Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Frustrated Di Canio lets fly in 20-minute rant  (Read 16178 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 11:17:43 »

That's well below the belt. Not least because arriba's already said his kid got fed up and left the youth setup so that's not a factor.
I'm not saying he's shit, more that last I knew he had a personal interest. Ah well.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 11:18:48 »

I'm not saying he's shit, more that last I knew he had a personal interest. Ah well.
Which he no longer does, so no need to bring it up is there?

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 11:19:49 »

If we stay down here and don't change our youth set up, arriba's kid has a better chance of making the grade....
quit. Had offers from 2 league clubs and 1conference side since. Not chasing the dream anymore and couldn't be happier.  Smug Fuck Off
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 11:21:17 »

quit. Had offers from 2 league clubs and 1conference side since. Not chasing the dream anymore and couldn't be happier.  Smug Fuck Off

Good on him, happiness is much more important.

Which he no longer does, so no need to bring it up is there?

Well I wouldn't have if I'd known now, would I? Come on.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 11:21:33 »

I read it twice and most of it made little sense to me.

The digs at Caddis were a bit unfair but otherwise I thought it was fairly tame by his standards.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 11:37:13 »

Agreed SY.

Getting used to this about once a month now, Di Canio comment/interview that looks much worse than it is; followed by a rabid overreaction from commenters on the adver site who haven't even read it properly.

I'm more interested in how we're going to turn around our shit home form and get players like Roberts performing to their potential than snipes at former players and vague whinges about working environments anyway.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 12:14:21 »

I think what's different this season is there used to be an 'us against them' atmosphere in his post-match interviews, like Mourinho created at Chelsea, which I think was the best atmosphere for uniting all the fans behind the manager and team.

Now, since the transfer embargo particularly and the Jeremy Wray situation, it seems to have turned into a 'me against the club' atmosphere, which has created more tensions with the fans and made it harder for us all to unite behind him.

I'm 100% behind Di Canio as the man that manages on the pitch and on the training ground. I honestly can't think of anyone available who I'd rather have in the way he wants to play football, the way he wants to improve the players and the passion he shows on the touchline.

But I do wish we could get back to the Di Canio of last season off the pitch who said he didn't know who Steve Evans was, went on rants against the FA and proclaimed 'we will win this league anyway' after getting sent off for the third time. That was a Di Canio I could really identify with. I think one of the problems this season is the special leeway Di Canio has been allowed for his touchline antics (no other managers would be able to get away with repeatedly running onto the pitch during play) which I can only assume has come down from above, and now there is no external body to project that anger onto its reflecting back onto the club instead.

In conclusion, we need Di Canio to get sent off more or for us to be treated unfairly in some way by the FA (come on FA, just like the old days). Rant over*

* (Sam Morsehead definition)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 12:19:16 »

Its less of a rant and more of a rambling answer which actually says very little.

Incidentally how fucking slowly does he talk if that is a 20 minute rant?

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 12:21:53 »

Good on him, happiness is much more important.

Well I wouldn't have if I'd known now, would I? Come on.
I'd much rather have a debate on the points i made you disagree with, rather than have to clear up bollocks  that had no bearing n my views anyway. My lad isn't good enough to make pro and both he and I knew that. Scholar yes but that would be 2 years wasted.he will end up playing the same level as released scholars and will have a levels in the bag.   I'm probably one of the most level headed parents you could meet regarding football.
« Last Edit: Friday, December 14, 2012, 12:23:45 by arriba » Logged
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 12:36:34 »

I agree with a lot of what arriba says but i have been watching for nearly 40 odd years now and for me  the manager is just another part of the jigsaw....if he gets us up great and to be honest what he says and does wont bother me.....i have a manager at work....he does his own thing what he thinks is best for the buisness....Paolo brings passion and puts the club in the shop window.....but if bringing a manager in who says nothing gets the results to me thats all that matters to me.
I didn't like the Fotherington situation dragging him off and i feel there was something a little fishy with the Tehoue episode.
But for the moment the good things he has done puts him in front for me....but of course it aint Christmas yet and a lot can happen come May.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 12:44:44 »

I'd much rather have a debate on the points i made you disagree with, rather than have to clear up bollocks  that had no bearing n my views anyway. My lad isn't good enough to make pro and both he and I knew that. Scholar yes but that would be 2 years wasted.he will end up playing the same level as released scholars and will have a levels in the bag.   I'm probably one of the most level headed parents you could meet regarding football.

I've never really understood your defence of the youth set up. You may have a point about not being able to sustain Paolo's method but success will lead to more investment the higher up we are.

We shouldn't be afraid of looking upwards. This club has been utter shite since I've been supporting. I was 7 when we were in the Prem and our best days were behind us. If Paolo feels the youth set up needs an overhaul, I can't see much, if any evidence that he's wrong. He's right in trying to keep Storey under wraps, who have actually produced though? Nobody other than Bodin and fucking Pook have actually been here since kids and gone all the way through to the first team and look at them! Bodin isn't even that good.
People like Storey and Morrison were dropped in during their teens so I can't see how we can take much credit for them and then you have those kids that went to City and Liverpool, whether they become success stories remain to be seen.

I for one would love to see Paolo drag this club up by the scruff of it's neck.

He clearly thrives in the 'hostile environment' and if he creates one that he can manage then fucking bring it on but oh no, better not upset the chairman that turns up 3 times a month.

Oh yeah and fuck Caddis. Best of a terrible bunch in L1, different animal completely after the pre-season regime of you know who. Utterly indifferent about the club extending his contract (probably because it'd make it harder to leave)

« Last Edit: Friday, December 14, 2012, 12:57:08 by Benzel » Logged

Coca Fola

« Reply #41 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 13:45:41 »

He's the manager, let him get on with it.

We have had to settle for so much shite over the past 20 years that it's actually refreshing to see a manager actually having some balls to say things how they are.

Spot on. I love Paolo, best manager for 20 years.
Coca Fola

« Reply #42 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 13:49:01 »

More sensationalism from the adver, no rant to be seen.  Roll Eyes
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #43 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 13:58:44 »

What Paolo has been saying for a while is that this club will be mediocre unless a lot of change happens. That doesn't just happen with the starting eleven, we need change all across the club and I agree with that.

If the club was changed to Paolo's liking all across the board (whether it would ultimately work or not is another matter) we would see far less player turnover etc. I get the feeling he's trying to implement medium-long term change (plans) which of cause are going to cause a hell of a lot of conflict early on.

Personally I think PDC can see a lot of pitfalls with the way English football is run and has his own ideas of how to improve it. In his mind, if we are one of the few clubs below Premier League level which can do that, then we'll have long term success.

A lot of people have come to the conclusion that these are mindless rants. To some extent they are (not the time and place) but the reality is his 'rants' are pretty consistent in theme and nature. They don't wind me up because I've heard it before. To a massive extent, it's better than Danny 'Everything's going to be fine soon' Wilson.
« Last Edit: Friday, December 14, 2012, 14:03:39 by Simon Pieman » Logged
Coca Fola

« Reply #44 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 14:03:24 »

I think it's unfair for him to demand medium/long term change to his liking if he doesn't plan on staying long. But by all means if he's in it for the long term..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: