Pages: 1 ... 377 378 379 [380] 381 382 383 ... 474   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1645177 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5685 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 12:11:10 »

And just an example of people using Whataboutery to attempt to defend/make something look better.

Racism is wrong, abusing an animal is wrong, why do the 2 things need to be compared, it's not a competition for fucks sake!

Completely agree, and yes I have been the victim of racism.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5686 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 12:13:57 »

Completely agree, and yes I have been the victim of racism.

What was said, done to you if you don't mind me asking? Having lived in Scotland for a lot of my young adult life I was called an English Prick, English Wanker, Sassenach etc etc but oddly at the time I never really took it on board as being racist, I suppose as it was generally in the pub watching football or rugby I just ignored it as 'banter' Thinking back it definitely was and I wonder if it would be so prevalent now rather than 20 or so years ago.
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 12:16:26 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5687 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 12:18:52 »

I can see how Antonio's point isn't especially well expressed, but I think he's fundamentally right.

Zouma should clearly face some sort of consequences legally and some sort of short-term footballing ban (and Antonio more or less says as much) but Antonio is reacting to people calling for him to never play again or to be sacked - that's not a realistic outcome here, but I'm sure the question will have been asked. When you compare that to the four game ban John Terry got, or the eight Suarez got, you can see why it might rankle.

More generally, if as a sport we don't want to see people playing whilst they're under investigation for charges relating to their non-footballing lives, that should probably be centrally enforced by the league. Expecting each club to make an individual moral judgement just seems like asking for trouble.
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 12:21:17 by Nemo » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5688 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 12:20:57 »

Quote from: horlock07
On a similar note social media seems awash with people rightly up in arms about this, however in a huge number of cases with a bit of delving same peoples timelines are also full of stuff about immigration and leaving people to drown in the channel. So for many it appears cats are more important than human beings?

Country has gone fucking mad!

You've only just noticed. The mob will have their way screener it's right or wrong.

this week I'm amazed Jimmy Carr hasn't been cancelled
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5689 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 12:22:52 »

What was said, done to you if you don't mind me asking? Having lived in Scotland for a lot of my young adult life I was called an English Prick, English Wanker, Sassenach etc etc but oddly at the time I never really took it on board as being racist, I suppose as it was generally in the pub watching football or rugby I just ignored it as 'banter' Thinking back it definitely was and I wonder if it would be so prevalent now rather than 20 or so years ago.

Attacked by North Africans in Lyon. Fists and verbals. That was one incident. No, it wasn't football related  Smiley
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5690 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 12:24:52 »

Attacked by North Africans in Lyon. Fists and verbals. That was one incident. No, it wasn't football related  Smiley

What did you do to rile them up so much?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5691 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 12:25:27 »

Zilch. Got followed out of the Metro.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5692 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 12:28:53 »

Zilch. Got followed out of the Metro.

Scary shit. Did they try and rob you, or was it just a case of roughing you up?

4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5693 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 12:32:17 »

Scary shit. Did they try and rob you, or was it just a case of roughing you up?

Verbals and kicks to the arse to try and get you to react, I did  Smiley
Was pretty nervy as I was only 20, my face ended up in a window of a restaurant where all the diners stopped eating and gawped at me  Grin
There were 4 or 5 of them, then random people ran to join in,  against us. There were 2 or 3 of us, plus my mates girlfriend  Roll Eyes
They ran off in the end, think somebody shouted they were calling the police, not that I understood.
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 12:35:17 by 4D » Logged
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #5694 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 14:25:58 »

On a similar note social media seems awash with people rightly up in arms about this, however in a huge number of cases with a bit of delving same peoples timelines are also full of stuff about immigration and leaving people to drown in the channel. So for many it appears cats are more important than human beings?

To many folk, animals are more important than people.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #5695 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 14:34:39 »

Verbals and kicks to the arse to try and get you to react, I did  Smiley
Was pretty nervy as I was only 20, my face ended up in a window of a restaurant where all the diners stopped eating and gawped at me  Grin
There were 4 or 5 of them, then random people ran to join in,  against us. There were 2 or 3 of us, plus my mates girlfriend  Roll Eyes
They ran off in the end, think somebody shouted they were calling the police, not that I understood.

My eldest son had a similar incident on the Paris metro a few years ago when he was studying at Uni there. He was speaking to some in English when a couple of French N. Africans tried mug/pickpocket his rucksack. Being fluent in French he gave them what for loudly enough to frighten them off.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5696 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 15:03:03 »

To many folk, animals are more important than people.

I suspect in this case more to do with origin than species!

Reminds me of a Smith & Jones skit (Showing my age) it was a mock up of a tabloid front page across which was splashed the headline (something like anyway - this is 30 odd years ago OTTOMH) 'British Man offended by comments made about his suit at Madrid airport' and then in really small writing in the bottom corner of the page there was a story about 500,000 people being killed in an earthquake in Africa.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5697 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 18:04:33 »

Don't Fuck With Cats

Remember this woman!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/oct/19/cat-bin-woman-mary-bale

So, give no fucks
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5698 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 19:03:06 »

She got more stick, plus death threats....

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5699 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 19:08:55 »

What a strange woman and did she lie about her age as she's an old 45 year old!

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 379 [380] 381 382 383 ... 474   Go Up
Print
Jump to: