Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your views on the news  (Read 23975 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 19:13:41 »

Couple of interesting stories today.

First of all Julian Assange. Have to say I'm in favour of letting the bloke go to Ecuador, think he's in danger of being royally stitched up by us, the Swedes and the yanks. Also I believe these charges in Sweden have already been rejected in Sverige once, so why are they investigating again - haven't heard there's new evidence.

Second of all - Mr Nicklinson. Let the poor bastard die with some dignity. Yes we have to be careful to give people power to 'kill' someone, but his life must be terrible. On a case by case basis I don't see why the courts couldn't give the go ahead to let him slip away with family and friends close by.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 19:15:59 »

Knowing how our government take it up the arse from the yanks at every possible opportunity, Assange would be on the first plane if we did get him into custody.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 20:02:31 »

I have no opinion on Assange, but think Nicklinson should be allowed his wish to end his misery and suffering with dignity. His reaction to the verdict was heartbreaking.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 20:04:47 »

I have no opinion on Assange, but think Nicklinson should be allowed his wish to end his misery and suffering with dignity. His reaction to the verdict was heartbreaking.
agree with the above
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 20:13:29 »

First of all Julian Assange. Have to say I'm in favour of letting the bloke go to Ecuador, think he's in danger of being royally stitched up by us, the Swedes and the yanks. Also I believe these charges in Sweden have already been rejected in Sverige once, so why are they investigating again - haven't heard there's new evidence.

Second of all - Mr Nicklinson. Let the poor bastard die with some dignity. Yes we have to be careful to give people power to 'kill' someone, but his life must be terrible. On a case by case basis I don't see why the courts couldn't give the go ahead to let him slip away with family and friends close by.

You having a laugh?

Seriously why would an innocent man want to run to fucking Equador....if he has done nothing wrong then stay and face the music....like we all have to.

For me it just shows the ludicrous system at its best with regards Embasy's.....they should be for nationals of that country in distress.....what next,Al Quida popping into the Pakistan Embasy after one of there bombs was planted by someone else accidently on purpose.

If this guy is innocent then i suggest he stays around to prove it.
Coca Fola

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 20:15:16 »

Fun fact of the day, Ecuador means equator in Spanish.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 20:17:19 »

Fun fact of the day, Ecuador means equator in Spanish.

In the 1990's, Ecuador meant Sash! in Eurodance.

Coca Fola

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 20:21:34 »

3 minutes of my life I can't get back.  Sad
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 20:23:25 »

3 minutes of my life I can't get back.  Sad

Wrong....drink less alcohol...eat more healthy....you should get them back.

If you want them that badly that is Grin
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 20:27:05 »

You having a laugh?

Seriously why would an innocent man want to run to fucking Equador....if he has done nothing wrong then stay and face the music....like we all have to.

For me it just shows the ludicrous system at its best with regards Embasy's.....they should be for nationals of that country in distress.....what next,Al Quida popping into the Pakistan Embasy after one of there bombs was planted by someone else accidently on purpose.

I think the sex assault charges have nothing to do with his fears.

Unless you're saying he should 'stay around' to try and fight the US authorities? In which case I'd say your advice isn't the best I've ever heard.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 20:30:07 »

That's because he's being extradited to Sweden under the EU Arrest Warrant - you don't need new charges, in fact you can just make them up as has happened in the past

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Flashheart

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 20:37:51 »

You having a laugh?

Keep up at the back.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 20:38:39 »

I think the sex assault charges have nothing to do with his fears.

Unless you're saying he should 'stay around' to try and fight the US authorities? In which case I'd say your advice isn't the best I've ever heard.

EH?.....what is with all the anti USA bollocks.....like millions of us if he is wanted for a crime regardless of whether he is guilty or not you do it through the proper channels.

He dont have to fight anything....just answer the questions in a court of law......isn't that what democracy is all about.

I mean Equador's record on human rights is abysmal.....makes the US look almost angelic in fact.

And i wasn't giving him advice Jan....fact is a person who is innocent would not run away.....they would want to shout from the rooftops on how innocent they were....not squirm in a country that wouldn't know justice if it was thrown at them.

http://www.hrw.org/americas/ecuador

Not great reading so slagging the US off is rather rich in my book.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 20:39:38 »

EH?.....what is with all the anti USA bollocks.....like millions of us if he is wanted for a crime regardless of whether he is guilty or not you do it through the proper channels.

He dont have to fight anything....just answer the questions in a court of law......isn't that what democracy is all about.

I mean Equador's record on human rights is abysmal.....makes the US look almost angelic in fact.

And i wasn't giving him advice Jan....fact is a person who is innocent would not run away.....they would want to shout from the rooftops on how innocent they were....not squirm in a country that wouldn't know justice if it was thrown at them.

http://www.hrw.org/americas/ecuador

Not great reading so slagging the US off is rather rich in my book.

wtf?Huh?
Flashheart

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 20:40:23 »

Leefer

I think you need to do some googling.

'wikileaks' would be a good place to start.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: