Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Brentford FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36936 times)
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:31:02 »

I thought Ritchie was decent. More of a threat than anyone else and swung in a few nice balls (Martins second half header for one).

Roberts was abysmal. Think there's more to come from Hollands when he gets a few games under his belt and Martin looks useful too. We looked solid at the back. Think Brentford just did a number on us. Killed the game well.

Loved it when Paolo ran in the pitch and sliced the ball!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:31:22 »

Oh and wasn't it Rooney that missed that header? Our best chance of the whole game. 

Was it? Could have sworn it was Martin.

In that case, fucking hell Rooney, I would have scored that.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:31:43 »

So much for pushing on from Saturday.  Another utterly pathetic home performance, particularly second half.

Yet again far too many aimless long balls.  We were generally disorganised, clueless from corners, clueless from free kicks and clueless from throw ins.  

Stupid time to replace Collins with Storey, we're defending a sodding free kick, players switch off while the sub is made and they subsequently scored as a result.  Should have taken Martin off anyway.

Hollands offered nothing in midfield and not sure why Ferry was replaced instead of him.  Ferry and Bostock played well together on Saturday, why change it?  Replacing Roberts with Rooney was also a complete waste of a sub.

Brentford had no stand out players, but were better organised and closed our players down well.
Nothing particularly positive to take from tonight.  Utter crap.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:33:08 »

I thought it was Martin. And so did the bloke behind told that "fucking useless fat cunt" to "fuck off back to Norwich".

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:33:09 »

Was definitely Martin. Can't mistake that rotund shape!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:33:47 »

The atmosphere was poor as well except for a good 5-10 minute spell of We are Paolo's Red and White army 'STFC', I blame us shooting 2nd half towards the Stratton Bank, FFS kick towards the Town End 2nd half if it is us winning the toss and changing ends!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:34:33 »

Wes and back 4 decent except distribution. Everyone else wank. Martin bar one shot played with his back to goal and created next to nothing. Paolos subs were terrible, Collins looked much more lively than martins. Rooney on for Roberts?! Is he having a laugh! Atleast put storey on the wing or da vita. Pissed off.

I'm sure he knows what he is doing but aside from mccormack's superb move from midfield
To defence, Paolo's minor insistence on playing people out of position is a bit annoying. Tah at midfield was almost a sick joke and why won't he give rafa more time on the wing? Surely Adam Rooney is wasted there?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:34:38 »

Nothing particularly positive to take from tonight.  Utter crap.

Oxford drew with Barnet, and Rovers took a hammering and are a point above the trapdoor to the non league. Plus a lot of teams around us only drew too.

Every cloud.
Dozno9

« Reply #278 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:34:58 »

Wrong subs today without doubt, as Lucien says the Rooney sub was madness De Vita should have come on and for me should start, Roberts is pretty dire at the moment.

Two tight banks of 4 from them and ran the game out very well, we seem not to have a plan B apart from putting a defender up front.

Still in the playoffs so not all bad but Paolo needs to start reading up on tactical play because it's not the first time we've not been able to break down a mediocre opposition.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:38:01 by Azza » Logged
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:35:55 »

Re-listened to the bits that I could:

- Basically said that several players let him down. They weren't focussed and didn't perform. We were on top without doing anything special but we didn't put our chances away.
- He praised Thompson and didn't criticise him for the mistake that cost the goal and the game
- Criticised mentality and mental toughness of the team. Some haven't learned how to be resilient while others are showing that they don't have the capacity. If we don't score early their heads drop
- He talked about players who had been relegated and spent a year in the bottom division. They improved a little but are not currently top league one players (Possibly Ferry & Ritchie from context). They need to toughen up and put in more effort. They are good players, but if they can't toughen up, they have no chance of making it at the next level
- The way we lost made him angry. We aren't going to give up, but its obvious that the players at the club need to develop before we can be consistent and successful in this division. Teams come to the County Ground and fight harder for their points than in L2. Opposition players are more experienced and determined.
- Some Swindon players are weak with their desire and ambition. Our tactics are right, but our application isn't always there. We will analyse again and try to highlight areas to the player where they can improve
- Not close to bring someone else in. He does want to bring someone in as he is very disappointed with one player who is showing no commitment, no heart and no desire. He wouldn't elaborate as to who it was, but Wise asked whether it was a winger. PDC said 'You said that'. This seemed to imply that it was Roberts, but it could equally have been Ritchie from the context of the rest of the interview.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:36:11 »

Should have buried it. Never mind.
STFCforeigner

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:41:06 »

Re-listened to the bits that I could:

- Basically said that several players let him down. They weren't focussed and didn't perform. We were on top without doing anything special but we didn't put our chances away.
- He praised Thompson and didn't criticise him for the mistake that cost the goal and the game
- Criticised mentality and mental toughness of the team. Some haven't learned how to be resilient while others are showing that they don't have the capacity. If we don't score early their heads drop
- He talked about players who had been relegated and spent a year in the bottom division. They improved a little but are not currently top league one players (Possibly Ferry & Ritchie from context). They need to toughen up and put in more effort. They are good players, but if they can't toughen up, they have no chance of making it at the next level
- The way we lost made him angry. We aren't going to give up, but its obvious that the players at the club need to develop before we can be consistent and successful in this division. Teams come to the County Ground and fight harder for their points than in L2. Opposition players are more experienced and determined.
- Some Swindon players are weak with their desire and ambition. Our tactics are right, but our application isn't always there. We will analyse again and try to highlight areas to the player where they can improve
- Not close to bring someone else in. He does want to bring someone in as he is very disappointed with one player who is showing no commitment, no heart and no desire. He wouldn't elaborate as to who it was, but Wise asked whether it was a winger. PDC said 'You said that'. This seemed to imply that it was Roberts, but it could equally have been Ritchie from the context of the rest of the interview.

Nice one.

Think PDC should start looking at his tactical decisions, before blaming underachieving players.. As someone else said, seems like we're lacking a plan B when things don't go as planned..
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:41:51 »

Thanks for condensing that down Nomoreheroes, good work
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:42:25 »

Danny Hollands:
- Apart from their goal they had no chances
- First half we had numerous chances but we faded in 2nd half
- Didn't have any luck. Talked about Chris Martin's chance
- Brentford came with a game plan. Yeovil were open but Brentford parked the bus
- disappointment for the team. Will review the dvd
- Nice to play 90 mins but not happy with result
- Need to improve and win our home games

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:42:59 »

Should have buried it. Never mind.

Was definitely Martin.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: