Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 ... 181   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 737721 times)
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #1470 on: Saturday, May 31, 2014, 18:36:02 »

This muppet??

https://vine.co/v/MpBnt75QD3m

Well-meaning for sure, badly executed. Amazed to see him running alongside again a few minutes later. Time to turn that jersey inside out and do a runner!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1471 on: Saturday, May 31, 2014, 18:43:11 »

This muppet??

https://vine.co/v/MpBnt75QD3m

Well-meaning for sure, badly executed. Amazed to see him running alongside again a few minutes later. Time to turn that jersey inside out and do a runner!

What the fuck was Rui Costa doing there anyway!

seriously though anyone in the world champions jersey is a bit of a tit to start with!
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #1472 on: Sunday, June 1, 2014, 17:26:52 »

Well done to WebberHyde for winning the fantasy Giro competition. Prize is on it's way.
horlock07

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1473 on: Friday, June 6, 2014, 21:07:14 »

So last night was round one of trying to move Gatorskins to Fulcrum wheels! 

After half an hour of swearing and skin stripping gave up with one half fitted.  Battle recommences Tomorrow.  Really want to get out but does my bloody head in!

Rant over!
Bewster

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1474 on: Friday, June 6, 2014, 21:18:27 »

So last night was round one of trying to move Gatorskins to Fulcrum wheels! 

After half an hour of swearing and skin stripping gave up with one half fitted.  Battle recommences Tomorrow.  Really want to get out but does my bloody head in!

Rant over!

Gator skins are terrible to get on and off and is why I switched to GP4000s. Look at the video with the bearded old guy again

On the subject of bastard things on bikes I tried for 45 mins the other day to remove a magic chain link. Now usually these are OK, squeeze and slide but I could not get it to release.

I gave up and ordered a special removal tool. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/bbb-open-link-closing-link-tool-btl77

Didnt know you could get them, however went out the next day and it came off really easily Bad Mood
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1475 on: Friday, June 6, 2014, 21:26:03 »

Gator skins are terrible to get on and off and is why I switched to GP4000s. Look at the video with the bearded old guy again

On the subject of bastard things on bikes I tried for 45 mins the other day to remove a magic chain link. Now usually these are OK, squeeze and slide but I could not get it to release.

I gave up and ordered a special removal tool. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/bbb-open-link-closing-link-tool-btl77

Didnt know you could get them, however went out the next day and it came off really easily Bad Mood

Don't suppose someone could link to the bearded guy video could they - using phone so searching old threads takes a bloody age.

Also got to fit chain and cassette so expect more pain!

Will look at other tyres love the gators for puncture resistance (35 mph pinch flat excepted) but this fitting ball ache is driving me mad!
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #1476 on: Friday, June 6, 2014, 21:39:58 »

Took a while of looking for it, but this is the video where i get my technique from.

There seems to be loads of videos that are just crap really. If you want to know how to do something...get an old english bloke with a beard and glasses to show you how.

I dont use toe straps or cable ties because im not putting on a marathon plus and im hard as...

Good luck, squeeze and pinch. Also put wheel vertically, put foot between spokes and push down to create a bit of slack
« Last Edit: Friday, June 6, 2014, 21:42:10 by Bewster » Logged
horlock07

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1477 on: Saturday, June 7, 2014, 11:02:44 »

Ta... Round 2 will commence this PM hopefully followed by a chain and cassette change!
Bewster

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1478 on: Saturday, June 7, 2014, 11:08:41 »

Ta... Round 2 will commence this PM hopefully followed by a chain and cassette change!

Good luck.

Tip : Use a bungey cord from rear mech to water bottle cage to make the chain fitting easier.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1479 on: Saturday, June 7, 2014, 11:44:19 »

Any of you guys got CO2 inflators? If so, which do you recommend?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #1480 on: Saturday, June 7, 2014, 11:58:49 »

Any of you guys got CO2 inflators? If so, which do you recommend?

I have a Lezyne one, very good although it gets very cold when being used. Note that the tyre will deflate in a couple of days as the co2 escapes
horlock07

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1481 on: Saturday, June 7, 2014, 12:22:25 »

Mine is a specialized one,  works fine and does allow some modulation when using.

But do mind your fingers as they will freeze to the cannister if you hold it.  Mine didn't come with a sleeve for the cannister but the refills from Evans did!
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #1482 on: Saturday, June 7, 2014, 12:24:21 »

I've never tried one on a mountain bike tyre, so not sure how much pressure you'd get
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1483 on: Saturday, June 7, 2014, 13:12:36 »

Wanted one for the road bike now that I am doing some long distances. I have a pump, but not convinced I'd get more than 70 psi into it. Thinking an inflator and a couple of CO2 canisters would be a wise addition to my saddle bag. Wasn't sure whether this is ok:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-co2-tyre-inflator-set-with-2-cartridges/?referid=affwin&utm_source=affiliate-window&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_campaign=triban3owners.freeforums.net

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
horlock07

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1484 on: Saturday, June 7, 2014, 15:57:16 »

Got one of these and would not be without it for the reassurance it brings!

http://www.cycleways.com/store/product/60662/Specialized-CO2-Microblast-Pump/?gclid=CIa2soeQ6L4CFebItAodVE8ANA

Always carry at least 2 cartridges though as we always seem to bugger it up!
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 ... 181   Go Up
Print
Jump to: