Pages: 1 ... 405 406 407 [408] 409 410 411 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1630352 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6105 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 10:01:02 »

Were Bristol City giving out free scarfs for tonight game?  Hmmm

Because they are all wearing the same style scarf!  Zipped

I noticed that. I watched the last half an hour or so. Thought BCFC played really well and the atmosphere sounded electric. In the end the class and quality of Man City shone through. Have to say Ashton Gate did look impressive full last night.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6106 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 13:53:16 »

So, Khan gets 5 games for a shove and this Charlton player gets a yellow card for a swinging punch

https://twitter.com/J_swfc1867/status/1630675258473586692
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6107 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 13:56:02 »

So, Khan gets 5 games for a shove and this Charlton player gets a yellow card for a swinging punch

https://twitter.com/J_swfc1867/status/1630675258473586692

Khan got 5 games because it was a repeat offence (the retrospective counts as a red, on top of previous).
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #6108 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 13:58:31 »

Khan got 5 games because it was a repeat offence (the retrospective counts as a red, on top of previous).

But he got a retrospective red card for a shove, whereas the Charlton player got a yellow for throwing a punch, and because he got a card from the ref it won’t be changed.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6109 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 14:10:16 »

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6110 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 14:22:04 »

But he got a retrospective red card for a shove, whereas the Charlton player got a yellow for throwing a punch, and because he got a card from the ref it won’t be changed.

Not saying the Charlton one is right, saying the Khan one is not wrong - he got 5 games for more than one thing.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #6111 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 14:41:17 »

Not saying the Charlton one is right, saying the Khan one is not wrong - he got 5 games for more than one thing.

The 5 game ban is mandatory for a third red card, just questioning whether it should have been a red, considering the two incidents since, yellow cards in the Spurs/Chelsea and now for Charlton
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6112 on: Thursday, March 2, 2023, 06:43:50 »

Reading in line for a second points deduction
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6113 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2023, 00:42:01 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-64861231

Don't know the context of the fight and the persons involved but obviously no one should ever go to a football match and not come home.

Be careful out there lads, lasses and everyone else. As many will know, sometimes you don't even have to be ''involved'' to get caught up in something totally unprovoked.

The less said about those who go purely just for a punch up the better; never understood that kind of Darwin award mentality...maybe their lives are just that shit but there's definitely other ways of getting the adrenaline going; some of them should take up base jumping - without the parachute.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6114 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2023, 08:58:06 »

Be careful out there lads, lasses and everyone else. As many will know, sometimes you don't even have to be ''involved'' to get caught up in something totally unprovoked.

Was having a conversation about this yesterday with someone about not getting invloved.

Certainly if it kicks off in a pub I retreat to a safe distance/go elsewhere, though I could see you could easily get caught up accidentally.

But what about inside the ground? Would you say something if someone was being out of order (e.g. racist). The answer we all think we'd give is "yes, of course".

e.g. I was at Notts County a few years ago and it must have been around remembrance day. There was a group of our "specials" there and while I think the minutes silence was observed the rest of the proceedings were met with "Tommy Robinson" chants. I told them to shut the fuck up, a few minutes later a couple of hardy looking souls sat behind me - I don't know if they were part of the group of moving away from the group.

You'd hope pure racism (e.g.) would be less tolerated by the crowd

I still bottled it though and switched to 'football only' comments.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #6115 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2023, 09:58:37 »

When ‘flight or fight’ kicks in for me it’s always ‘flight’ that wins. Not much use really as I’m a big heavy guy! The only time I have experienced both at football was watching Coventry vs Spurs at Highfield Road in the 80s. Charged by Spurs fans, I, and hundreds others move swiftly from the halfway line away from the rampaging hordes. Then, we were stuck and couldn’t escape. I remember having a moment of clarity of purpose and pure rage. I turned and was ready to fight the world. It lasted a few seconds until I realised that those coming towards me were kids. I started walking back towards my seat  and came across ‘pwopper’ naughty boys fighting. I just sat down and let them get on with it - so pleased that I wasn’t part of it……Totally bizarre feelings that I didn’t like at the time, but have stuck in my mind for over 40 years!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6116 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2023, 10:39:10 »

I hate all the needless violence shit and it's sad when someone innocent ends up hurt or worse.

I got caught up in this.....

Not involved obviously,  just happened to get to the ground at the wrong moment. Best thing I could do in that situation, was to stand with my back against a wall. At least you can see what is coming at you. Especially those horses. It passed and I had to get through a police cordon, got grabbed by a copper but he realised I wasn't part of the problem. This was pre match.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6117 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2023, 15:11:52 »

That would have been a familiar scene outside the County Ground hotel / Burden Electronics in the mid 70's through to late 80's

So, give no fucks
Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #6118 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2023, 15:40:12 »

That would have been a familiar scene outside the County Ground hotel / Burden Electronics in the mid 70's through to late 80's
Don't forget Cudmore's shop. I took refuge in there on one occasion when Bristol City were in town !

"Still to find and still to follow. Joy in every hill and hollow. Company in solitude".
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #6119 on: Tuesday, March 7, 2023, 15:52:20 »

FA reject Northampton's appeal following their red against Crawley, video in tweet

https://twitter.com/ntfc/status/1633131634483503105?t=kYC4PR_LO27XslAqjT2-Tw&s=19

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 407 [408] 409 410 411 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: