Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Deadline Day  (Read 59746 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #405 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:13:00 »

I am sure that in the next week or whenever the emergency loan window opens we will be allowed to sign them on 3 month deals, better than nothing I guess.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #406 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:15:57 »

The players are signed though, just a matter of the FL approving it.

Surely there's no deals for this emergency loan palava. Just ratify the deals that have already been agreed to.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:19:49 »

Surely there's no deals for this emergency loan palava. Just ratify the deals that have already been agreed to.

Thats what I took from the bbc Wilts tweet as well, but they are known to be wrong!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #408 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:21:01 »

TBH I have no idea whast happening but hopefully it will be sorted out soon enough.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Barry Scott

« Reply #409 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:22:29 »

I was wondering this earlier. As everything was done before he window closed, once new owners are approved, can they not just allow the original deals?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:23:16 »

The transfer window relates to the transfer of player registrations. The FL didn't approve our transfers and therefore Charlton & Cheltenham will still hold the registrations, even if they did all pass medicals and agree terms. I think we'll be stiffed by this and will be bound by the emergency loan rules.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:25:08 »

On the Pompey comparison, I think - though no doubt someone will prove me wrong - that their loan signings have all been for one month.  Financially that is a very different risk from six months, and presumably the FL are watching them on a month by month basis.

On registration, I have no factual information, but instinct would say that if the players, the club and the clubs are content to accept that all was tied up last night then no-one can stop them being on our books; they simply cannot appear in any competitive game.  They could for instance play in friendlies or charity matches if that were relevant, which its not!
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:38:51 »

Its frustrating that we couldnt get those deals completed, but in general it has to be a good thing if the league are being more proactive in policing clubs finances than in the past.

Back in 2007 we actually signed players on the expectation that Best holdings were going to take over the club, only for that deal to fall through. If the FL had refused to ratify those deals until the takeover was completed it would have saved the club a lot of money!
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:42:03 »

The transfer window relates to the transfer of player registrations. The FL didn't approve our transfers and therefore Charlton & Cheltenham will still hold the registrations, even if they did all pass medicals and agree terms. I think we'll be stiffed by this and will be bound by the emergency loan rules.

I think the contracts the players have signed before the deadline are binding though.

You get situations all the time where players pass medicals, agree terms and sign contracts, it's then sent off to the FL or PL and it runs passed the deadline but it still goes through because the contracts were signed before the deadline.

I imagine the FL and PL have quite a few to get through after the deadline because of the amount of late deals that go through.

animalwilliams

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:43:14 »

This situation would not have happened if an experienced person carrying out the traditional Club Secretary role was employed by the Club.
Bob Jeffries in the 60s/70s and Jon Pollard in the 90s would not have let this situation take place. Most of the problems that we have experienced over the past 40 years or so have happened when the Secretary's position has been weak.      
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:44:15 »

Ok so a club sends a fax (can't believe this still happens but it does apparently) through to the Football League at 10:59pm. This is before the deadline and the football league subsequently approve it in due course. Where's the difference - other than it being a few days instead of a few hours?
Flashheart

« Reply #416 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:44:31 »

In regard to whether or not they can train with us...... surely that would be up to their parent club.

Whether there's a signed deal or not I imagine any club could have their players training with them, in the car park or at any other facility they like including those of other clubs.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:49:02 »

Ok so a club sends a fax (can't believe this still happens but it does apparently) through to the Football League at 10:59pm. This is before the deadline and the football league subsequently approve it in due course. Where's the difference - other than it being a few days instead of a few hours?

That's how I thought it worked.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:50:06 »

if I understand correctly, we're paying them a salary until such point the FL sanction the takeover and then ratify the loan deals so that we can register them?
Flashheart

« Reply #419 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:50:55 »

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA
New signings won't be able to play until emergency loan window opens, if deals go ahead #stfc
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: