Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 181   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 737374 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 12:23:37 »

It's a five year old Kona that I bought from new, up until August I had probably only done 50 miles on it. Now do about 20 miles a week, so not much wear I would have thought.

Shimano Acera by the way.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 12:34:23 »

Nice looking bike - very well spec'd - where did you get it from ?

Got it from my (nearly) local bike shop.

I made the mistake of taking a stroll into the shop as I was passing and the Wilier was sitting there staring at me. I tried to resist but failed miserably.

I got the matte black version but mine had red brake calipers and was fitted with upgraded wheels for some reason. I wasn't complaining.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 13:26:00 »

It's a five year old Kona that I bought from new, up until August I had probably only done 50 miles on it. Now do about 20 miles a week, so not much wear I would have thought.
Shimano Acera by the way.

Firstly as already said you need to check they are correctly indexed and the chain/gears are in good order. If they are then you need to look at the cables. If it hasn't been well maintained the cables can lose their consistent tension resulting in gears jumping in the mid range. 

I change my rear cassette and chain at the same time and cables when they start jumping.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 13:26:22 »

Got it from my (nearly) local bike shop.

I made the mistake of taking a stroll into the shop as I was passing and the Wilier was sitting there staring at me. I tried to resist but failed miserably.

I got the matte black version but mine had red brake calipers and was fitted with upgraded wheels for some reason. I wasn't complaining.

I'm quite jealous !
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 13:34:32 »

I'm quite jealous !

It is a thing of beauty and rides like a dream Smiley
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 15:34:20 »

It is a thing of beauty and rides like a dream Smiley

I turn 40 next month so the wife said I can treat myself. The thing is that my bike is only 3 years old so I am finding it hard to justify.

And now you're tempting me further  Grin
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 15:57:00 »

I turn 40 next month so the wife said I can treat myself. The thing is that my bike is only 3 years old so I am finding it hard to justify.

And now you're tempting me further  Grin

How many bikes does a cyclist need?

Answer = n+1 (where n = the number of bikes they currently own) Cheesy
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 16:15:32 »

Ha ha brilliant. Love that !!

I've had a look at a lot of bikes and want to get something that stands out from the crowd. I was thinking along the titanium route but the Willier looks the dogs back bits.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 16:57:46 »

Ah, good ol' rule #12.

It can also be written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes that would result in separation.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 20:04:41 »

Ha ha brilliant. Love that !!

I've had a look at a lot of bikes and want to get something that stands out from the crowd. I was thinking along the titanium route but the Willier looks the dogs back bits.

Mine was purchased with the full knowledge an approval of SWMBO on the understanding that, as the bike is Italian, it should be named for her favourite Italian. My Wilier therefore goes by the name 'Raffa'  Cheesy
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 17:31:16 »

Have always loved a Wilier lovely looking bikes, as are the Colnago's and Bianchi's - actually it may just be an Italian thing...

Was thinking of replacing my Specialized but with the ankle biter on the way dont think thats going to happen now. Titanium is a bit different and supposed to be a good ride so wel shall see perhaps in a few years.

One bike I did see at the bike show was a Rose, I think they are german but you seemed to get a huge amount for your money, with Cosmic Wheels as standard, never seen one of the road over here so if you want to stand out that could be an option.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 17:32:55 »

Cheers for the Aldi tip, I'll take a look.

I bought some stuff from Lidl earlier in the year when they had a deal on cycling gear and it's pretty decent quality.

Went for a ride today and borrowed a mates Aldi gloves (the bastard bought two pairs when they were on sale) and they were proper toasty and thin enought to be able to easily use the bike.

Just need to find a source for some now....
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 18:12:19 »

i fitted my SPD pedals and went for a little roll about. i can see me doing some damage to myself with these!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 18:15:01 »

I've read plenty of stories about SPDers falling over at lights when they've not been able to unclip fast enough. Usually when there's a pretty lady looking on too.

Got properly muddy this morning Cool And a little lost when I decided to cut through Wichelstowe on my way home. That place is like a maze.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Monday, December 17, 2012, 13:40:22 »

Got properly muddy this morning Cool And a little lost when I decided to cut through Wichelstowe on my way home. That place is like a maze.

Last week I took my road bike out and did 45 miles, this week I went out on my mountain bike, got properly filthy and did 8 miles and I was more tired than last week - It was a tad boggy. And I wasn't drugged up to my eyeballs.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 181   Go Up
Print
Jump to: