Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chairman  (Read 61311 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 11:36:40 »

I think everyone's overlooking that this "statement" from the new guy begs more questions than it answers. All the platitudes about "seeking investment", "keeping up the good work", "working with the manager" blah blah are all very well but it's just words. Has no-one thought to ask the one very obvious thing that's not yet been mentioned? Just what exactly is Sir William Patey's favourite cheese? The omission is ominous and possibly points in the direction of a secret "Laughing Cow" shame

Even on Twitter Patey remains quiet on the cheese issue, perhaps if we trawl back through his evidence to the Iraq inquiry we may get the answer.

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 11:37:21 »

Don't think this has anything to do with new investment. More like to reign in the current way of spending at the club. Considering where we are in the league,they loose purse stings upto now, and the fact they are minted does make me wonder what's changed though?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 11:38:37 »

Even on Twitter Patey remains quiet on the cheese issue, perhaps if we trawl back through his evidence to the Iraq inquiry we may get the answer.
His silence on this is suspicious isn't it? Can only raise questions, I think he needs to come clean, even if there are Kraft triangle "incidents" in his past. It's best to get it out in the open
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 11:39:38 »

Continuing the wild speculation, am I the only one who wouldn't be delighted with crazy amounts of middle eastern/foreign investment?

I wouldn't like it either. Sure, there is Man City, but then there's Blackburn. Or Portsmouth. It's a huge risk for a club of our size. We can't grow too fast, because otherwise we risk losing everything.

I am really worried about Wray getting the boot. I'm incredibly cautious about someone coming in with no experience of football, as impressive as his pedigree is. I really want the board to make me look like a tit for being slightly worried, but with Wray leaving and no real answers or plans coming forth it leads to outrageous speculation and unrest. Surely if Sir Matey is so experienced as a diplomat he has some grasp of the importance of giving people information during a time of upheaval to stop idle speculation.

In a couple of months I want to look like a tit for being worried, I really do.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 11:40:18 »

Don't think this has anything to do with new investment. More like to reign in the current way of spending at the club. Considering where we are in the league,they loose purse stings upto now, and the fact they are minted does make me wonder what's changed though?
Enough is enough maybe? Or maybe they were just sick of the tail wagging the dog?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 11:44:51 »

We don't know what has been going on behind the scenes do we, thats why it irritated me that the advertiser stated that he had been dismissed 'at the drop of the hat'.

Our owners are not stupid and we have all seen the manner in which our manager has been slowly going round the bend over the last month or so, each time apparently without rebuke or being reined in. I wonder whether Mr Wray had possibly been given an ultimatum to stop this and possibly Paolo's continuing ramblings by itself made the position untenable.

In terms of foreogn ownership it all depends on who the person is and what wealth they have, until we know that its probably not worth speculating.
kerry red

« Reply #156 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 11:45:54 »

Whatever it is - there is still a game Saturday.

PdC is quiet - that's something to tell the grandchildren
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 11:47:00 »

So we now only have 2 members of the board that own the club Arbib & Black, Fitton resigned and now so has Wray.

So we now really need to know what Black's plans for the club are they the same as previous or is new investment needed to continue the plan

I'm sure Paolo will tell us though

Concered that the new guy has no experience in football though we suffered with Fitton at the start as he got to grips with everything and being naive
Flashheart

« Reply #158 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 11:47:24 »

PdC is quiet - that's something to tell the grandchildren

I imagine he's having a chat with the new boss.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 11:48:12 »

Bollocks to all this, I dont feel well and Im lounging on the sofa in my pyjamas with a duvet over me.  Whos going to bring me some boiled eggs whilst I watch fingerbobs.

Never knowingly overstated.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 11:49:37 »

I imagine he's having a chat with the new boss.
On a scale from "Bewildered" to "What the actual fuck?" quite how baffled do we think the new guy will be right about now?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 11:50:21 »

Concered that the new guy has no experience in football though we suffered with Fitton at the start as he got to grips with everything and being naive

Did Jezabel have any experience in football prior to here?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 11:51:49 »

On a scale from "Bewildered" to "What the actual fuck?" quite how baffled do we think the new guy will be right about now?

You would like to think that dealing with the political strife in Afghanistan, Sudan and Iraq would be a good grounding to dealing with Paolo...

Actually on second thoughts the guy hasnt got a chance!
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 11:52:08 »

If he's been out in Afghan he may like Kishmish Panir a sort of mozzarella with raisins
kerry red

« Reply #164 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 11:52:43 »

Aint many clubs where a change of chairman brings on a meltdown.

I have got the impression lately, that many on here wouldn't be slashing their wrists quite so much if PdC was to leave.

He's going to go some time - as all managers do - I always had the feeling he'd be gone before I got to move back!!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: