Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Deadline Day  (Read 59718 times)
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:51:48 »

Ok so a club sends a fax (can't believe this still happens but it does apparently) through to the Football League at 10:59pm. This is before the deadline and the football league subsequently approve it in due course. Where's the difference - other than it being a few days instead of a few hours?

I thought this was how it worked as well, maybe the differance here is the FL refusal to allow the deals. Maybe the refusal cancels out if you got the paperwork in on time or not?!
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:54:42 »

if I understand correctly, we're paying them a salary until such point the FL sanction the takeover and then ratify the loan deals so that we can register them?

Are we paying them a salary?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:55:05 »

just waiting for Brian Rix's trousers to fall down

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:56:10 »

Never knowingly overstated.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:56:22 »

Are we paying them a salary?
if we've agreed loan deals, players have agreed terms and they've all passed medicals but the only stumbling block - as suggested by BBC Wilts and the Adver - is that we can't play them yet, i'd presume so?

especially if Pack isn't training with Cheltenham.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:57:27 »

if I understand correctly, we're paying them a salary until such point the FL sanction the takeover and then ratify the loan deals so that we can register them?

That would make sense but why do we have to wait until the emergency window opens to play them?

Surely the players should be able to play as soon as the FL sanction the takeover and approve the players?

I'm so confused right now.
Flashheart

« Reply #426 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:59:11 »

Not what I was hoping to hear but thank you to the CHELTENHAM media anyway

A statement regarding the reported transfer of Marlon Pack to Swindon Town.

We would like to clarify the situation regarding the reported transfer of Marlon Pack to Swindon Town.

A deal was agreed between both clubs last night which would see Marlon Pack join Swindon Town on loan with a permanent move in the summer involving a fee. The deal would also see Swindon's Luke Rooney join Cheltenham Town on an end of season loan. Terms were agreed, a medical was complete but the Football League refused Swindon Town any new registrations due to their current situation and the deal has fallen through.

It is important that we stress everything was completed correctly and successfully here at Cheltenham Town FC. The lack of Football League ratification for Swindon Town means that Marlon Pack remains a Cheltenham Town player and Luke Rooney will not be joining the club on loan at this stage.

Emergency loans will be allowed from next week and we will remain in discussions with Swindon Town and the Football League.

Thank you for your patience.

http://www.ctfc.com/news/article/transfer-update-statement-632359.aspx
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 10:01:21 »

That would make sense but why do we have to wait until the emergency window opens to play them?

Surely the players should be able to play as soon as the FL sanction the takeover and approve the players?

I'm so confused right now.
indeed, which suggests to me that the deals didn't go through before the window

i guess it's a bit like the whole Benson situation in 2011 when the FL said our fax machine was slow and crappy - we'd signed him but didn't get the same FL ratification

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/9393427.Benson_move_off/
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 10:01:28 »

if we've agreed loan deals, players have agreed terms and they've all passed medicals but the only stumbling block - as suggested by BBC Wilts and the Adver - is that we can't play them yet, i'd presume so?

especially if Pack isn't training with Cheltenham.

I read it that although agreement was reached between the clubs, the players wouldn't move (even unregistered to play) until the deal was confirmed by the FL, so we wouldn't be paying anyone's salary yet.

That would seem to be supported by that Cheltenham statement Flasheart has just quoted.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 10:03:08 »

If I understand correctly the maximum an emergency loan can last is 93 days, so to cover ourselves for the possibility of the play offs we would need to wait till the 17th February to sign them?!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 10:04:30 »

I miss the days when we were a well run club.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 10:06:01 »

So the deals have fallen through and now the only way to sign them will be in the emergency loan window.

So basically yesterday never happened  Cheesy
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 10:26:02 »

Looking back on them now, they were so fleeting.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 11:40:29 »

Or at least we thought we were.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 12:08:38 »

So the deals have fallen through and now the only way to sign them will be in the emergency loan window.

So basically yesterday never happened  Cheesy
Been away but gather that FL refused to register three new signings!  If that twat Chris Wise hadn't mentioned administration the FL might just have looked on it differently, who do the new owners have to convince they are ok, the FL or the FA?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: