Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Frustrated Di Canio lets fly in 20-minute rant  (Read 16272 times)
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 18:13:56 »

You're right Fred - they were MUCH worse !

All this talk of 'ranting' and 'lunacy' and shit like this is just bollocks in my opinion

It's good he says what he feels - I also like the fact he does most of it in public

I personally think he knows exactly what he is saying - and he is bloody clever about it

The fact that people want him to shut up amazes me - we wouldn't have had half the fun in the last 18 months if he had been quiet !

Wise men say........

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 19:16:21 »

To be fair to Budgie (and sheepshagger!) arriba, of the players ss mentioned, pretty sure he brought at least Morrison, Jukebox, Tozer and the Thompsons with him from Plymouth didn't he? (And Ben Joyce come to that?)
Morrison and tozer for sure. Thompsons already at the club and although not 100% sure think jukebox was already here too.
For me it isn't a byrne vs bodin thing for reasons men5ioned previously . Someone being critical of 1whilst praising another when undue is why I countered that point. Both did good things for us imo
« Last Edit: Friday, December 14, 2012, 19:21:10 by arriba » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #62 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 19:21:10 »

Jutkiewicz came from Southampton, although quite young.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 19:30:12 »

Let's be really mediocre and shit again, and then moan that we appoint nobody's.
 I really wish we had players of the calibre of Royce Brownlie & Charlie Comyn-Platt again! :-)

Yes, because that is the only possible alternative

Things get better but they never get good
nochee

« Reply #64 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 19:37:13 »

ADHD
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 20:50:37 »

Jutkiewicz came from Southampton, although quite young.

From memory...Iffy Onuora was youth team manager when we got Lukas...King told him he'd seen enough small players in the youth set up...likes of Alan Young and Chris Taylor, so go and sign some big lads. A policy which brought Tozer and Morrison.
kerry red

« Reply #66 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 22:30:11 »

It seems to me PdC wants to get the club as a whole singing from the same hymn sheet - from the youths to the first team - just as any progressive club should.

And the very fact that this is what he wants to achieve says to me he is in it for the long haul - if he is given the backing to do it
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 23:46:18 »

I've just come in from the pub, so will probably get shouted down, but it seems to me that there are two types of people in the world -

Those that appreciate everything that Paolo has done for the club, in turning things around, and making everyone energised about Swindon again  - I will call these people "the Knowledgeable guys"

The other people that know fuck all about passion or football, and want to go back to the dark days - I will call these people ""Cunts"
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 00:29:47 »

Its Paolo, not Paolo
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 03:08:54 »

I've just come in from the pub, so will probably get shouted down, but it seems to me that there are two types of people in the world -

Those that appreciate everything that Paolo has done for the club, in turning things around, and making everyone energised about Swindon again  - I will call these people "the Knowledgeable guys"

The other people that know fuck all about passion or football, and want to go back to the dark days - I will call these people ""Cunts"

Or you could acknowledge that Paolo is neither God nor Satan and has his good points and bad. It's possible to appreciate everything that Paolo has done for the club without giving him a limitless mandate to do whatever the hell he fancies.
Coca Fola

« Reply #70 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 03:48:30 »

Its Paolo, not Paolo
It's, Paolo, it's Paolo. Not its Paolo, not Paolo.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 04:32:32 »

It's, Paolo, it's Paolo. Not its Paolo, not Paolo.

It's, "Paolo, it's Paolo." Not "its Paolo, not Paolo." not It's, Paolo, it's Paolo. Not its Paolo, not Paolo.

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 09:06:54 »

Oh for the love of god
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 09:15:43 »

Or you could acknowledge that Paolo is neither God nor Satan and has his good points and bad. It's possible to appreciate everything that Paolo has done for the club without giving him a limitless mandate to do whatever the hell he fancies.

All of this. It's amazing how black and white everything he does is in the eyes of a lot of our fanbase

Things get better but they never get good
Mister Lorenzo
Dirk Diggler

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 10:26:16 »

Oh for the love of god
Why so serious?
When did you have that sense of humour bypass operation? :-)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: