Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Fans demand answers from club's new owners  (Read 15892 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 19:30:04 »

Summerof69 out!!!! Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 19:32:25 »

The statement was done by the Trust board, who were elected at the last Trust AGM, so are the voice of the members.

At the end of the day, if the membership do not like what we have done, we can be voted out at the next AGM, which is in the next month or so. In the last few weeks our membership has increased by over 20%, so we must be striking a chord.

I think this statement is a fair reflection of fan's concerns, both members, lapsed members and other fans.
Flashheart

« Reply #47 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 19:33:23 »

You might like to acknowledge occasionally that while it's not your fault etc etc being so far away does sometimes make you a little out of touch with what's being talked about off the internet. Virtually everyone I've bumped into in town over the last week or so is very very worried by what's going on and the myriad rumours flying around and are desperate for some clarity and answers.

Are these people better informed than I am (along with other people on here)?

I'm also concerned paul but being hostile toward a group of people we know nothing about yet is not rational. Everybody just has to wait. It's tough shit and not nice but casting aspersions will make not an iota of difference.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #48 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 19:38:01 »

Flashheart has been on www.thestfcsupportersclub.com too much  Cheesy
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 19:38:14 »

Are these people better informed than I am (along with other people on here)?
No, none of us are. But the point is that there is a general feeling of disquiet, which I think the Trust statement reflected quite well FWIW. And I don't know that you can really pick up on that "vibe" from just what you read on the Internet. Easy to forget there's a much bigger constituency out there (and I do it too, so not having a pop, quite often find myself being pulled up when I talk to "real people"!)
I'm also concerned paul but being hostile toward a group of people we know nothing about yet is not rational. Everybody just has to wait. It's tough shit and not nice but casting aspersions will make not an iota of difference.
If the Trust statement had been hostile or cast aspersions, you may have a point. But they didn't, they just politely asked the same questions everyone is asking.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 19:38:58 »

I'm also concerned paul but being hostile toward a group of people we know nothing about yet is not rational.

It's a pretty clear pattern throughout human history though.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 19:39:10 »

Summerof69 out!!!! Cheesy

Cheesy

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Flashheart

« Reply #52 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 19:41:28 »

I don't see how demanding answers immediately can be considered polite.
Dozno9

« Reply #53 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 19:42:02 »

Were the board, old or new suddenly going to reveal details because the trust asked it to? I would guess no, and that's what's happened. There was no point in doing it and doing it in public was going to get even less response.

I'm sat here waiting to see what happens along with the next fan but getting out your pram over the time it's taking isn't going to get anywhere.

As said earlier perhaps the Trust should have released a statement a long time ago about previous concerns with the club that led us to this situation in the first place instead of being in the "Sit down, shut up, don't ask" club.
« Last Edit: Monday, February 4, 2013, 19:45:57 by Azza » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #54 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 19:47:27 »

Were the board, old or new suddenly going to reveal details because the trust asked it to? I would guess no, and that's what's happened. There was no point in doing it and doing it in public was going to get even less response.

This as well.... what were they hoping to achieve with it?

To me it just looks like chest beating or an act of petulance. Were they really expecting their demands to be met especially when it is all expected to be finalised in a few days. Why can they not just wait a few days?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #55 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 19:49:34 »

I don't see how demanding answers immediately can be considered polite.

It can't be anymore damaging that the vitriol some of our more simple fans have been spouting all over the internet and social media.
Flashheart

« Reply #56 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 19:51:03 »

It can't be anymore damaging that the vitriol some of our more simple fans have been spouting all over the internet and social media.

This is true.
Dozno9

« Reply #57 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 19:53:00 »

But it was done through an 'official' fans channel who are an elected body and not done by some faceless idiot on twitter or email.

It certainly wasn't as damaging as some of the stuff I've seen as well as by a lot on here saying that we are now "tinpot" and owned by a double glazing salesman when none of us know anything. That's more damaging in that it turns some of the fan base against something they have no knowledge of.
« Last Edit: Monday, February 4, 2013, 19:54:45 by Azza » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 19:58:55 »

you lot are spoiling for some more drama from the club.
Dozno9

« Reply #59 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 20:00:36 »

That is true, it's building up for a Friday statement.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: