Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Brentford FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36953 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 10:54:31 »

If I was being mischievous, i'd suggest that so many of our fanbase have very little going on in their lives, so reserve such vitriol for these players to give themselves a break from the mundane and a sense of purpose.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 10:58:30 by Bogus Dave » Logged

Things get better but they never get good
arkellsboi

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 10:56:43 »

If I was being mischievous, i'd suggest that so many of our fanbase have very little going on in their lives, so reserve such vitriol for these players to give themselves a break from the mundane and give themselves a sense of purpose.

Oh, no he di'int!
Dozno9

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 10:59:37 »

And while I'm up here on my soapbox, I don't understand why football fans are always so desperate to remember only the worst aspects of a clubs recent history through the conduit of ex-players and managers instead of the best (as evidenced recently in the outpourings of negativity towards Austin/ Wilson and now Douglas, with whom we shared one of the best seasons in recent history). Isn't being a lower league supporter miserable enough most of the time without foregrounding the inglorious failures of our recent past rather than than using these peoples return to remember our successes?

I comment on the good and the bad. I didn't give any shit to Wilson or Austin but when players like Douglas leave the club he's just help relegate with his dire, pathetic perfomances then takes the piss on Twitter it kind of leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

I remember the good days of Wilson et al with fondness but that's not to say I should therefore use those memories to cover up the shite players and managers we've had.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 11:02:42 »

And if IIRC, Douglas 'taking the piss' was as a response to town fans giving him 'banter' (eurgh).

If you can't take it, don't give it.

Things get better but they never get good
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 11:07:07 »

Oh I don't blame him at all for that but he should not say he wasn't offered a new contract when apparently he was but chose against signing it.

Fair enough JJ,

But would people on here have felt the same 'vitriol' if he had come out and said that?

It seems to be that there are some people who just seem to think it unacceptable that players might actually want to leave STFC.

And wishing injury on him? I personally think thats way OTT, but each to their own.

I kind of have to agree to what Dave says in some ways!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
kerry red

« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 11:07:28 »

So someone should chuck a bottle at him and see if he is, indeed, a bottler.

Just hope one of our players doesn't see fit to give him a 'Beauchump' type welcome and get given a red.

3 points for the taking

As for wondering what Swindon (in front of goal) will turn up - well we have scored 10 goals in the last 4 league games.

None too shabby
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 11:08:18 »

I think we need DMR to liven up proceedings here!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 11:10:34 »

Fuck Douglas

While I would not wish an injury on anybody I couldn't give a flying one if he gets stick. In fact, I hope that Tans throws a burger at him.

3 points for STFC is far more important than any player, especially a player that no longer plays for us.
ojdhaze

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 11:12:30 »

If we play our own game then its gonna be a long night for Brentford. 4-0/1
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 11:14:41 »

I don't think him moving to Brentford was why our fans are pissed off at him but because he said throughout that summer that he wanted to stay with us and then left at the first opportunity.

He was part of our most successful season in 10 years then our worst season in 10 years the year after.

I won't boo him or cheer him, time has moved on, exciting times for us. Who gives a shit.
Dozno9

« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 11:16:06 »

I won't boo him or cheer him, time has moved on, exciting times for us. Who gives a shit.

I do, but then my life is mundane without purpose.
DMR

« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 11:16:55 »

If I was being mischievous, i'd suggest that so many of our fanbase have very little going on in their lives, so reserve such vitriol for these players to give themselves a break from the mundane and a sense of purpose.

Jumping Jack Christ if I said this I'd get dogs abuse. Football fans, as a rule, are a bunch of sadcases.

That said I do hope JD get's a bit of grief.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 11:18:57 »

I wouldn't want Douglas to get injured against us thats just pathetic but all I do want is that he doesn't play one of his better games against us and has a quiet game and we win.

He has moved on now and so have we. For the record I do think he could pretty much walk into our first team this season its just a shame that HE decided to leave us and not stick around because with hindsight he didn't have a great season with Brentford last year (yes he got player of the season but Brentford struggled so he would have done better to have stayed with us and had some success and a League winners medal and a trip to Wembley instead).

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Dozno9

« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 11:20:54 »

I wonder if we'll start Hollands today, I can't see Bostock or Ferry sticking close to Douglas.
kerry red

« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 11:24:33 »

Fuck me - he aint Paul Scholes.

He's an average lower league midefield player with a just above average League 1 club.

Just dont anyone buy any lucky heather from him
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: