Pages: 1 ... 178 179 180 [181]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 744213 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2700 on: Saturday, June 17, 2023, 14:53:37 »

What line of retail Fuzzy🤔

So, give no fucks
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #2701 on: Saturday, June 17, 2023, 15:56:10 »

Hi mystical_goat, yes I have seen it. Just waiting for a break in the customers to sit down and have adeeper look.

Retail is a wonderful thing until customers walk in  Wink

Ah, thanks, and apologies for nagging. I always preferred retail when it was busier!
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #2702 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 21:22:41 »

I now have a offer (final offer) from their side but am unsure whether to accept it or take it to court.

My side put the injury compensation at £4-5k, but theirs have offered just shy of £4k.

They've agreed to all the other costs, such as the repairs to my bike and dental work, but won't pay around £100 in taxis to medical appointments (1 of which was a minor injury clinic on a Sunday to have my wrist looked at, the other a specific and hard-to-get-to place where the doctor assessed my injuries approx 6 weeks after the accident as part of this process).

If I did get a more favourable result at court the injury lawyers I've appointed will take 30% of it anyway, and it will take another 6-12 months, so I'm kind of leaning towards accepting the offer. I'll get proper injury/lawyer cover so that if it happens again they're not taking a big cut.

Any thoughts or advice please?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2703 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 21:44:03 »

What do the lawyers say you are likely to get if you go to court? If minus 30% will be less than what they offer now then you have your answer.

Four years today since my crash. Still waiting for it to go to court.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #2704 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 21:49:07 »

They're taking 30% of the total claim regardless of whether it goes to court or not. £4-5k was their estimate for the injuries.

So if I were to get the most favourable outcome at court, £5k, I'd get another approx £800. £4.5k and it'd be about £500 to me.

I did just read this:

Taking a cycling accident to the courts

On rare occasions the cycling accident claim will need to go to court. The document known as the “Particulars of Claim” will need to be completed which will contain full explanation of the basis of your claim and losses.

Even if court proceedings are issued, most cycling accident claims will still eventually settle before the need for a trial or hearing.

So it seems just the threat of committing to court action could prompt a higher offer and for them to settle before court.
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 180 [181]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: