Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 4 on the bounce  (Read 5634 times)
hobodan

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 10:57:23 »

I detest all this Oxford v Swindon shit - all the hype, the moronic, witless, homourless 'banter' on both sides.* I'll be delighted if we don't play them again for the next 10 years.

losing doesn't help of course

Pretty much feel the same - especially all the boring bullshit the tinternet warriors like to push (aka John lennon), anyone who thinks throwing coins indiscriminatly into a crowd of people etc and posturing behind female stewards & police makes them 'hard' is the complete opposiite.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 11:38:26 »

Pretty much feel the same - especially all the boring bullshit the tinternet warriors like to push (aka John lennon), anyone who thinks throwing coins indiscriminatly into a crowd of people etc and posturing behind female stewards & police makes them 'hard' is the complete opposiite.

Maybe he wanted to give 2p s a chance?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 11:45:36 »

Let's see who has the last laugh come the end of the season
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 11:47:14 »

Oxford fan on SSN before the game: "Swindon got promoted but we did the double over them and that's all that matters."

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 11:57:45 »

To be honest if we'd just beaten them 4 times on the bounce I'd be ecstatic.

Not sure why, but I'm not gutted this morning. The whole thing has been strangely low key for an Ox v Swindon game. Perhaps I'd have felt more bothered had we won?!

Strangely I feel the same as well, largely I think because I'm more annoyed by the fact that despite living relatively close to the Kebab, it makes for a harder away day for me travel wise than say Birmingham City or...er...Norwich.

Add to that the incompetence of TVP who clearly didn't have a clue and thought the answer to copious town fans wanting just to go home was to launch horses at them, I'll be glad to never frequent that tin-pot shit hole of a ground again.

But comfort can be had that, by their reaction, we are indeed their cup final despite their denials. They bothered to get tooled up with laser pens and smoke bombs and they celebrated the goal as if they had won the lottery, WW1, WW2, Premier League, Champions league all rolled into one.

Thus their season's already over - they've won their cup final. Meanwhile we keep calm and carry on.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 12:01:09 »

Oxford fan on SSN before the game: "Swindon got promoted but we did the double over them and that's all that matters."

Good to see they prefer beating us to progressing up the leagues.
Spud

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 12:10:41 »

That sums them up. Happy to sit in the basement league forever!
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 12:27:20 »

That sums them up. Happy to sit in the basement league forever!

I would hate to be oxford fan, if all they care about is beating us, and having no ambition to climb through the leagues. I wouldn't mind losing to city/rovers/oxford/reading if it meant we could win a league/cup/promotion.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: