Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chairman  (Read 61380 times)
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 10:43:52 »

So we're assuming Andrew Black has asked him to resign because of what?

Over expenditure?
PDC?
Not attracting alternate investment?
Not managing ground redevelopment?

Pure guesswork, but I would imagine he has tried to back PdC to get extra investment to lift embargo and the rest of the board have said no.

Hope they get the new guy on the radio ASAP to outline his/Andrew Black's vision for going forward.

Will the club have to repay loans to Wray? (Again just assuming Wray has invested in the club in the form of loans)

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 10:47:00 »

I dont think Wray owns a lot of the holding company. Its mainly Black and Sir Martin Arbib i believe.
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 10:47:44 »

Pure guesswork, but I would imagine he has tried to back PdC to get extra investment to lift embargo and the rest of the board have said no.

Hope they get the new guy on the radio ASAP to outline his/Andrew Black's vision for going forward.

Will the club have to repay loans to Wray? (Again just assuming Wray has invested in the club in the form of loans)

If he does have loans outstanding, I bet they are earning a higher rate of interest than if the cash was sitting at the bank. He may be happy for the club to keep paying that interest.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 10:51:31 »

So we're assuming Andrew Black has asked him to resign because of what?

Over expenditure?
PDC?
Not attracting alternate investment?
Not managing ground redevelopment?

Playing footsie under the boardroom table. Final straw came when he touched Black's thigh while "reaching for that pen I just dropped".
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 10:55:58 »

Am I right in believing the new chairman is a sweatie?
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 10:57:18 »

Has anyone ventured onto Thisis or the Facebook page? I daren't look on days like this.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 11:22:15 »

ADVERTISER CHIEF SPORTS WRITER SAM MORSHEAD: "So, Jeremy Wray confirms what many may already have thought - that he was replaced as chairman at the request of majority shareholder Andrew Black.

"That he viewed it as 'inappropriate' to then remain on the board makes plenty of sense. Here is a man who has dedicated himself to a voluntary role for 18 months only to be moved on at the drop of a hat.

"His contriution to the cause was infallible and his commitment unflinching.

"What Sir William Patey says in his statement, which is hugely encouraging, is his blueprint to bring in outside investment to support the redevelopment of the County Ground.

"It's a busy old day at SN1."
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 11:23:51 »

Hmmm. Wasn't expecting to see this.

Wray has been brilliant for the club over the last 18 months, sad to see him pushed out but there must reasons behind it.

Continuing the wild speculation, am I the only one who wouldn't be delighted with crazy amounts of middle eastern/foreign investment?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 11:29:46 »

Why do we need new investment so badly? One can only assume Black has had enough of funding the club. This to me is a little bit worrying.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 11:30:35 »

I think everyone's overlooking that this "statement" from the new guy begs more questions than it answers. All the platitudes about "seeking investment", "keeping up the good work", "working with the manager" blah blah are all very well but it's just words. Has no-one thought to ask the one very obvious thing that's not yet been mentioned? Just what exactly is Sir William Patey's favourite cheese? The omission is ominous and possibly points in the direction of a secret "Laughing Cow" shame
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 11:31:10 »

Continuing the wild speculation, am I the only one who wouldn't be delighted with crazy amounts of middle eastern/foreign investment?
Me neither, said this a few pages back. Be extremely careful what you wish for would be my view.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 11:32:46 »

Why do we need new investment so badly? One can only assume Black has had enough of funding the club. This to me is a little bit worrying.

Haven't we been looking for investment for a while? I assumed that was the reason for the share changes agreed at the AGM

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Barry Scott

« Reply #147 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 11:34:55 »

I think everyone's overlooking that this "statement" from the new guy begs more questions than it answers. All the platitudes about "seeking investment", "keeping up the good work", "working with the manager" blah blah are all very well but it's just words. Has no-one thought to ask the one very obvious thing that's not yet been mentioned? Just what exactly is Sir William Patey's favourite cheese? The omission is ominous and possibly points in the direction of a secret "Laughing Cow" shame

I have it on good authority that it's not quite that bad, although that's entirely up for debate. It's Primula. The prawn flavoured one.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 11:35:44 »

Certainly not.

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=41995.msg903203#msg903203

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=37102.msg772167#msg772167

But I doubt very much that investors from the Middle East would be falling over themselves to invest in a club like ours anyway.
Dirk Diggler

« Reply #149 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 11:35:58 »

Me neither, said this a few pages back. Be extremely careful what you wish for would be my view.

Haven't seen you post so many replies since PDC was appointed. Not a criticism but I get the impression that you are more interested in the politics of football rather than what actually goes on the pitch
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: