Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Brentford FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36954 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:04:09 »

Paolo, doesnt sound incandescent with rage.  Ive no idea what he's saying but he seems to be saying it relatively calmly.

Never knowingly overstated.
gingernuggets

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:09:25 »

He's pretty much saying that we've got too many naive players for League 1 whereas a lot of opponents have grizzled journeymen who can grind out results at this level. Although I'm sure NMH will put me right.
gingernuggets

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:11:22 »

He's gone to town on 1 player saying he's very disappointed with him and will look to replace with a loan. My money's on Roberts.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:13:47 »

PDC interview sounding down:
(Missed some as it cut out)
- Sad for Thompson. It was one mistake and they scored
- He gave his best but all the players didnt do the same
- Need to show desire and ambition
- We had an opportunity to remain close to the top....
- Going to analyse the game but it was clear that some players...
- Didnt lack creativity tonight. Created chances
- Not happy as we didnt perform in the way we could
- It was a difficult game as they came to defend. They then capitalised on 1 chance
- We can play attacking football but if we dont score we seem to lose confidence
- Brentford is a better team than Yeovil, which is why the result was different
- Even playing like we did we had more chances. But, didnt put them away
- Not easy to change all the players that he wanted to.
- Then something about being unhappy with 3-4 players who had been with him for a couple of years
- Cant improve all of the players, especially those who have been playing in relegation teams rather than bring top players at the top of league 1
- PDC wants the players to toughen up
- Finishing in top 8 would still be a miracle as the majority of players still have a lot to learn
- Talked about physical condition of players coming in. They will improve but are not firing on all cylinders yet
- PDC wont give up
-6 teams have won at County ground because the players heads drop if everything doesnt go right to begin with. Also, teams are coming to get a result rather than rolling over
- Something about a player who was a chihuahua and turning into a rotweiller....

Sorry guys. Best I could do tonight.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:15:04 »

He's gone to town on 1 player saying he's very disappointed with him and will look to replace with a loan. My money's on Roberts.

Agreed. I've been disappointed with him as well.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:17:03 »

Let's hope he's a better loan signing than Hollands (based on tonight's performance)

Cats are better than dogs FACT
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:17:45 »

Lack of creativity and urgency against a team who set up for a point. We seem to seriously struggle against teams who come here, pack the midfield and (inevitably) get the breakaway goal. I didn't feel the performance was as dire as Orient/Col U but compared to Saturday it was bollocks. Brentford well organised side who also knew how to play the game (time wasting, looking for fouls etc) and it just felt like whilst we were chasing the game we wouldn't have scored all night. I have to say Roberts was pathetic and it's time Raffa got a go once again.

Very frustrating and disappointing after Saturday.

#VivaKenBarlow!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:22:36 »

There wasn't much between the teams. We missed our chances, they took one of theirs. Then they killed the game expertly, as frustrating as it was fair play to them for that.

While we had a couple of chances, aside from the last 10 minutes of the first half we struggled to break them down like we did against Colchester et al.

Roberts was absolute gash tonight. Needs to find form and fast. Martin and Collins are too similar for my liking, neither have much pace either. Hollands was OK, probably more combative but not got Bostock's touch on the ball.

Not quite sure what happened for the goal. We lost it and it was played forward to their #9, who got between 2 defenders. Not sure I'd blame Thompson specifically, but will no doubt be corrected by a replay.

Aside from a dodgy 10 minutes in the second half McEveley was excellent.

edit: oh and fucking hell Martin, I'd have scored that header Smiley
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:24:51 by Batch » Logged
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:22:48 »

Very disappointing tonight. Thought we had turned the corner at home after Saturday but again we struggled to get going. We were actually marginally better in the first half in my opinion but we didn't create too much going forward. There was the 5 minute spell before half time where we turned the screw and at HT I thought we could go on to win it.

But in the 2nd half we lost it. We just seemed to back off and they capitalised in the first 10 minutes and then got the goal. They were very good at the back, they have to get credit for that, and I thought they were better than us in midfield as well. Our final ball was shocking tonight as well which was frustrating. Brentford deserved it in the end.

It's amazing how much better we seem to play when Williams is fit and starts. When he's out we just seem to lack anything decent going forward. He's becoming such a key player for us. I really hope he can stay fit when he comes back.

All in all another poor performance from us at home but on reflection we are still moulding together as a team and one or 2 are still settling into the side. I still think we'll come good and when we do we'll be hard to stop. Much like we were last season.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:22:54 »

18 th, Oxford United, Played 19, 21 Points Pint

welshred

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:24:21 »

Took my second game of the season in tonight. My first was Col U.

For everyone's sake, I don't think I'll go again!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:25:36 »

Nnnggghhh... frustrating again. Had a 10 minute spell in the first half which we needed and should/could have scored in, then proceeded to look devoid of ideas for the rest of the game. I think on reflection, a draw was a fair result, but they nicked it with one of their very few clear chances.

Points of note:
 - We got to see a foul throw!
 - Why did it take so long for the ref to book their 'keeper for time wasting when he was happy to book their sub for walking off at a leisurely pace?
 - Gary Roberts is still awful. When his terrible first touch doesn't fail, his second touch (a pass or cross) usually will.
 - Thought Bostock for Hollands looked a better substitution to make at the time, and still do
 - Chris Martin took dogs abuse from a lot of people sat around me - i thought this was harsh. He was our best striker today, and when the ball wasn't hoofed to him, he had some nice touches, created a couple of chances, and got in to good positions. Looks intelligent.
 - Rooney left wing? Massive error, assumed de Vita wasn't on the bench - turns out he was. Should have come on for Roberts.
 - Ward and Devera looked solid again, not sure what happened for the goal.
 - Ritchie largely ineffective again, as were the majority of set pieces

Think that covers it.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:28:36 »

Wes and back 4 decent except distribution. Everyone else wank. Martin bar one shot played with his back to goal and created next to nothing. Paolos subs were terrible, Collins looked much more lively than martins. Rooney on for Roberts?! Is he having a laugh! Atleast put storey on the wing or da vita. Pissed off.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:28:51 »

Wish we would see more of De Vita. He's been pretty good this season and yet Roberts seems to walk into the side despite being largely average. McCormack is a big miss at the back as well. He just brings the calmness and vocals that others don't.

Nice to see Paolo go all Andy King at the end and chuck Ward upfront. First time i've seen him throw the kitchen sink at it when we we've been behind in the last few minutes.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:30:06 »

Oh and wasn't it Rooney that missed that header? Our best chance of the whole game. 
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: