Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Deadline Day  (Read 59744 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #390 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 06:27:13 »

What the actual fuck.

Is this even a rule or have they just made it up? And why were Portsmouth allowed to sign players and we aren't, we're not even in administration.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 1, 2013, 06:39:55 by Flashheart » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #391 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 06:41:54 »

If they've 'signed' for us. Does that mean we can at least have then training with us?
china red

« Reply #392 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 06:45:12 »

I think the point is that they haven't signed for us because the football league didn't ratify the transfer.  Whether this just means they cannot play in games though I don't know.

I think the mention of Administration in the press is probably why the FL have refused to let the transfers go through. 
china red

« Reply #393 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 06:49:02 »

The past few days have been extremely stressful due to all this crap at town.

Hurry the fuck up, sort it out and new board come out with statement of intent etc etc
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 07:03:53 »

Hmmmmmm.

What i don't understand is why it's acceptable for Portsmouth to sign loads of players on loan for exorbitant wages without even having an owner.

But we're not allowed a few loans with an agreement for our new owners already in place.

Can someone explain this?

Because we are Swindon, and they are Portsmouth.

For whatever reason (I blame Cecil Green) the FL have a real problem with us.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 07:21:56 »

If they've 'signed' for us. Does that mean we can at least have then training with us?
The FL refused their registrations so on that basis they haven't signed. I suppose their clubs may still let them train with us.
Flashheart

« Reply #396 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 07:22:47 »

I hope they get scabies. A new untreatable strain of scabies so they spend the rest of their lives writhing in fucking torment.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 08:06:33 »

I hope they get scabies. A new untreatable strain of scabies so they spend the rest of their lives writhing in fucking torment.
That's a bit harsh - it's not the players' fault the League wouldn't sanction the move. And anyway, if they all got scabies, then they'd fail the medical when the emergency window opens Smiley
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 08:28:26 »

Pack not training with Cheltenhan today
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 08:29:21 »

Pack not training with Cheltenhan today
Well he'll have rung in sick after Gypsy Rose Flashheart cursed him with scabies
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 08:50:19 »

Are Banbury town playing at home tomorrow - maybe a few people local to there could pop down and have a chat with him, and get the drink he gives fans
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #401 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 08:53:59 »

The FL refused their registrations so on that basis they haven't signed. I suppose their clubs may still let them train with us.

Depends. Registrations are to play for the club. If we're paying wages and whatnot then I don't see why they can't train with us.

Perhaps a week of getting familiar with the squad rather than being put straight into action might work to our benefit.

Just my thoughts, I don't actually know.
Flashheart

« Reply #402 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:04:42 »

It's unlikely they would have played much part tomorrow anyway and even by Colchester they may not be completely ready. PDS does like to spend some time with them before playing. Probably not a big deal provided they can still train with us.

Still not the point though really. The Fl really are a bunch of cunt nuggets.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:10:07 »

The single most annoying thing for me is the lack of communication, and what does come out lacking any clarity - the ambiguity of it all when it finally does emerge pisses me off.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:12:24 »

The last 48 hours have been very bizzare.

So, if the takeover is completed, can we immediately register the players?

If we have to wait until the emergency loan window, then we won't have them for the rest of the season as you can only sign players for 3 months.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: