Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PDC Considering Future  (Read 66823 times)
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 23:57:43 »

I love a good riot,time to cut some eye holes in the orange hat and turn it into an orange balaclava

/
W56196272
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 23:58:55 »

BBC also jumping on the bandwagon... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21347264

#VivaKenBarlow!
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 00:13:34 »

oh man, if this is true there will be bloodshed, what a fucking daft thing to do.

DRS

« Reply #243 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 00:15:12 »

Unfortunately I think There is substance to this story.
Why?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 00:16:29 »

If that were to happen, I'm not sure I'd make it to another game in the near future... I was falling out of love with the Town after the Wilson/Malpas eras, but have been drawn back in by the ambition, passion, and success of the last few years. Not sure i could take being happy to achieve mid-table obscurity with a bunch of conservative nobodies. I'm too poor and busy to waste my time going through the motions every Saturday.

Or, it's all a load of nonsense!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 00:26:48 »

Why?
I can't be the only one who has had the thought that Paolo may be being forced out? I mentioned footballers taking over in another thread at the weekend and I'm sticking by that.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 00:31:28 »

Firstly, Di Canio has come out saying he does not receive a very large wage from the club, so the premise of the article is wrong. Secondly, it would not make sense to do this for money-saving reasons far beyond the fact he doesn't earn much and they'd have to pay him off, since there would be no way i'd renew my season ticket if that occurred while they were in charge and neither would a lot of our other fans i'd imagine.
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 00:54:20 »

Depends what PDC thinks is large and what is large for a League 1 club
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 06:00:04 »

We really need Paolo Di Canio because he is typical of a genuine Swindon supporting "fuck wit" supporter like myself !!!

Pride and Passion..

Suggest that we are generally good people who stand up for what we believe in and wish for the "dream" to happen

Yes, like in 1969 and the wonderful years of Macari, Hoddle and Ossie.

We have been dealt with some of the most cruel unfair situations and decisions that would kill off most clubs and supporters.

However, this has rallied a desire, determination and devotion for a club that will never die   

Fuck, I hope he stays...

Embarrassed

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 06:59:00 »

Brian Stein and/or Mike Newell can cunting fuck off along with anyone else who thinks swapping them for Di Canio is anything more so than a major fucking disaster...
Flashheart

« Reply #250 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 07:03:56 »

So they want to sack him to save costs?, an action which would mean they have to pay up his contract AND pay the new manager. Would that not be a tad self defeating?

I'm surprised they managed to spell his name right. Give the 'article' no credence whatsoever.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 07:07:27 »

Cash-strapped Swindon are ready to sack manager Paolo di Canio – because he is too expensive.

The extrovert Italian faces the axe despite a good run of results at the League One promotion chasers, where he is paid a thumping salary.

Di Canio claimed last week that he was “considering his position” after star Matt Ritchie was sold and he was given no money for new players.

Now Swindon’s potential new owners are poised to change manager if they are given Football League blessing to take control in the next 48 hours.

Buyer Jed McCrory is keen to land Brian Stein and Mike Newell as the new management team after the pair worked together at Luton.

Stein is pals with former Banbury United supremo McCrory. Newell has been out of the game since a spell at Hartlepool but is keen to return.

Di Canio’s exit would be unpopular with Swindon fans but the former Celtic, Sheffield Wednesday and West Ham star's reign has been a strain on the Town coffers, with his own wages a major factor in the imminent change.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 07:11:40 by carbonwhite » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 07:21:24 »

Take a look at the section of Grimsby's Wiki page that deals with the period during which Newell and Stein were the management team.  It's called 'Demise and Further Relegation', and tells you everything you need to know about the calibre of this pair.

You don't know what to believe at the moment, but if there is any truth in these rumours, there will be blood up the walls.  I can see thousands rapidly losing interest if this is the path we're about to take.  Let's keep our fingers crossed that all this is paper talk with no substance.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 07:26:29 »

Sell our best player and sack our manager? All speculation but if it happened there better be a fucking riot...

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 07:32:13 »

@SamMorshead_SA: Just got off a half hour phone call which gave me no reason to believe an ounce of that Mirror story. #stfc

Does not sound like there is much to this story about paolo being too expensive.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: