Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Frustrated Di Canio lets fly in 20-minute rant  (Read 16260 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #45 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 14:07:24 »

I think it's unfair for him to demand medium/long term change to his liking if he doesn't plan on staying long. But by all means if he's in it for the long term..

Well the fact that he keeps saying he could have left but he will stay because he needs to finish the 'revolution' indicates to me that he wants to stay on.

I think the loss of Wray is massive in this respect. He and Paolo shared the same vision. Patey just seems to be a voice for investors who have realised they've sunk too much money into something which isn't going to return them any money. I'm starting to doubt we'll get worthy investment for a stadium redevelopment now either.

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 15:47:36 »

Benzel. Clearly you haven't read what ive said previously regarding the youth set up so pointless continuing a debate. I've no issue if the manager wants to change the youth set up. What he wants to do at stfc will cost money and goes  back to my point about his ways being sustainable. 
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 16:08:01 »

So what this boils down to is he's been told:

"No Paolo when we said you could have money for loans but that would mean there was nothing left for January, we meant it"

and

"No we're not going to sack the youth dept just because you say so, because we all know you're going to flounce out of here in a few months anyway and we'll have enough of a job replacing the first team backroom staff, thanks"

and he's gone all Kevin the Manager. "It's SO UNFAIR!!!! If you didn't want me, why did you even bother HAVING me??? I HATE YOU!!!! I'm going round to Perry's."

Man up, you big girl's blouse, and get on with the job.

It's interesting that the main anti PDC person on here sees it like this eh Paul ?

I interpret it something more like this :

The guy who was the "interim chairman" - who I was closest to outside the playing staff at the club - was roundly turned upon by the main money man (who incidently was supposed to be his best mate) and shoved out so the money man could bring another guy in - that left me feeling very frustrated and I could have walked at that point - but I didn't.  I decided that I had made a commitment to the club and I want to see it through, even if working with the new guy is more difficult than the close friend i had before.

I want to stay and see through the job, and I see the youth team as a big part of the set up in the future.  Therefore when I see it not being run in the way I think it should, I am going to say something about it.  Unfortunately as much as Paul B is a nice bloke he hasn't exactly set the world alight in terms of bringing players through to challenge for the first team - I believe someone else could do a better job.  Unfortunately history tells us this is true - Morrison, Jukewitz, Tozer, Storey and The Thompson brothers were all bought on through Budgies time here, and I think if we are serious as a club trying to reach the Championship and beyond, we need to massively improve our youth set up.

Sounds completely and utterly reasonable to me - unfortunately some people will choose to see otherwise.....

Wise men say........
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 16:17:34 »

I want to stay and see through the job, and I see the youth team as a big part of the set up in the future.  Therefore when I see it not being run in the way I think it should, I am going to say something about it.  Unfortunately as much as Paul B is a nice bloke he hasn't exactly set the world alight in terms of bringing players through to challenge for the first team - I believe someone else could do a better job.  Unfortunately history tells us this is true - Morrison, Jukewitz, Tozer, Storey and The Thompson brothers were all bought on through Budgies time here, and I think if we are serious as a club trying to reach the Championship and beyond, we need to massively improve our youth set up.

I just wish he would keep it to the confines of his office or the fucking boardroom, like any manager in any organisation should do and would do.

The lunatic is seriously getting on my tits now, and I have had enough of people massaging his fragile ego.

His plans are not sustainable, simple as that.

Jeremy Wray (nice guy that he is) did not have the bollocks to keep him on a short leash so was replaced by someone that would not pander to his every whim.

I completely get that

I have said it before and I will say it again, it will all end in tears and I suspect that will happen sometime during the January transfer window
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 16:26:20 »

It's interesting that the main anti PDC person on here sees it like this eh Paul ?
And if it was just me you might have a point there. But it's not is it?
Sounds completely and utterly reasonable to me - unfortunately some people will choose to see otherwise.....
As you put it, it sounds more reasonable, yes. If, as Fred said, expressed calmly and quietly behind closed doors. And without the "hostile environment" shit and implicit threats to flounce out. But as he did none of that, and instead used his weekly press conference to have yet another tantrum in public, it comes across as, well, less reasonable.

And the stuff with Bodin is increasingly coming across more and more as just a personal vendetta between the two of them.

As I (and others) have said before, isn't it time for Patey to start earning that salary and bang some heads together?

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 16:49:48 »

Sheepshagger.too much credit to byrne as he had little-nothing to do with some players you mention. Its not about the youth boss anyway its a collective effort. Kids will have a few coaches not 1.
If the boss has radical idea which will change things then he should get on with it. But the board clearly have had enough of the money being spent so it aint an open cheque book
« Last Edit: Friday, December 14, 2012, 16:55:20 by arriba » Logged
Paul Mason

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 17:11:09 »

"And the stuff with Bodin is increasingly coming across more and more as just a personal vendetta between the two of them."

Paul Bodin hasn't come out and said anything its Paolo doing all the shouting, it appears its Paolo who has the issue with Paul Bodin for some reason unknown to everyone bar Paolo.

People keep quoting Dave Byrne but although involved in the club never coached the apprentices on a daily basis

I personally don't think the Youth setup is as bad as people are making out on here and other websites, how many people know exactly what is spent on it or how it actually runs?
Flashheart

« Reply #52 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 17:21:10 »

Paolo speaks his mind.

BURN HIM
DMR

« Reply #53 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 17:24:37 »

Heh heh.. Only our fans could slate their manager for wanting to instill some discipline and professionalism. No wonder we are small time.

Throwing money we don't have around willy nilly doesn't exactly shout "discipline and professionalism" - I am getting sick and tired of this 'breath of fresh air' bollocks as well.

Shouting the odds in the press doesn't make him a revolutionary, it makes him a loudmouth.

Arriba summed it up best - PDC's wants outweigh our means. If you want an unlimited pit of money, he better get himself the Man City job.
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 17:38:50 »

Let's be really mediocre and shit again, and then moan that we appoint nobody's.
 I really wish we had players of the calibre of Royce Brownlie & Charlie Comyn-Platt again! :-)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 17:41:23 »

Paolo speaks his mind.

BURN HIM

There is a time and a place mate, shouting the odds in public to who ever will listen is certainly not the place and just smacks of an attention seeking 5 yr old
Flashheart

« Reply #56 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 17:51:19 »

If the main concern at the club is whether or not the manager should be saying stuff to the press then, in my opinion, things are looking pretty good.

Carry on saying whatever the fuck you like Paolo*

*Should it transpire his actions are harming the club I withhold my right as a football fan to be fickle and demand a stop to it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 17:52:40 »

Sheepshagger.too much credit to byrne as he had little-nothing to do with some players you mention.
To be fair to Budgie (and sheepshagger!) arriba, of the players ss mentioned, pretty sure he brought at least Morrison, Jukebox, Tozer and the Thompsons with him from Plymouth didn't he? (And Ben Joyce come to that?)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 17:53:28 »

And by way of some perspective that, as FH points out, things could be much much worse:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20728701
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 17:55:42 »

I really wish we had players of the calibre of Royce Brownlie & Charlie Comyn-Platt again! :-)

Yeah

they were far worse than

Easyjet
both Rooneys
Bessoni
Cox
Risser
Lanzano
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: