Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PDC Considering Future  (Read 67181 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 08:33:44 »

If this is true, then I will go down to the club and kick the living shit out the new 'owners' until they fuck off. 

I'm sure you will
HardCorePrawn

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 08:43:03 »

Firstly, Di Canio has come out saying he does not receive a very large wage from the club ......

Other Div 1 managers would find that hilarious ! You also have to throw in his dugout team and agent / mate Phil Spencer - have you seen what the club has paid in agent fees since PDC arrived ?
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 08:59:57 »

It seems to me that the press  are after Swindon as they have in the past
Remember it is international week and most of the reporters invent, expand on whispers as they have nothing else to write about
•   PDC is always going to be a headline think back the press were waiting for him to be out of the door over the Clarke issue.
•   The Rotherham game after a couple of defeats  last season when it was live on TV Headlines  will PDC still be in charge (another International weekend)
•   When we won the league last year headlines will PDC be in charge next season
•   Every recent vacancy PDC is linked in some way
•   PDC in my view is building up a siege mentality with the players and more importantly with the supporters not against the new owners against everyone not associated with the club does this remind people of the past a little with Lou in Charge? 
Swindon is always going to be headlines with PDC in charge and long may it continue, I can smell promotion in the air
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 09:01:23 »

In fairness though Paul, I fully expected him to walk within a week of Patey arriving so who knows?
True dat. FWIW, I think he's got enough savvy to know (or Phil Spencer does) that if he can stick it out till the end of this season and guide us to a reasonably placed finish (let's face it, the past couple of weeks have given him all the excuses in the world for missing out on promotion/play-offs although his pride will still want to achieve that) then he can get a decent Championship job in the summer to take him the next level up. It's a question of whether he can hang on that long I suspect
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 09:58:53 »

"Robins are third in League One but Italian's big salary is a strain on resources and potential new club chief wants is poised to make a change"

the grammar in that sentence is appalling

I come from a land down-under
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 10:09:52 »

Newell has been out of the game since a spell at Hartlepool but is keen to return.

This article is awful,  Newell left Hartlepool in 2003 since then he has managed Luton and Grimsby!!
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 10:33:41 »

If this is true, then I will go down to the club and kick the living shit out the new 'owners' until they fuck off. 

How embarrassing.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Flashheart

« Reply #277 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 10:37:54 »

JED McCrory has rubbished a report in a national newspaper this morning claiming his consortium plans to sack manager Paolo Di Canio and replace him with Mike Newell and Brian Stein.

The Daily Mirror ran a story in their Wednesday edition which stated the prospective new owners of the Robins were ready to make the move due to the sizeable wages Di Canio earns at the County Ground.

However, in a statement released exclusively to the Swindon Advertiser, McCrory has nonsensed the suggestions.

His statement reads: "I feel the need to break the NDA (non-disclosure agreement) due to the breaking story (in the Mirror).

"I have had no contact or conversation, be it email, telephone or any other means, with Mike Newell.

"We are disappointed that people are putting stories together due to the uncertainty over the situation and would like to state we are looking forward to working with Paolo Di Canio and the team going forward.

"We are working tirelessly to bring the purchase of the club to an end to allow all to return to normality. As a football fan I am aware of the need to end this uncertainty as soon as possible."

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindontown/news/10209194.McCrory_rubbishes_Di_Canio_sack_plan_report/?ref=twt&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
nochee

« Reply #278 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 10:42:09 »

Go on Jed, what a guy  Clap
supermarioTV
"about as funny as AIDS"

Forum Heavyweight

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 10:43:39 »

How embarrassing.

Why?
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 10:47:29 »

I have had no contact or conversation, be it email, telephone or any other means, with Mike Newell.

So Brian Stein is somehow involved then.... 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 10:49:17 »

Good, nice one Jed.

Hold on, what about Stein...Smiley

edit: doh, beaten to it....
red socks

« Reply #282 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 10:50:19 »

Why?

If you don't know it makes it even worse, you may want to edit your posts. (Oh and there is a little thing called the law that prevents people making threats of violence to others, even if they are only the nonsense of teenage boy's fantasies)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 10:50:47 »

So Brian Stein is somehow involved then.... 

I wouldn't rule out Rickie Hill, who is currently managing Tampa Bay Rowdies.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 10:53:25 »

Surely the daily mirror has a sports editor, combined with a certain moral obligation or code to ensure that everything goes out has at least some semblance of truth and some half legitimate sources?

How can these people get away with writing this shit? They are just making themselves look stupid.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: