Pages: 1 ... 397 398 399 [400] 401 402 403 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629456 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5985 on: Friday, December 16, 2022, 11:20:38 »

A watchalong in the legends lounge of the 2-1 win vs Oxford a few years ago

I don’t fault the energy and enthusiasm - but if another club did this (including those in yellow) we would pillory them for being tinpot and obsessed.

Things get better but they never get good
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #5986 on: Friday, December 16, 2022, 11:28:11 »

I don’t fault the energy and enthusiasm - but if another club did this (including those in yellow) we would pillory them for being tinpot and obsessed.

I’m glad someone has said it, was my thinking too.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5987 on: Friday, December 16, 2022, 11:52:05 »

Absolutely.

On another ‘if any other club did it’ note.
The whole Clem/Chairman allegedly agreeing a deal for Charlie Austin to sign (all rumours at this point admittedly) but if it was an other chairman at any other club agreeing a signing of any other player we’d be pelting them for being a tinpot mess with a chairman who wants to play real life football manager
& a manager who is obviously nothing more than an out of depth puppet.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5988 on: Friday, December 16, 2022, 14:09:15 »

Is that with special guest host Taylor Curran?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #5989 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 12:36:30 »

Rangers allocated three sides of the ground for their away cup tie at St Johnstone, and home fans being charged £30.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/4019329/st-johnstone-rangers-fans-angry-ticket-stands-mcdiarmid/
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5990 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 12:49:55 »

Rangers allocated three sides of the ground for their away cup tie at St Johnstone, and home fans being charged £30.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/4019329/st-johnstone-rangers-fans-angry-ticket-stands-mcdiarmid/

Would St Johnstone sell anymore though? Realistically Rangers are going to find a way to buy the empty seats anyway.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5991 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 12:53:52 »

Would St Johnstone sell anymore though? Realistically Rangers are going to find a way to buy the empty seats anyway.

Not really the point though from a fan perspective.  Its not like they are in a different league.

I suspect the salient point is "“After talks between both clubs and the police..". But again, did they do this for the league fixture?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5992 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 12:55:20 »

It is very wrong but StJ are making as much money from the tie as they can, guarenteed sell out which with a home average of 3,500 to sell out the full 10,700 without the risk of Rangers fans infiltrating any of the home stands and with them selling enough home seats to cover their home average.

Maximise profit and minimise any possible trouble.

I think in England we underestimate the gap between the haves (Celtic and Rangers) and the have nots (every other team) in terms of fanbase as I also expect the majority of the Rangers fans in attendance would live more than 25 miles from Perth anyway.

My best mate is a St Johnstone season ticket holder and he backs it as it makes the game less hassle for home fans and also gains them a decent income as the StJ fans do not expect to get any further than this game anyway.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5993 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 13:07:30 »

It is very wrong but StJ are making as much money from the tie as they can, guarenteed sell out which with a home average of 3,500 to sell out the full 10,700 without the risk of Rangers fans infiltrating any of the home stands and with them selling enough home seats to cover their home average.

Maximise profit and minimise any possible trouble.

I think in England we underestimate the gap between the haves (Celtic and Rangers) and the have nots (every other team) in terms of fanbase as I also expect the majority of the Rangers fans in attendance would live more than 25 miles from Perth anyway.

My best mate is a St Johnstone season ticket holder and he backs it as it makes the game less hassle for home fans and also gains them a decent income as the StJ fans do not expect to get any further than this game anyway.

Exactly this. They might be in the same league, but its like us facing City in the cup, apart from we won't fill our own end. What else would be expect the club to go other than give them a bigger allocation?
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #5994 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 13:11:03 »

Exactly this. They might be in the same league, but its like us facing City in the cup, apart from we won't fill our own end. What else would be expect the club to go other than give them a bigger allocation?
Exactly this, was just going to say we can’t really berate St Johnstone when we did the same thing against Man City last season.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #5995 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 13:14:28 »

No it's not. St J play in the same division and beat Rnagers in November.

Exactly this, was just going to say we can’t really berate St Johnstone when we did the same thing against Man City last season.

We increased the home allocation beyond the usual amount, rather than giving three sides to the away team. In terms of ticket prices, yes we did something similar. Not sure how many of the Rangers squad were involved at the World Cup though??
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5996 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 13:42:06 »

I'm still a bit pissed off at the ticket prices. The City team was at least a strong one.

We did however do as much as we could to ensure "home" fans got as many seats as possible and City only got the bank.
---
Remember that time we have the Town End to Pompey (?), that went down just as well
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5997 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 14:13:12 »

I'm confused. Isn't the 'issue' here that St Johnstone have potentially disregarded the thoughts of their own supporters and also negated their competitive advantage of a home cup tie by giving 3 sides of their stands to away supporters? Unfortunately I guess for a smaller club they have to look at monetising these things as much as possible but it must be galling for the Die Hard St J fan being squeezed into a stand and surrounded by opposition fans in your own back yard?

I'm not sure it's similar in any way as to what happened in the Cup against Man City unless I am totally missing something?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5998 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 14:14:33 »

I'm still a bit pissed off at the ticket prices. The City team was at least a strong one.

We did however do as much as we could to ensure "home" fans got as many seats as possible and City only got the bank.
---
Remember that time we have the Town End to Pompey (?), that went down just as well

Sunderland and Ipswich fans also got to use the Town End before didn't they? (JJ - your time to shine fella Smiley )

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5999 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 14:32:19 »

I'm confused. Isn't the 'issue' here that St Johnstone have potentially disregarded the thoughts of their own supporters and also negated their competitive advantage of a home cup tie by giving 3 sides of their stands to away supporters? Unfortunately I guess for a smaller club they have to look at monetising these things as much as possible but it must be galling for the Die Hard St J fan being squeezed into a stand and surrounded by opposition fans in your own back yard?

I'm not sure it's similar in any way as to what happened in the Cup against Man City unless I am totally missing something?

I wonder if they do this the other 12 times a season they play them
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 399 [400] 401 402 403 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: