not like the statement will spoil the deal or stop a £100m redevelopment of the County Ground because the Trust demanded what many town fans want. All McCrory or Black has to say is that there is an NDA in place which requires details cannot be released until the takeover is sanctioned by the Football League and thus the concerns will be addressed at that point in time.

It's targeted, to the point and doesn't assume or insult anyone. I can't believe anyone is getting their knickers in a twist about it. In fact I can, a lot of people don't like or distrust the organisation (no pun intended). The Trust aren't a bunch of political activists who moan about everything, they just only seem to get knocked down when the shit starts hitting the fan and they have a bit of media coverage.

In fact, if these concerns aren't addressed when the takeover is complete then season ticket sales are going to go to shit.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 20:21:39 »

Whether you like it or not....if things turn to the sort of shit that look increasingly likely, then we're going to have to hope that  any people involved in the Trust are irrational...namely not asking why bother?

I have to ask as I am dipping in and out of web access (and will be in the black hole of Torquay for the next two days), but why is it looking increasingly like things will be shit, my understanding is:

Sale is agreed but no one can talk about it until agreed due to legal NDA. We don't know who imposed the NDA so have no evidence that new owners have anything to hide.

We have no evidence of new owners financial position. They would or could not fund the shortfall, but why should they do so when they don't own the club and their taking ownership is dependent upon the most undemocratic and disfunctional organisation (the FA) making a decision, would you trust those buggers with £500k of your money.

We have no evidence of who they are bar a gentleman from Evesham who is fronting the bid but likley not the cash behind it. His takeowver at Luton seems to have failed, but no one seems to know why (how long ago was it), Banbury supporters seem to be happy with his appraoch.

We tried to sign some players but then the league would not let us as the ownership issue was outsstanding, I assume as we couldn't prove we could pay them till the end of the loans as Mr Black won't fund and the new owners ability to fund was based upon the agreement of the FA - its a self perpetuating circle really.

Therefore what actual facts are their to support the hand wringing, doom etc. If it does tits up fine, but at the moment do we have any evidence of this? Huh? Huh? Huh?
« Last Edit: Monday, February 4, 2013, 20:24:16 by horlock07 » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 20:24:38 »

Sam morshead seems to have an inkling that things might be done by Thursday, which is good enough for me!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 20:28:23 »

I would have had a lot more respect for the Trust if they had tagged an additional question on the end and broached the cheese issue.

Morshead (who I have criticised in the past but really seems to have come into his own in the last week) keeps mentioning this Thursday, is this based upon any evidence or just a hunch.

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 20:36:06 »

5 live di canio interview on any minute now.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 20:37:29 »

he's gonna resign on national radio
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 20:40:36 »

5 live di canio interview on any minute now.

Has it been on yet?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: