Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 181   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 737479 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #615 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 21:33:38 »

I hate this thread.

I hate it because I am so envious. I love cycling but it just isn't practical in this stinking great congested, polluted, humid city.

I hope you all get punctures tomorrow.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 21:38:59 »

I hate it because I am so envious. I love cycling but it just isn't practical in this stinking great congested, polluted, humid city.

Didn't think that Swindon had got that bad...  Wink
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 07:49:14 »

League code is 21220428

Done.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 09:19:47 »

I'm in.
Red Jed

« Reply #619 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 09:35:50 »

Yet there are 9 million cycles in Bejing, another overcrowded polluted humid city. Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 09:41:20 »

Yet there are 9 million cycles in Bejing, another overcrowded polluted humid city. Cheesy

Have to say, I'd have thought cycling would be the ideal vehicle for such a place..as long as you wear a mask. but I know fuck all about Bangkok, so won't comment.
Flashheart

« Reply #621 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 09:45:57 »

The traffic is way to dangerous, I'd probably hyperventilate if wearing a mask when exercising and arriving at your destination drenched in sweat makes it impractical as a means of transport.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 10:02:46 »

The traffic is way to dangerous, I'd probably hyperventilate if wearing a mask when exercising and arriving at your destination drenched in sweat makes it impractical as a means of transport.

http://travel.cnn.com/bangkok/play/cycling-bangkok-not-just-insane-266276
Flashheart

« Reply #623 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 10:14:40 »

Yeah, right.

A couple of locations that might be suitable for biking. What you need to take into account is that you need to get there first.

This isn’t the perfect place to ride a bike -- there’s only one two-kilometer oval track around a huge pond -- but it’s right in the middle of Bangkok and is really easy to get to.

Somebody writes an article trying to promote cycling in Bangkok and they need to include an example that 'isn't the perfect place to ride a bike'. Hardly a ringing endorsement.

I happen to actually live here Reg and don't need an article to tell me how it is here. Even walking is too much depending on the distance. Every cunt just jumps in a taxi, bus or motorbike as the climate is just not suitable.

Plus, and putting aside the dangers and the climate, riding around the city just would not be at all enjoyable.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 10:24:05 »

Fair enough...there's no way, I'd go out on Swindon's roads...but fortunately there's a decent network of tracks and other off road oportunities.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 14:06:28 »

There's no way I'd ride a bicycle in Bangkok, the cars and motorbikes are dangerous enough there!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #626 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 19:30:01 »

To anyone interested Merlin have some shimano offers on this weekend.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: Friday, August 23, 2013, 08:18:29 »

To anyone interested Merlin have some shimano offers on this weekend.

Cheers - good one
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: Friday, August 23, 2013, 08:31:29 »

Shoes came this morning \Smiley/

Spent half an hour out in the garden practicing clipping in and out. Just about got the hang of it, going to pop out later for a proper spin. Twisting my heel out to unclip seems to have aggravated an old ankle injury slightly, but think it's going to be a case of just MTFU and deal with it.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: Friday, August 23, 2013, 11:37:54 »

Shoes came this morning \Smiley/
Spent half an hour out in the garden practicing clipping in and out. Just about got the hang of it, going to pop out later for a proper spin. Twisting my heel out to unclip seems to have aggravated an old ankle injury slightly, but think it's going to be a case of just MTFU and deal with it.
You have to change your thinking processing from stop-brake to stop-unclip/brake.
The worse thing you can do is panic when you realise you haven't unclipped. Either keep going if possible or get alongside a car to lean on. Always have a favourite side to unclip, most people's is left and its away from traffic, but mine is my stronger right foot. Also, youtube has some cleat set up guides- I'd advise to watch and do as to avoid toe numbness and hotspots. Apart from that - Enjoy !
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 181   Go Up
Print
Jump to: