Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chairman  (Read 61115 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 17:23:50 »

I personally am beginning to think that the change of chairman is not really that big a deal. If he can get more investment great and if he is better able to deal with the various parties, concerning redeveloping the CG, fine.
PdC prides himself on his 'professionalism', if that is indeed the case the change of chairman shouldn't cause any real concern, should it? Especially as the new chairman has stated that nothing, regarding targets and ambition, has changed.
Wray is a very likeable man, but just because he was chummy with supporters and got on well with PdC doesn't mean he was brilliant at his role. Surely there's more to the job than PR?

It's All Good..............
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 17:25:56 »

Reading Morshead's Q&A earlier, it was interesting (yet not wholly surprising to read the following:

"Phil Spencer has a big part to play in identifying players Town want to bring in and negotiating their transfers to Swindon Town."

Seeing that we paid a shitload in agent fees since Paolo turned up, is this not something that should be looked into? A scouting network that doesn't directly give PdC's mate a healthy payday would possibly be more effective, efficient, and better value for money.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 17:31:49 »

Reading Morshead's Q&A earlier, it was interesting (yet not wholly surprising to read the following:

"Phil Spencer has a big part to play in identifying players Town want to bring in and negotiating their transfers to Swindon Town."

Seeing that we paid a shitload in agent fees since Paolo turned up, is this not something that should be looked into? A scouting network that doesn't directly give PdC's mate a healthy payday would possibly be more effective, efficient, and better value for money.

I started a thread about this a while back about PS and his role at the CG. The cunts on here turned it into a thread about some prick off a C4 property show.

I was intrigued by his dual roles. If he represented any of the players we brought in and was brought about me choking when finding out we spent £500k on agent fees.

If seton wills had done something similar this place would have gone into fucking meltdown!!

Did we not employ some fella named ken Ryder or summat as scout? Or is he long gone?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 17:35:27 »

The agent fees published by the FL are those paid to players' agents, not the club's. I would imagine Spencer does it on more of a consultancy basis.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 17:36:52 »

Ah right... I wonder if he represented anyone we have signed? Like some of the dross from last summer (Obika, Esajas etc)

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 17:38:06 »

The agent fees published by the FL are those paid to players' agents, not the club's. I would imagine Spencer does it on more of a consultancy basis.

The club will have paid him as part of the di canio deals.
kerry red

« Reply #396 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 17:48:15 »

Surely it's PdC's job to identify players he wants - not an agent

Could explain why so much dross has come in and out again.

Seems we have to sign 5 turds to get one gem
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 17:49:52 »

No he didn't. It was just taken out of context.

"Redeveloping the stadium..... building a new stadium". It's just a slight of speech, it has since been repeated that redevelopment of the CG is the target.
Like I said BR, it was mentioned 'only very briefly'...I didn't read anything into it but the words did come out of his mouth. You can't say 'no they didn't' Roll Eyes
Flashheart

« Reply #398 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 18:04:25 »

Like I said BR, it was mentioned 'only very briefly'...I didn't read anything into it but the words did come out of his mouth. You can't say 'no they didn't' Roll Eyes

That really is splitting hairs.

I didn't even notice it the first time. I only noticed it when it was mentioned on here and thought "I didn't hear didn't say that". Although I am sure that was the original source of all the nonsense about no longer staying at the CG.

But hey ho. If people want utterly pointless off-tangent discussions then let them, I was just curious as to why people are still pursuing it.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 18:04:45 »

I'm sold, part 2 of SWP the interview should have come out yesterday on STFC Player. Seems genuine enough

- supplement and support what is already happening.
- want to build on the winning team
- priority to redevelop the County Ground
- Council ready to work with club
- Paolo is going nowhere, no plans to change manager
- Glad Swindon dont punt ball down the pitch and hope for the best
- Great Crowds and loyal fans and tweeting fans
- Wants club to expand with the Town, grow together
- will suppliment and support the squad and will see what they can do to help but embargo needs to be addressed.  
- bigger challenge coming into a club doing well than if club was struggling.
- Dont want to change winning team and fulfill ambitions that have already been set and not to stifle them.
There are a couple bits of diplomatic speak that I picked up on:
- Ground development and possibilities OVER THE COMING YEARS (Patey is working on a long term strategy)
- We want to realise the ambition and not stifle it (The ambition was Championship within 3 years - Not necessarily this year)
- Well, THERE IS SOME DEBT. (He emphasised this bit)  
- There is no intention ON OUR PART to replace the manager. (That doesn't mean that he wont walk. Also reminded everyone that Paolo has signed a 2 year contract)
- We WANT TO support him. (But that doesn't necessarily mean we will)
- WE ARE OBVIOUSLY IN A BIT OF A CONSTRAINT AT THE MOMENT. We will see what we can do to help that, BUT the embargo is not a technicality, its a serious issue AND WE HAVE TO ADDRESS THAT. (That is the ultimate in sitting on the fence - Addressing it leaves multiple options open)
- We have injuries. Any manager would want to supplement his squad to. We'll SEE WHAT WE CAN DO to help (Again, this could range from nowt to lots)

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Flashheart

« Reply #400 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 18:20:53 »

NMH. That's just over analysis on steroids mate Wink
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 18:59:14 »

Got a feeling PL and FL rules precludes any ground having a greyhound track incorporated.

Seems a sensible thing to do - have the lot up at Blunsdon, good road links, and a huge site.

But sense and footballing authorities don't go together well

Do I detect an element of self interst here?

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
kerry red

« Reply #402 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 19:02:26 »

Heh, heh!

Maybe 10 years ago when I lived in Blunsdon

Moving back in the New Year but into Rodbourne for a bit
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 20:28:29 »

NMH. That's just over analysis on steroids mate Wink

Maybe, but with diplomats you really have to listen to what they say.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 20:32:54 »

Did we not employ some fella named ken Ryder or summat as scout? Or is he long gone?

Long gone FCB, people said he was a very good scout but I think he went during the relegation season of 10/11 if not earlier!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: